Panionios vs AEK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
    Season suspended till April 24 although 100% it will go beyond that. Some clubs want season called off, like PAO, PAOK & Olympiakos, the latter only if a champion is declared but as mentioned before, there was much to play for and a place in the Champions League means a lot right now with budgets plummeting.

Many clubs agreed though, if the season is called off, next season should be 16 teams with non of the current mob being relegated, I personally dont mind that but I think the top 6 had much to play for, for P2, and OFI Aris battle
    Well, Greece's argument to end the league right now with the current standings and ignore the play-offs seems to be logical, even though it doesn't benefit us, AEK fans. Most important thing is not to rush the games and risk a greater spread of the virus, even when things have calmed down a little bit. Everyone has played everyone both home and away and, despite not being planned, it would be entirely fair to just end the league season with current standings and play the remaining cup fixtures in early summer. The only negative of this scenario is that clubs like AEK decided to rotate in their final game, in order to avoid injuries and yellow/red cards.

Afterall, as I've mentioned before, playing football in summer in a country like Greece would require cooling breaks, as the conditions would be too hot for a match to be played.

Comment

Working...
    X