Super League Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post

Did you watch the game Reaper? How did Fortounis play?
    He was OK, average. Nothing magical.

Comment

• This has to be the worst Panathinaikos team I have ever seen. On the third goal I don't even think anyone tried to stop the shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
        This has to be the worst Panathinaikos team I have ever seen.
        Not only that, half of them are leaving this summer.

Comment

• OLYMPIACOS 0
          POAK 1

Can see why PAOK insisted on a Greek referee. He disallowed a legitimate Olympiacos goal for offside..

Comment

• It was offside. There is only one PAOK defender behind the ball when Hassan makes contact with it. There needs to be two defenders behind the ball for Hassan's touch to be considered onside. Usually the last defender is the keeper, not an outfield player, which is why it's bit confusing in this case.

Comment

• Playing with massive passion vs AEK. Clearly Marinakis has told the players to punish AEK for their loyalty to the Russian.

Comment

• Osfp 3 (Fortounis, Masouas x2)
                Asteras 0

They matched us first half. Second half we brought on Masouras and Fortounis and blew them away.

Comment

• Fortounis goal was good and so was Masouras 1st goal. Masouras goal looked like
                  the way a striker would finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                    Fortounis goal was good and so was Masouras 1st goal. Masouras goal looked like
                    the way a striker would finish.
                    The good thing about Masouras is that he gets in positions to score. For years on the NT we have seen 100s of games where we dont even have a player who makes it into a position to score. If Masouras continues in this form, he may have many goals this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post

The good thing about Masouras is that he gets in positions to score. For years on the NT we have seen 100s of games where we dont even have a player who makes it into a position to score. If Masouras continues in this form, he may have many goals this season.
                      I agree and that’s true...

Comment

• Good for them, but Fortounis is still too soft. I remember Alefantos said Masouras should play more a central forward. Maybe he should. It did wonders for Fountas who also played on the left before, but now plays as a striker.

Comment

• Want your opinions.

Olympiacos scored the winning goals vs PAS last night in the last minutes. The goal was ruled offside after 3 minutes of VAR consultations. Oly player in red, PAS defender in blue. No one could understand how Hassan was offside. This was the original VAR shot used for the game:

and this was the new doctored one the Ref association released this morning to prove El Arabi was offside:

Today the KED, along with the new doctored photo, said El Arabi's head and shoulder were offside.

Thoughts?

Comment

• It's a very close call. I don't know if it was photoshopped, that's a claim I need to see supported by evidence, but if the picture is real then it was the correct call. The fact it was given as offside isn't that surprising. Elsewhere I have seen similar calls with players being called offside for the smallest infraction. In my opinion there should be a margin of human error allowed because some of these calls are a bit cruel. I think it's better to let goals stand when there's reasonable doubt or the margin of offside is very minimal.

At the very worst this could be another example of the pissing contest between Marinakis and Savvidis that is destroying football in Greece. These owners have to do a better job caring about the product of Greek football as a whole, not only the interests of their respective clubs at expense of the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                              It's a very close call. I don't know if it was photoshopped, that's a claim I need to see supported by evidence, but if the picture is real then it was the correct call. The fact it was given as offside isn't that surprising. Elsewhere I have seen similar calls with players being called offside for the smallest infraction. In my opinion there should be a margin of human error allowed because some of these calls are a bit cruel. I think it's better to let goals stand when there's reasonable doubt or the margin of offside is very minimal.

At the very worst this could be another example of the pissing contest between Marinakis and Savvidis that is destroying football in Greece. These owners have to do a better job caring about the product of Greek football as a whole, not only the interests of their respective clubs at expense of the other.
                              The line should be drawn from the defender's shoulder, not the centre of his head. It was drawn from the centre of his head for a reason.

Both images are edited and released by the Greek ref association. They are not the same however.

Comment

• I now see what you mean, but it still looks marginally offside to me still because Hassan's head is more in front of the defender's head, meaning his shoulder needs to be offside. The way that line is drawn in the photoshop is wrong. The photoshopped line runs to the linesman who is poorly positioned, the angle of the line is wrong. The line used in var is more accurate because it's running at the correct angle, but like you said that line ought to run from the shoulder so it's misplaced. It goes to show that VAR isn't 100% fool proof, but the correct decision was made.

Comment

Working...
                                X