Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masouras lacks alot of polish for me... runs all day and certainly has some big artillery but I dunno, just not consistent enough with quality finishing or service

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
      Masouras lacks alot of polish for me... runs all day and certainly has some big artillery but I dunno, just not consistent enough with quality finishing or service
      I rate him highly. The thing I like about him the most is he is always motivated and determined. He gives his all on the pitch. His finishing is a bit inconsistent but he is a great player to have. I believe he and Fetfatzidis are our best wingers. Don’t forget the assist he gave El Arabi to beat Arsenal in the Europa league. Also remember when he came on against Bosnia and had like 3-4 chances himself, which in any other day he would’ve put them away.

Comment

Yea, I like him too and the most amazing thing about him is how hard he works. For a Greek to work that hard, lift the team that much etc and have goals and assists in him too is a rare thing.

Comment

EPO - for a reason beyond logic has decided to play the cup final on the crappy pitch at Rizoupoli.

Comment

I don't consider him a finisher. He's opportunistic if anything. He's not like these kids Liverpool and Manchester United have who can really pinpoint there shots into the top corner. He tries, but he lacks the quality to pull it off. I wish he would get his shots more on target, like Koulouris does. Even if they don't go in, there's always the rebound. Too often he goes for glory.

I don't think he's as good as Mantalos either, but that's the kind of player he should try to become. That's the kind of player Stelios was and that would probably be the best compliment that could be paid to him if he can get to that level. But to do that he has work his tail off, play smart, and be decisive.

Comment

Masouras just scored another 2 just now. I think that makes 11 goals in all comps this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                Masouras just scored another 2 just now. I think that makes 11 goals in all comps this season.
                He has become an important player for us. Every game he gives 100%. Good on him. Fetfa also scored against his former team. I would love to have him back. Fetfa and Valbuena are very similar and I believe Fetfa can do the same job Valbuena does. Fetfa just has to be more consistent with his finishing.

Comment

Not bad... not bad at all. Torosidis still has it. I almost feel like he shouldn't retire. Why is Fortounis still being benched? He needs to find a rhythm again. Does Martins not rate him for the Europa League?

Comment

• Dean97
                    Dean97 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That cross Torosidis gave was beautiful. Seems like he still has it.

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                  Not bad... not bad at all. Torosidis still has it. I almost feel like he shouldn't retire. Why is Fortounis still being benched? He needs to find a rhythm again. Does Martins not rate him for the Europa League?
                  Fortounis slows attacks. Martins wants quick deliberate attacks.

Comment

Fortounis is a bit of a throwback to a time when players created space and didn't simply take advantage of existing space. Modern football I feel has lost much the game's past wit.

I think he needs to find a rhythm to get his groove back in Greece, but for Europa League I don't think he's rounded enough to offer more than a creative outlet. He needs to be capable of defending and that's a sore point for him. But even if Olympiacos beat Wolves, they face Roma or Seville after and then face the prospect of United in the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                      Fortounis is a bit of a throwback to a time when players created space and didn't simply take advantage of existing space. Modern football I feel has lost much the game's past wit.

I think he needs to find a rhythm to get his groove back in Greece, but for Europa League I don't think he's rounded enough to offer more than a creative outlet. He needs to be capable of defending and that's a sore point for him. But even if Olympiacos beat Wolves, they face Roma or Seville after and then face the prospect of United in the semis.
                      I fear Wolves more than Roma.

Also I think Fortunis plays too deep. I think he should play higher up and learn how to play one touch football like Soudani can.

Comment

Wow..

The Greek Cup final has been postponed because of fears of organized fan violence after police found gasoline bombs and wooden bats hidden near the stadium where the match was scheduled to take place.

Comment

They wanted to postpone the final until August 30th! UEFA is telling the EPO it has to be played before August 3rd. That's really crazy.

Comment

EPO shut their offices to close the debate saying there was a suspected Corona case..

Comment

Something fishy is going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X