X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikos Alefantos RIP

Sadly he's no longer with us.

https://www.ieidiseis.gr/eidiseis/at...ikos-alefantos

An all-around great character, full of opinions, who loved Olympiacos, but also loved good football.

this guy made me laugh for hours

RIP

Comment

A character.

Comment

Sad to see the big guy go. Larger than life character that will be missed.

As crazy as he was at times, he knew his football tactics better than most

RIP Alefantos

Comment

yes, i'd say it's an overall loss for greek football. his whole life was dedicated to football.

i also remember his nonsense in 1998 as manager of prooduetiki. greece had just missed qualifying for the 98 world cup and up and coming romanian angel iordanescu was named new manager of the greece NT after the late polyxroniou wasn't renewed.

iordanescu was given the richest managerial contract in all of greek football and alefantos wasn't happy. iordanescu called all the club team managers together to discuss ways to improve the NT and alefantos made it his business to show his envy and anger. bajevic stood up for iordanescu and alefantos yelled back at bajevic that he 'wasn't greek, so shut up'.

2 non-greeks who cared and appeared to care more about the good of greek football than an actual greek like alefantos.

just another chapter in the 'rich' football culture of hellas.

Comment

Originally posted by aek66 View Post
            yes, i'd say it's an overall loss for greek football. his whole life was dedicated to football.

i also remember his nonsense in 1998 as manager of prooduetiki. greece had just missed qualifying for the 98 world cup and up and coming romanian angel iordanescu was named new manager of the greece NT after the late polyxroniou wasn't renewed.

iordanescu was given the richest managerial contract in all of greek football and alefantos wasn't happy. iordanescu called all the club team managers together to discuss ways to improve the NT and alefantos made it his business to show his envy and anger. bajevic stood up for iordanescu and alefantos yelled back at bajevic that he 'wasn't greek, so shut up'.

2 non-greeks who cared and appeared to care more about the good of greek football than an actual greek like alefantos.

just another chapter in the 'rich' football culture of hellas.
            I remember years ago there was this militant Greek weirdo from Crete on an international architecture forum who would lambast any foreigner who had an opinion concerning anything Greek (a Greek chair, a Greek building, a Greek policy etc) by saying, 'You are not Greek, therefore you are not allowed an opinion.'

Comment

400 years of wearing pajamas and slippers and all that pent-up anger and nationalism.

both bajevic and iordanescu had each played and coached in greece prior to 1998. they were known around the world in football circles. they wanted the best for greek football.

alefantos, no one knew who he was outside of greek borders.

Comment

alefantos, no one knew who he was outside of greek borders.
                Perhaps he was not known abroad, but he did spend a lot of time abroad, at Barcelona and in Germany, watching and learning different coaches run practice and learning all he could about coaching. Even today not many Greeks are known in the football world outside of Greece. Congrats on belittle ling a man who has passed away aek66, you are a true mensch. Also, how well known are you in the soccerwise in your circle of friends, never mind the soccer world outside Greece?

Comment

Originally posted by DaPipa View Post

Perhaps he was not known abroad, but he did spend a lot of time abroad, at Barcelona and in Germany, watching and learning different coaches run practice and learning all he could about coaching. Even today not many Greeks are known in the football world outside of Greece. Congrats on belittle ling a man who has passed away aek66, you are a true mensch. Also, how well known are you in the soccerwise in your circle of friends, never mind the soccer world outside Greece?
                  Lower your tones. This is not Greeksoccer.com. We don't go for personal attacks of posters - no matter how triggered that post makes you.

Comment

i didn't belittle him, i brought up what he did in 1998.

in life, he belittled 2 extraordinary men who wanted the best for greek football and they weren't even greek. right, alefantos x iordanescu. a bowl of gazpacho for one guy and the other went to the WC quarter-finals.

a real man, alefantos. cried like a baby because iordenescu made more money than he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

Lower your tones. This is not Greeksoccer.com. We don't go for personal attacks of posters - no matter how triggered that post makes you.
                      You mean the use of the word mensch? Or was it some other part that I missed?

mensch
                      /men(t)SH/
                      noun
                      INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
                      1. a person of integrity and honor.

