Team Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on what will happen with Koutris and his future?

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
      Any news on what will happen with Koutris and his future?
      Very annoying and uneasy situation. For me the best or second best LB in Hellas - trapped on the bench because of Tsimikas's solid performances. Koutris is actually a bit cuter in attack than Tsimikas but Tsimikas is a work horse. I don't think they will be on the same roster next season.

Comment

Podence said Fortounis needs to work harder - work harder on his mentality. Called him lazy.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omad...a.5702413.html

Comment

Full questionaire:

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
            Podence said Fortounis needs to work harder - work harder on his mentality. Called him lazy.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omad...a.5702413.html
            He is absolutely right. The guy sticked to Olympiakos though one of the not so glorious periods of their history. This guy was made to play in a greater league, for a greater club and lead his country in international competitions (not this fault that this never happened). I admire him for his love for the club and the fans and (possibly) his desire to retire in Piraeus. But, his destiny was to move to a big German/English club at 23 and have a great career, just like Manolas or Socratis. Instead, he stayed in Greece winning just one league title in the last 3 years. This season has straight been awful for him. With Valbuena renewing and proving that he's still got it by leading the league in assists, will Pedro Martins drop him and play Fortounis? Will he try to fit both of them in the XI? Don't think so. Fortounis' prime years (2017-2020) have been ruined by Olympiakos' board messing up and of course, the injury which pretty much had him sit out for the entire 19/20 season. Olympiakos didn't even need him to win the league.

Comment

P.S Interesting how all of the questions are from Greek fans. Moving to Wolves was a step forward, but he will never get the appreciation he used to get in Olympiakos in Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by AEKftw21 View Post
                P.S Interesting how all of the questions are from Greek fans. Moving to Wolves was a step forward, but he will never get the appreciation he used to get in Olympiakos in Greece.
                Money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

Money talks.
                  True.

Comment

I’m on the fence to be honest with Fortounis. I do believe and know that he is a talented player. I do believe he can be more than what he is. He definitely is lazy. But not many can score the way he did against Armenia where he ran through 4 players and the keeper to score. His best season in my opinion and I always believe this is the 2015/16 season. He scored 18 goals the most in his career. His performances in the champions league were phenomenal. Looked full of energy and was on fire after that I don’t know what happened. He is 27 now. I do think he still has something to offer but needs be like the way he was in that season I mentioned.
                    Last edited by Dean97; 04-26-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Needs to spend a month in a Brazilian favela to learn the value of money and the ethos of a fighting spirit. He is too delicate.

Comment

Yeah he needs to toughen up. Pelkas and Mantalos are more grittier and get stuck into tackles more. Fortounis is capable of doing the same. He just has to get his mindset right.

Comment

I don't know if he is capable. It will take a lot of hard work because these are areas where he is very weak. And time is now against him.

Comment

Working...
                          X