Team Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Discussion

Hopefully we don’t sign another midfielder and put some serious trust and faith in Androutsos. The guy can become something if given the chance. I believe he should be given the chance just like Fortounis has been given the chance. If it dosen’t work out then drop him and even put him on loan. I’m tired of seeing talented Greek players be pushed away for foreign talents that come and go. Androutsos has a good head on his shoulders and will put in the work. We just have to allow him to be responsible.

Also the new Serbian winger we bought is very fast and gave a great assist to Fortounis when he came on in a friendly. Masouras might not see game time if this new guy keeps on performing.

Im curious as to why we bought Sampianis the GK. I’m thinking he is more of a back up to Sa. I think he might be a Kapino 2.0 whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

With Podence, Valbuena, Masouras, Serb and Bruno as options I wonder if Lazaros will be considered?

Comment

I haven't seen the Serb, but I'll keep an eye out for him.

Androutsos might need to go on loan in order to get proper game time, but because OSFP are thin in that position he might be stuck. Camara, Guilherme, and Bouchalakis will get the bulk of game time.

Masouras has to show more mettle. He doesn't play with enough quality. He has to emulate Giannakopoulos and Salpingidis, force his way into the team out of sheer determination.

It's hard to imagine Lazaros making much of an impression here on out. If Fortounis is sidelined, then maybe he can start, but beyond that his chances of playing are very slim.

Comment

I agree Don.

I believe Giannakopoulos was good technically, more so than Salpingidis and Masouras. I think Masouras is trying and is trying to get in the team with his determination. I think with further improvement he can be very useful for Olympiakos and Greece. He seems hungry. Time will tell but I believe he is working very hard and knows what he has to do.
        Last edited by Dean97; 07-09-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I like the way this team has taken shape. The only addition I'd like to see is Mitroglou, but beyond that the team looks good. Same coach, many of the same players, so as far as the league is concerned they just need to keep the form they showed after the winter break, the form they showed once they had gelled under Martins. For the UCL they have the right players. Sa, Cisse, Semedo and Camara bring enough quality to fortify the back, so they won't get too embarrassed unless it's Manchester City they're playing. The striker el-Arabi I don't think is good enough for that level, but he should be fine in Greece. Mitroglou, if he rediscovers old form, could make more of a difference in the UCL. He has more goals (14) than any other Greek in the UCL, more than Panathinaikos legend Antoniadis (13) amazingly.

Comment

Fortounis out for 6 months after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee vs Hamburg in friendly yesterday!!

Comment

Huge loss all round... club and country... why do Greek players have every bit of bad luck possible, it’s like we can never catch a break, he was hitting career high form and now this

Comment

Not good news at all... I wonder who steps up? I have to be real hear and say that I’m not totally devastated with this news. I hope for the best for Fortounis and it is a shame but hopefully this could mean for the better. Olympiakos and Greece could benefit by playing someone else who is faster in those roles.

Comment

What’s happened to Lazaros?

Comment

He had a serious knee injury and still in recovery. Same issues with Fortounis, but I think Lazaros' injury was worse. Good news is that Cisse will be back. Meriah keeps making costly mistakes and I can't see him lasting any longer at OSFP.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                      Meriah keeps making costly mistakes and I can't see him lasting any longer at OSFP.
                      He has been a disaster, hopefully he is removed from the team.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks El Arabi is average at best ?? I watched him play 3 games now , his first touch is very very poor , and he just looks out of his depth. Please do not talk to me about the lucky goals against Krasnodar either..

Comment

Originally posted by ThrylosG7 View Post
                          Am I the only one who thinks El Arabi is average at best ?? I watched him play 3 games now , his first touch is very very poor , and he just looks out of his depth. Please do not talk to me about the lucky goals against Krasnodar either..
                          I think he is very good for the Greek league. Always looks likely to score. 4 goals in 6 games. Very good for Greece imo. Ones that thought were crap were strikers like Soldano and Cardozo.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

I think he is very good for the Greek league. Always looks likely to score. 4 goals in 6 games. Very good for Greece imo. Ones that thought were crap were strikers like Soldano and Cardozo.
                            yes as a back up to Guerrero maybe - looking through the other topics I cant see why people would want Ninis - hes finished imho. It also seems that Valbuena is going to work out pretty good despite peoples early fears. Podence also looks very sharp. what we are missing is a dominant midfielder who can run all day and break up the opposition Stoltidis, Dudu , Maniatis when he was good..in that style . Cisse needs to play ..I think that kid has a huge future if he wants it..and he seems to be level headed we are set with left backs , Masouras is improving . We still need a clinical finisher a proper No9

Comment

Soudani scored 2 very good goals against Ofi in the 2- win - This guy looks more impressive than El Arabi who looks clumsy imho . Unfortunately Souddani wasnt included in the CL squad. It was actually quite an entertaining match as Ofi tried to take the game to us .

Comment

Working...
                              X