Comment

a real man, alefantos. cried like a baby because iordenescu made more money than he did.
                        Honest question, why would you come here and speak on the manliness of an 81 year old man who was loved by so many the week of his passing, days after his burial? Also another question, in your leisure time do you steal candy from babies or anything equally unmanly? Skata sta moutra sou tsiboukofonia

Comment

You mean the use of the word mensch?[/LIST]
                          No, but will break it down for you.

Congrats on belittle ling a man who has passed away aek66
                          Sarcastic passive aggressive.

Also, how well known are you in the soccerwise in your circle of friends, never mind the soccer world outside Greece?
                          Nonsense juvenile bitchiness. AEK66 or any other poster can post on football, footballers or anything else without having to receive bitchy - what have you done in football snipes. For example - your dislike of Fetfa is intense - but you wont get anyone countering by saying, how many assists did you get this season? That is because we don't have have anyone with a mental age of 12 on here.. If some new member did try that crap, along with the other usual bitchiness, sarcasm - they would be told to cool their jets too just like you were. You see, this forum - cleans crap easily. The fact that you were confident enough to give me a dictionary copy and paste of some irrelevance - whilst assuming I don't know the word mensch.. tells me you are confident to talk big behind a screen, but not the smartest. One more bit of disrespect and you are gone. So choose your next words carefully. No second, third, fourth chance. Also going out in a blaze of glory? No line of hot chicks here waiting to be impressed by that. This place is very relaxed - we don't need the old Greeksoccer.com bitchiness. Any anger issues you have - you will not be allowed to project them on this forum. I understand the pain that the Olympiacosworld forum has closed with the last 1 or 2 members/remnants of the Oly Greeksoccer crowd. Here however, the rules are clear and very different to the previous forums you frequented:

4/ Civility. There is no safe forum to insult others from - meaning - you can't insult with anonymity from the safety of your home team's forum like past sites allowed and expect to be protected by the mod. Any insult against any member - anywhere - is not tolerated. This forum is not a pseudo-hooligan hang out. 'Fuck the Vazelos shithead' - 'Fuck the Gavroi!' 'I hope their fans were beaten well and severely fucked up after the game.' 'He deserved to get stabbed for that decision.' Nonsense like this will not be tolerated. We have seen countless forums crash and burn because this behaviour has been passively tolerated and then it snowballed into all out war. Also those who think they are smart and not actually insulting anyone in the strict sense.. such as: 'Then you clearly don't know shit..and have no brain..' It is still insulting I am afraid. There is no need for it. One should remember there are not millions of single women monitoring these boards - eagerly searching for the biggest alfa male keyboard warrior to potentially date. How you speak to other forum members here - is how you would speak to someone you met in a cafe or another civilised place. Polite and with a code of understanding, non-abuse and good will. If you take pleasure in insulting others or feel it is your right.. your time here will end very fast.

5/ 3rd, 4th and 5th chances will not be tolerated. Once someone has pinned their agenda to the mast - an agenda that breaks any of the previous rules- they will be out. We wont be playing this game: 'Oh I was on an 80% warning, but I think it should be 60% because XYZ..' Members wont be allowed to get this stage. You get a warning if we feel you are out of bounds as described above. Do it again and you are gone. This site therefore is one of self control. We rate football and the conversation of football above a man or woman's innate need to insult another forum member.

Comment

I really enjoyed Alefantos rants and views on football. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about most of the time and gave a few laughs. He was a real character.

RIP legend.

Comment

Skata sta moutra sou tsiboukofonia
                              We got banned for much less than this at Phantis, didn't we? And the names you keep picking... Tzatziki? DaPipa? Sounds like the name of things all those thug black men you care so deeply about would just love to give you in jail.
                              Last edited by Don Giovanni; 06-28-2020, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X