• AEK vs Panetolikos

Panetolikos new emblem.png

AEK vs Panetolikos

Date - Sunday, 5th January 2020

Venue - OAKA, Athens

Competition - Superleague Greece

Round - 17

Time - 15:00 (Greece time)

First game of 2020, let's have a fresh start and begin with a win.

Hopefully get the W with no injuries as we face PAOK next week in Toumba.

Comment

For once a semi decent time for us in Aus, midnight kickoff. Will be interesting to see how we play since Carrera has had time with the players now. Must win this to go toumba with confidence. Don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing paok lost overnight but it shows they’re beatable.

Few players out for this also, Gala and Oliveira the most notable ones. Reports says Saba might get a start in this one.

Comment

3-1 win. We weren’t great first half but they sat back and made it difficult for us to do much. I don’t think the line up carrera went with helped either. Second half once Verde came on for Deletic the game changed, he was great for us once again. Livagia bagged a double and was showing what we’ve missed from him. We copped a very soft goal also. Hit the post a couple times also but overall we got the job done.

Big credit to livagia, he was on a hatrick and gave the ball to Verde for the last penalty we got, not many players would do that.

Now for PAOK.

Comment

Tragic and depressing first half - much better second and the best 45 mins under Carrera, Verde made a massive difference and for me just another indication that Deletic is not for AEK, like wise Giakoumakis who is a very unpolished player.

I dunno, something about this team doesn't do it for me, but the second half should show Carrera how we need to go forward. We need to replace Deletic and Giakoumakis with much better players. We should also look to sign a real gun for the central midfield role.

I can't see us beating PAOK but perhaps we can look to get them on energy given there is cup matches midweek

Comment

Deletic can’t start another game for us, he offers very little. Verde on the other hand has take time but he has shown he can make a difference and play a role in this team.

Albanis was also not his usual self either, but he does have talent and deserves more starts.

Giakoumakis just isn’t the 9 we need or can rely on. We need another striker in this window to come in as without Oliveira we have nothing as backup.

PAOK away will be tough and even harder now that they’ve lost as they’ll want to bounce back right away, walking away with a point wouldn’t be a bad thing for us.

Comment

Really wanted Giakoumakis to score in this game when I seen he was starting, unlucky not to score as there GK pulled off a great save to push the ball on to the cross bar. 3 goals in coming up to 3 years is not what we need as a backup I agree. Maybe its time he moved on to an Atromitos/OFI in the summer.

Was surprised with the lineup tbh, thought it was a guarantee for Verde to start, his 2nd half performance confirmed he needs to start from here on in.

PAOK are favourites of course and if we play like we did in the 1st we are in for it, however the pressure is on them to perform being at home/in the title race/just lost to a bitter Rival/and are yet to win a derby (as are we).

Need Oliveira back for this one. All depends on what Livaja shows up imo, on his day and if he is up for it he can win us any game.

Comment

Originally posted by Original Sydney View Post
                Albanis was also not his usual self either, but he does have talent and deserves more starts.
                He's been bit ordinary the last few games, more so with poor passing, he is very good at running with the ball when some space is available and right now we really lack that player which I feel only he and Verde can offer. I think Carrera needs to start making these two guys regulars in our starting line ups as they are much better than Deletic, Lopez or Paulinho

Comment

What a fall from grace Lopez has been, 2 seasons ago he one of our best players and causes havoc down the left side.

Comment

Didn't come back same player since the last injury that had him out for a long time

Comment

Working...
                    X