Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We loaned out Giannis Botos to Go Ahead Eagles in Holland last season and they have now won promotion to the Eredivisie next season.

Watching this guy play for the Greek U21 and some times with the Go Ahead Eagles... man guy is a great player and I think he could have really helped when a Mantalos for example needs resting, very disappointed we hardly gave this guy a go

Comment

• I think his good form and the Giakoumakis sale proves we need to invest more time in our youth.

We have made a decent attempt with Machairas, need to continue it when Botos returns and the with the rest (Christopoulos etc)

Comment

• Tzavellas' agent with a masterclass of manipulation. Shows how he got his client to be VS's favourite CB for the ethniki for years now.

He pretended Oly and PAO had interest in his client through strategic false leaks to the press such as Marinakis personally wanting Tzavellas. This was all complete nonsense but was published everywhere. The target was always AEK.

Comment

• I don't mind Tzavellas but only we we get another CB. He cant be the 'Bam' CB. He has great passion none the less and is more than capable for our league.

Ntcham apparently is in Athens. Would be a great signing.

Comment

• Goutas deal will not go through as we signed Mitoglou from Volos... I would have preferred Goutas to Svarnas

Comment

• I think Risvanis and Goutas should be at AEK. Both would easily improve your defence.

Comment

• Looks like we have pulled out of the Ntcham deal as Celtic decided to exercise the 1 year option in his contract

Vintage AEK

Comment

• Get ready for another season of shit. Have brought in no one in positions we need, Euro qualifier in less than a month??

Comment

• As usual our media talked it up once the season ended and 6 weeks later it’s the same shit as usual.

Comment

• EXACTLY OS!! Kinda shits ya they sit there saying this and that and boom's coming only for nothing to happen

Comment

• I just don't understand why we would pay €400k for a 35 year old Tzavellas but wont give the same or even €1m for Ntcham

Heck they still owe us €3m for Barkas - let them keep it.

Unless some serious transfers are made (which will probably be August 30th, it will be too late as usual for the team to start off on the right foot) we will be battling for Europe again.

Comment

• Tzavellas is a Kone singing in my opinion. I know we all look to Meli at these moments but is Kone even doing his job? Does he know how to do it? Do we have a better option than Ntcham? Another long and frustrating season ahead by the looks of things.

Comment

• Something we probably don't consider is that a lot of players don't want to sign for us given our reputation (excluding players, Simoes etc), perceived lack of funds and the fact they'd prefer to play in France, Netherlands etc where the governing body has its shit together and the government doesn't regularly interfere. Lucky we have the weather and good quality of life otherwise no one would come

Comment

• In that case PAOK, Oly and even Aris would struggle to sign anyone.

I think Tiger is tight and Kone clueless. Players don't gravitate to a hot headed Albanian novice and someone offering low wages. AEK's reputation is no money these days. The squad value of AEK is the same as PAO.. only difference is Tiger is worth over 3 billion.. its an absurd situation that the Greek media, in general terms, is too afraid to discuss.

Quite simply, Tiger is not willing to compete with Oly and PAOK. Nothing wrong with that. AEK were 30 points behind Oly this season. Everyone knows he is not willing to compete with Oly and PAOK. The insidious part is every season he claims AEK have the best team in Greece. Even told that to Jiminez publicly when he hired him. It is that that stinks. If he wasn't a billionaire, it wouldn't look so bad.. however, I doubt the AEK fans will say much.. so business as usual I guess.

Comment

• Damien Le Tallec is in Athens to sign tomorrow.

Reports also stating Araujo is expected in Athens on Friday to sign.

Comment

Working...
                                X