• AEK vs Volos

VOLOSNFCLOGO.png

AEK vs Volos

Date - Sunday, 20th October 2019

Venue - OAKA, Athens

Competition - Super League

Round - 7

Time - 19:30 (Greece time)

We lead 3-2... VAR has taken two legit goals off Livaja... (ok freekick is hard to tell but from one decent camera angle I thought it was a goal)

Mantalos MOTM

Very slow start by us but we eventually got the better of the midfield

FT 3-2!

Comment

Solid win goin to Pireaus next week!

Livaja keeping up the fine form! Mantalos too!

Could and should have been more comfortable but 3 pts is 3 pts at the end of the day. Looked like Oiko and Chyg werent att the races today! Need to be better at the back vs Oly, hopefully they are still missing Valbuena come our game.

Comment

Good 3 points and win before we play Oly. Livagia once again a standout, with Oliveira slowly finding his feet these two will have a good partnership up top for us, there were a few good combo plays between both during the game, it can only get better with time. Mandalos had a good game also. Copped soft goals, I think the first was a foul on Oiko before the cross was made. The second a shitty deflection. Verde looked a little better and sharper today also, hopefully he can find some good form and be a difference for us at times.

Onto the big one next week where we know we can’t lose as they’ll go 7 ahead of us, but let’s not forget if VAR had really done their jobs properly Oly would have 8 points less than what they currently do.

Comment

Some interesting points OS... Oliveira, I am, still not sold on this guy, seems very slow and hardly made a difference other than the assist to Mantalos on goal 3 for us.

Verde def had one of, if not, his best game for AEK, he had no choice, he needed to perform.

Bloody VAR, did you guys see the penalty that OFI didn't get vs Olympiakos? That's unbelievable!

Massive game next week, we will def need Vranjes back there

Comment

I don't quite understand why Livaja's first goal didn't count. What am I missing here besides VAR payoff envelopes in the back room?

Comment

Originally posted by Original Sydney View Post
              Good 3 points and win before we play Oly. Livagia once again a standout, with Oliveira slowly finding his feet these two will have a good partnership up top for us, there were a few good combo plays between both during the game, it can only get better with time. Mandalos had a good game also. Copped soft goals, I think the first was a foul on Oiko before the cross was made. The second a shitty deflection. Verde looked a little better and sharper today also, hopefully he can find some good form and be a difference for us at times.

Onto the big one next week where we know we can’t lose as they’ll go 7 ahead of us, but let’s not forget if VAR had really done their jobs properly Oly would have 8 points less than what they currently do.
              Olivera makes a good target man--if for no other reason than he draws more players to him, leaving others with space to pop a goal in. He's no Hugo Almeida

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                Some interesting points OS... Oliveira, I am, still not sold on this guy, seems very slow and hardly made a difference other than the assist to Mantalos on goal 3 for us.

Verde def had one of, if not, his best game for AEK, he had no choice, he needed to perform.

Bloody VAR, did you guys see the penalty that OFI didn't get vs Olympiakos? That's unbelievable!

Massive game next week, we will def need Vranjes back there
                After today with Livagia running at players and Oliveira back to goal they were combining pretty well or were trying to most times, I think these 2 will click well for us.

He may lack speed but he’s a presence up top for us right now, different striker to Araujo and Ponce obviously. Also I don’t think he gets enough service in the box right now, hopefully he gets it because in the box I think he can do damage to teams. He does need a couple more games under his belt as he is lacking that real sharpness in a striker.

Im sure Vranjes will be back next week he of all players wouldn’t want to miss Oly.

As for Livagia disallowed goal, I hardly saw anything in that being offside, even on the replays the linesman has kept his flag down the whole time. Saw the first goal we conceded again and if that’s not a clear foul I don’t know what is, he’s clearly gone into Oiko. VAR in Greece so far has been a let down, not that I personally was expecting great things from it as we all know it’s Greece and they have no shame in changing decisions in games, even with video technology.

Comment

Vranjes missed the game due to cards, he will be back for Oly next week.

Was a definite foul on Oiko, the Volos player was not looking at the ball just at Oiko and shoved into him. No intention to play the ball.

Livajia was also onside, definitely in line with the Volos' players leg.

I don't mind the odd decision going wrong but it seems even with VAR its going on every week. Its happening in the Premier League every week too but not this blatantly.

Comment

VAR is the killer of sport. Just like day to day technology it’s going too far, like social media making everyone a whinger, VAR is making sport less enjoyable

Comment

The only technology football should have is goal line and that’s it. VAR is an easy route to match fixing.

Oly have benefitted 4 times already this season from VAR. After their game on the weekend Theodoridis went on a huge rant about the ref saying he was against them, mind you it was the ref who didn’t give a clear penalty to OFI. The guy is beyond deluded.

Comment

It’s a cover up by Theodoridis, he does this all the time when the reffs cheat to THEIR favour

Comment

Working...
                        X