Super League Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe Fetfatzidis missed. That would of gave him the confidence and momentum to score again. Great goal by Fortounis. It's time for him to show up against strong or stronger opponents. Lazaros is not the same player as he was last year.

Comment

Samaras (now part of the the new admin at OFI) and his fit partner at the game, we are 1-0 down at half time against the Cretans. Martins needs to make changes at half time.

Comment

FT 1-0 OFI. How was the game Reap?

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
          FT 1-0 OFI. How was the game Reap?
          Hard to admit but OFI were fairly decent. Had 2 key offsides wrongly called against us. Lazaros was exceptionally poor. Toure was also very poor today. Second half Fetfa came on and the game transformed in our favour, but too little too late.

Comment

Interesting that Lazaros is doing so poorly this season... have to admit didn’t see that coming but I know when he is not in form he can be a frustrating player to have on your side

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
              Interesting that Lazaros is doing so poorly this season... have to admit didn’t see that coming but I know when he is not in form he can be a frustrating player to have on your side
              His form is very unstable.

Comment

Only 1-0 against the worst side in the league and the goal came late. Whats the issue reaper? Too much tiki taka and no substance? No striker? New players trying to mesh? Kala the latter is a common issue every season. No surprise that paok who has kept their core is doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                  Only 1-0 against the worst side in the league and the goal came late. Whats the issue reaper? Too much tiki taka and no substance? No striker? New players trying to mesh? Kala the latter is a common issue every season. No surprise that paok who has kept their core is doing well.
                  I think you have touched on the main reason. We can break it down.

1/ Our two main strikers injured.

2/ An over dependence on media favourite Lazaros by Martins. Take today for example. We started a game - at home - with no striker and an out of form Lazaros playing as an 11. We looked very poor until Fetfa came on (who missed another sitter unfortunately..). Once manos was on - we had a natural forward and we scored.

3/ Too much rotation. A different 11 with different CBs and different CMs nearly every game. No time to gel and find a core. The only player Martins refuses to rotate is Podence.

4/ New players not knowing the Greek reality.

I think I have seen enough to know 2/3 CBs have to picked from Nakto, Camara and Giullerme. Bouxa is just garbage. No need to constantly rotate the middle.
                  Secondly - Manos has to start. When we have no striker available - it is ludicrous to leave a natural striker on the bench and play Lazaros as a 11.

Finally - the team has no killers like before. Their is no Dominguez, Mitroglou, etc. Fortounis only plays well every 3rd game.

Another problem is we have a lower budget - PAOK are stronger - there are more variables. Once AEK get their new stadium - PAOK get theirs and maybe even PAO get theirs.. I doubt we will ever see Olympiacos win 7 leagues in a row. Those days are over. As Olympiacos fans.. it is hard to take.

Comment

I agree Manos has to start. You could tell the type of player he was even when he was at OFI. I believe he will score more if he plays regularly. Why hasn’t Fetfa practiced on his finishing yet!?!? The guy does everything well but can’t finish. There were Oly fans saying how we shouldn’t have sold Marin. I would rather Fetfa over Marin but I also would have kept Marin as well. I thought Podence would have scored in this game. I guess he is not the player I hoped he could be. I still believe Podence has yet to show his true potential.

Comment

Olympiakos is lucky the linesman ruled the Apollon player off side when he ran from inside his own half

Comment

Our team for tonight's game against Panaitolikos.
                        3x GK : Choutesiotis, Gianniotis, Sa
                        5x DEF : Omar, Koutris, Miranda, Vukovic, Torosidis
                        10x MID : Cisse, Camara, Bouchalakis, Nacho, Fortounis, Lazaros, Guilherme, Nahuel, Vrousaj, Podence
                        2x ATT : Manos and Guerrero.

Fetfatzidis and Toure are both out (and virtually gone according to rumour) whilst Meria and Hassan are both injured

Comment

A nice win and we should have scored more (which is our problem this year!). The defence is leaky though, we need to get an experienced defender to partner Cisse as I have my doubts about the Tunisian guy and Vukovic. Miranda should be shipped straight back to Wolves IMO

Comment

Agree about Cisse. He is a keeper. The others are mistake prone.

Comment

Comment

Elabdellaoui starts at right wing. Nahuel was subbed at the 30-ish minute mark for Podence.
                                We’re doing ok and knocking on the door but no goals yet. Guerrero is pretty invisible.

Comment

Working...
                                X