Europa League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe, but the score was still tied after 80 minutes and OLY had chances to take the lead. I am a PAO fan and I can say that objectively. Arsenal is the better team by far (skill wise) but that doesn't alone win games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brklyngrk View Post
      Maybe, but the score was still tied after 80 minutes and OLY had chances to take the lead. I am a PAO fan and I can say that objectively. Arsenal is the better team by far (skill wise) but that doesn't alone win games.
      I agree, however the Arsenal type of teams will win over less talented teams 8 out of 10 times.

My main point was....Olympiakos is way ahead of AEK/PAOK and PAO. That said, Olympiakos has fallen way behind CL class in recent years. Looking forward its looking very dismal for the Greek league. At the end of the day, we simply can't keep up, and losing ground by the minute....while the other leagues ahead of us are growing and getting stronger. IMO its too late, it is what it is.

Comment

• Leagues like the Super League will always be at a disadvantage when the big leagues are getting billions of dollars in TV revenue...the best we can hope for is to be able to compete with the second tier with sound investments in infrastructure and youth leagues..

Comment

• Originally posted by Brklyngrk View Post
          Leagues like the Super League will always be at a disadvantage when the big leagues are getting billions of dollars in TV revenue...the best we can hope for is to be able to compete with the second tier with sound investments in infrastructure and youth leagues..
          There's only one solution to the financial problem. OLYMPIAKOS/AEK/PAOK/PAO, should revisit the Balkan league idea that was introduced 5 years back....Netherlands and Belgium are thinking of merging their leagues. If we stay like this....will be a pure second division league. The big 4 Greek teams, merging with 5 other Balkan countries, maybe even getting Russia to buy in.
          Its very simple economics, nothing will change under these circumstances....can only get worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVC View Post

There's only one solution to the financial problem. OLYMPIAKOS/AEK/PAOK/PAO, should revisit the Balkan league idea that was introduced 5 years back....Netherlands and Belgium are thinking of merging their leagues. If we stay like this....will be a pure second division league. The big 4 Greek teams, merging with 5 other Balkan countries, maybe even getting Russia to buy in.
            Its very simple economics, nothing will change under these circumstances....can only get worse.
            How would you feel about APOEL and Omonia joining the SL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post

That would be a step in the right direction.

Comment

I would also make it a exclusive league no dropping and adding teams at the end of the season. 9 Greek teams and APOEL/OMONIA. Each team would play each other 4 times. This would bring stability to the league, increasing TV revenues and gates revenue big time. Then we can see the big 4 raising their teams roster worth over 100 million.
                Last edited by JVC; 03-15-2021, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVC View Post

I would also try to get the government involved in funding it. 100 million over 10 years. 10 million to each team, and NOVA to increase from 6 million to 10. That would net 20 million to each club for TV revenues. I would also make it a exclusive league no dropping and adding teams at the end of the season. 9 Greek teams and APOEL/OMONIA. Each team would play each other 4 times. This would bring stability to the league, increasing TV revenues and gates revenue big time. Then we can see the big 4 raising their teams roster worth over 100 million.
                  Clubs need to be a little smarter too. PAOK bought that Kagawa and instantly millions of Japanese are watching the Greek Super League and buying PAOK tops. The Greeks need to learn better advertising.

One of the reasons I go on about stadiums is not just that good stadia attract better players, coaches, more fans etc. One key reason is that a new boutique 35k stadium looks great on TV - compared with this..

So new stadia to attract more fans, better players, coaches and more media buzz and prestige, better marketing - both a club and league level, bigger teams (addition of APOEL and Omonia) etc etc

Comment

Clubs need to be a little smarter too. PAOK bought that Kagawa and instantly millions of Japanese are watching the Greek Super League and buying PAOK tops. The Greeks need to learn better advertising.

One of the reasons I go on about stadiums is not just that good stadia attract better players, coaches, more fans etc. One key reason is that a new boutique 35k stadium looks great on TV - compared with this..

So new stadia to attract more fans, better players, coaches and more media buzz and prestige, better marketing - both a club and league level, bigger teams (addition of APOEL and Omonia) etc etc
                    I agree with all that. However if they don't restructure the league that wont be enough. 9 Greek permanent teams and 2 from Cyprus.

OLYMPIAKOS
                    AEK
                    PAO
                    PAOK
                    ARIS
                    OFI
                    LARISSA
                    APOEL
                    OMONIA

The other 2 Greek teams needs a thought on which ones have the bigger fan bases and potential growth.
                    we can't wait 5 years for stadiums to be built....its already too late in the game. Needs immediate action!

Comment

• Arsenal 0
                      Olympiacos 1

Now we had two actual CBs available, the half a billion pound Arsenal found it harder. Before Ba got a red for descent - we were chasing the 0-2. Excellent by the team. More co-efficient points. Good night in general. Another excellent European season by Olympiacos.

Comment

• Love the maturity of Xolebas in this interview. He has grown a lot.

https://m.sport24.gr/football/cholem...i.9176392.html

Comment

Love the maturity of Xolebas in this interview. He has grown a lot.

https://m.sport24.gr/football/cholem...i.9176392.html
                          At first I thought you were serious then I saw the title of the article and then realised you were being sarcastic haha.
                          Last edited by Dean97; 03-21-2021, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post

At first I thought you were serious then I saw the title of the article and then realised you were being sarcastic haha.
                            I actually think he was mature. His language is loose but what he says has meaning.

Comment

I actually think he was mature. His language is loose but what he says has meaning.
                              Fair enough. I don’t think it was the right move to sign him in my opinion. Tsimikas should’ve stayed another season on loan at least with us or have Koutris start instead. I don’t know why Koutris was loaned out.

Comment

• Koutris should have stayed but imo the mistake was Oleg. He simply doesn't offer enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X