Europa League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
    Fantastic win. Really proud of the way we played. Great goals too. I thought both Sokratis and Sa could’ve done better in both goals but it is what it is. Masouras is a great player. Everyone on the forums should realise this. I believe he’s our 2nd best Greek winger behind Tzolis.
    Masouras is perhaps the most underrated player in the super league. A lot of people look to compare greek players to world beaters and when they don't stack up - dismiss them. Masouras scores, assists and is genuinely a threat.

I am convinced Cisse is better than Sokratis but alas we are where we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post

Masouras is perhaps the most underrated player in the super league. A lot of people look to compare greek players to world beaters and when they don't stack up - dismiss them. Masouras scores, assists and is genuinely a threat.

I am convinced Cisse is better than Sokratis but alas we are where we are.
      I agree. That’s all you really want from your wingers. All you want is for them to score, assist and be a threat and that’s what Masouras is doing. You can’t really ask for much else. That’s why I don’t understand why Mantalos plays on the left instead of him for Greece.

I wasn’t impressed with Sokratis performance. I’m starting to see what you’ve been saying in that he’s declined. He was lacking something out there. He seemed out of place a bit. Could be fitness also.

What I liked the most was how fast we were playing all game. We were still trying to score even to the last minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post

I agree. That’s all you really want from your wingers. All you want is for them to score, assist and be a threat and that’s what Masouras is doing. You can’t really ask for much else. That’s why I don’t understand why Mantalos plays on the left instead of him for Greece.

I wasn’t impressed with Sokratis performance. I’m starting to see what you’ve been saying in that he’s declined. He was lacking something out there. He seemed out of place a bit. Could be fitness also.

What I liked the most was how fast we were playing all game. We were still trying to score even to the last minute.
        That is why I adore Martins. 3-2 with 20 minutes left.. he throws on more attackers and sacrifices a cm. Also the subs themselves have an immediate impact. He knows the 4-2 is needed. That is the difference between an excellent coach and someone the EPO would hire..

Main article on sport24 also believes Sokratis cost us qualification last night.

https://m.sport24.gr/opinions/o-tsar...a.9148144.html

Comment

• Masouras always plays hard, ever time you see him, he is always hustling. In the case of Sokratis, it was his first game played in awhile. Tough situation to be in. The entire backline outside of Ba were new signings.

Comment

• Olympiakara!!!! So happy right now. I thought we choked and then we scored. Love to see it! Hassan your an amazing man!

Comment

• Fuck me.

Two posts. heavy rain first half that suited them. They were playing rough. They attempted to force their way through. Victory dedicated to their arsy German coach and their stupid cheating fans setting off fireworks outside the Olympiacos hotel at 5 am this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                Fuck me.

Victory dedicated to their arsy German coach and their stupid cheating fans setting off fireworks outside the Olympiacos hotel at 5 am this morning.
                Wow I didn’t know that. Well it makes this victory even more sweeter.

Comment

• We get Arsenal.

Comment

• Poor showing by Olympiakos, 3-1 loss at home

Comment

• Makes sense to me. We idiotically swapped Cisse for Sokratis in the transfer break.. Semedo, Ba and Avraam were injured today and didn't play. Players are shattered, Oleg outclassed. Arsenal just blew us away. Arsenal have a player budget of half a billion pounds..

Olympiacos.. £81 million. We overachieved thanks to Martins`s brilliance. A better ref and we could have had a draw. Arsenal`s second goal should have been canceled as their attacker lead with an elbow into M'Vila's neck..

Comment

• I’m very disappointed. MVila and El Arabi are the only players that had good games in my opinion. I’m disappointed mostly at the Greek players. Masouras was non existent in the 2nd half and missed an easy chance in the 1st half. Bouchalakis played like Bouchalakis. Nothing special, slow and made some bone headed decisions. He’s very basic also. Fortounis. Where do I start? He’s is so mind boggling. Looks like he doesn’t want to be there. He looks lazy and unmotivated. Also he looks slow. He never shows up against the ‘big’ teams. I don’t classify PSV as big. Fortounis is only good against teams like Lamia, Asteras etc.

Rebciuk has proven that he is no Tsimikas. We are missing Tsimikas badly in my opinion. Koutris should’ve stayed. Sokratis looked ok but he has regressed. Arsenal 2nd goal should’ve been disallowed but at the same time, we needed to be more dominant in the air at that moment. Androutsos came on full of enthusiasm
                        and fight, but I don’t think he could’ve done anything with only 5 minutes. Apparently he will be called up for Greece.

No wonder why Greece haven’t made any major tournament in 7 years. Our players from the Greek league are just not good enough. Our attacking and midfield options aren’t good enough. Tzolis seems like the only hope.

Comment

• Also it isn’t easy to transition from playing teams like Lamia and Asteras to PSV and Arsenal. It’s a massive difference. Olympiakos is way ahead from its competition in the Greek league. Having your players like Fortounis, Masouras and Bouchalakis not performing at the highest level under a good coach like Martins is very concerning with regards to Greece’s chances of making it to Euro or World Cup.

Masouras needs to calm down and be composed in front of goal. That’s his biggest weakeness. He’s too nervy in front of goal. He also needs to attempt to take players on more often. He can’t just get the ball go sideways and play a back pass all the time. He always works hard though, running from the 1st minute to the 90th.

Bouchalakis for me isn’t the answer for Olympiakos and Greece. He can be a good option off the bench. Very basic for me. MVila and Camara are way better. He can play long balls when he wants to but nothing special. Isn’t at the level needed. He’s improved some areas of his game but isn’t the answer.

Fortounis needs to snap out of it and wake up. Need him to take charge. He’s always seems to do things very lazily. I think it’s an attitude problem. Against Spain he will be close to useless if keeps going the way he’s going.

The reason why I’m talking about these guys is because we are going to depend on them to get Greece over the line. There aren’t many Greeks playing top leagues or playing European football.

Comment

• The last minute injury to Ba is what doomed them. It forced MVila to cb and weakened the midfield. Plus those two (Sok and MVila) haven't had many games playing together, no chemistry.

Comment

• Bouxa was doing that thing that Basinas and Katsouranis used to do and it was making my skin crawl. Whenever a midfielder or full back had the ball with time and was looking for forward pass - Bouxa would yell at them pointing to pass back to Sa or another CB. There was even one instance were Lala found a forward pass only for Bouxa to continue badgering him that he should have passed backwards.

Comment

• Olympiakos is miles ahead of the top 6 in the Greek league.....not saying super league anymore because its insulting to real super leagues.
                                PAO defeated Olympiakos 2/1.....and I was so disgusted in PAOs actual skill level, stopped watching. AEK and PAOK are in a similar disgusting skill levels. In fact AEK and PAO are around Volos levels!!!
                                That said, Olympiakos is miles behind teams like Arsenal....they were totally made to look like school children.
                                We have no business playing in any European competition until we figure this shit out!
                                What kind of shit is this?
                                honestly like Arsenal was just cruising all game.

Comment

Working...
                                X