Clear All

• AEK vs Olympiakos

AEK vs Olympiakos

Date - Sunday, 26th January 2020

Venue - OAKA, Athens

Competition - Super League

Round - 21

Time - 19:30 (Greece time)

If we play the way we played today Oly are in for a tough time. Will be interesting to see what lineup Carrera goes with, I expect Symanski to be a definite starter after his performance today. He impressed me a lot.

Comment

Only thing with him starting is one of Verde/Mantalos/Livaja will have to start on the bench as I cant see Simoes or Kristicic not starting either. Oliveira obviously starts up top. It is a good problem to have.

Let's hope for a big attendance. It has been a while.

I believe Semedo is out for them which is good for us.

Comment

I want a fucken derby win already!!!!

Carrera is giving me some confidence, he is a very smart tactician so not sure what to expect. I would like to see all three of the guys you mentioned Dikef as I believe we need to be dangerous at all times and put the OSFP defense under pressure which can be vulnerable but if we struggle with the ball and let them attack us, they are very good in attack, our defense will need to be 101% ready.

I want to see Albanis on as a sub (I am sure he wont start) at some point as I think his direct approach can really help us and in game 1 he was by far and away the most dangerous AEK player.

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if he drops Krsticic and starts with Simeos and Symanski as the 2 holding midfielders. Depends also what formation he goes with. Mandalos Livagia should be certain starters. Oliveira back up top also.

Comment

I wouldnt mind that one bit, I am not a big fan of 3 defensive midfielders and I want us to attack Olympiakos not go in scared

Comment

We are well and truely due! I'm confident about this one for some reason. Hopefully we play some good football!

PAME AEKARA!!!

Comment

0-0 HT

Nothing substantial from either side tbh, we had a good first 5 mins after that its pretty nuch been Oly with the ball but even they have not created anything. 1 big chance for them in El Arabi missing the connection from up close very early on. Dont think wither side has had a shot in target.

Oly first to every ball in the air, I dont think we have won 1 air duel. We are 2nd to pretty much every ball and losing a lot of 50-50 duels.

Bakakis our worst imo. Hard to pick a best, probably Vranjes.

Symanaki came off on minute 30' for Oliveira not sure if because of injury, fitness or tactical as up until then we could not get out of our half.

Need to hold on to the ball longer, we are losing it to easily especially from throw ins. In one instance we had a throw in the turned into a corner for them as Lopez got close down to easy.

Need a big second half. PAME!

Comment

A point is probably the best we could have hoped for in the end as Oly hit the crossbar and we went doen to the inevitable red Simoes was going to get with 10 minutes to go (15 including stoppage time)

Didnt really threaten in the 2nd either but we put in a spirited tactical performance, wish we took a few more risks going forward but happy with the point vs a tough opponent in Oly.

Symanski sub was tactical which is good.

Focus on the cup.

Comment

I said I hopped we attacked Olympiakos and not be scared... well we did what I hopped we wouldn't. Hard game to watch, I believe Dikef summed it up perfectly, Oly first to every ball and won every aerial challenge. We had one good chance all game and that was it.

The only guys worth mentioning, Vranjes, Mantalos, even though the dumb ass Greek fans wanna blame him for everything and Barkas. Lopez did ok at times too. I thought Symanski was looking the best of the 3 dm's before he was subbed. Simoes and Kristicic can only defend. Kristicic kept passing to Olympiakos players and Simoes got his customary red card, these guys can not get passes going. Livaja a no show to another derby.

Comment

I know it was tactical taking off symanski but i would’ve taken off Krsticic, symanski is a work horse so he could’ve attacked and defended plus his distribution is way better than Krsticic and Simeos.

Not the worst result but it’s a shame once again we couldn’t win a derby especially playing at home.

Like Dikef said focus on the kypello as it would be a small consolation to the season considering what we’ve been through.

Comment

Only reason Symanski was taken off rather than Simoes/Kristicic is because he has played 1 game for the team. Although he played well in it Simoes and Kristicic have more experience with the team/game plan I guess. Going forward he will for sure be a regular with one of the other two making way unless we are playing 4-3-3.

Comment

Working...
                        X