Super League Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    Bad loss to PAOK. This win really boosts their title hopes.

Koutris is too timid and was lucky not to concede a penalty, but lucky for him this referee was never going to award anyone a penalty unless it was a truly stupid challenge. PAOK identified Koutris as a weak link and won the game by taking advantage of him. Once they went 2-0 up, it was game set and match. Martins is as much to blame as Koutris for this failure. He needs to cut the angle better and be bolder in facing down opponents.
    Big fan of Koutris here. I have to agree with you despite this. He let the PAOK winners run him ragged today.

Lazaros was allowed too much influence over OSFP's game. He's not very smart on the ball. He can rifle shots, but even then Vierinha showed him how it's done. He's not as good as he thinks he is. He needs to stop trying to be a superstar and help his team take real command of the game.
    100% on this too. This was a game where Lazaros needed to play for the team. Drop deep at times, move, create angles and bring others into the game the way Leo Jaba did for PAOK. Lazaros was useless. He likes teams he can dribble through like Panionios. Sadly PAOK are far far better and they shut him out the game easily.. Gil Dias looked far better.

Fortounis, I like him, but he's a softy. He shows none of the desire needed to command his teammates to his will, Lazaros being the case in point. There was one positive moment where he lead a counter and played it out wide, then the ensuing cross that came back in was played low. He's not one to slid in for it unless his socks are pulled up to his waist. And he's not strong in the air. Has this guy ever heard of powerlifts? Is he afraid to pick up a cut or bruise on his legs? He needs to leave Greece and go somewhere that'll teach him to toughen up. He should have been itching to throw himself at the ball for an easy goal, but he chickened out and again showed no real desire to take command.
    Again - you speak direct truth. Fortounis is weak physically. If he was Brazilian he would have been made to lift weights to bulk up and shield the ball better. I doubt anyone in Greece has told him to this - and if they have - he has not listened. Ninis had the same problem.

OSFP have poor options up front to challenge for balls in the air. Martins clearly put Hassan in for this reason, but again OSFP has signed another worthless foreigner picked out by a manager who may or may not last until the summer.
    I agree. Today I would have started Hassan as he rattles CBs unlike Guerrero. PAOK out-gunned us. Leo Jaba is miles better than Podence. Akpom better than Guererro etc. Gil Dias is the only player who looked to be direct with some end product.

[/quote]PAOK are trash. Other than Vierinha, there's no one on that team with any real quality. They bungled the ball into the net for the second goal like total amateurs. Not a single one of the others can head or shoot the ball. Lousy touches all around. They only had some decent crosses in them, but against real defenders they would never get the majority of those balls in. If they go into the UCL with this team next season they will be an embarrassment to Greeks everywhere, not just Thessaloniki. The only reason OSFP got on the scoreboard is because Paschalakis might as well be a stick of butter. They better learn their lesson by shipping him out first thing in the summer.[/QUOTE]

PAOK simply have a better attack than us. By European standards they are fodder, but sadly - Leo Jaba and Akrom are far more effective than Guerrero and Lazaros/Podence. Fortounis slows our game - we actually seemed quicker after he was subbed out.

I think next season may be harder for us as AEK will make their new stadium a fortress. Once PAOK get their 40k stadium, we are in trouble. This year PAOK and OSFP have a budget separated only by 1-2 million. We used to have the best stadium in Greece, the best players, the best facilities etc. That won us countless titles. Now we got PAOK matching our budget, a pro PAOK Syriza/EPO, new stadiums being built for our enemies. The landscape is changing.

Today Martins looked lost. We simply could not match PAOK. I think Natcho starting was a massive mistake. We needed brutality out there as we were steam-rolled. Mady and Guilherme should have started for me - with Hassan up top and Dias in Lazaros's spot. We also missed Omar.

Comment

Reaper Its not that PAOK have increased their budget significantly its us that has reduced it significantly. This was always going to happen once Marinakis got a hold of Nottingham forrest . The teams we had under Valverde and Michel Jardim , and Marco Silva would walk away with the title..we have regressed far more than PAOK has improved IMHO. The problems are multifaceted now the title race is close because we are all spending the same money its how it is in Greece - also PAOKs players are far hungrier to win the title considering they have only won it once - they know they will go down in history ...recruitment has been a huge issue imho

Comment

Originally posted by ThrylosG7 View Post
        Reaper Its not that PAOK have increased their budget significantly its us that has reduced it significantly. This was always going to happen once Marinakis got a hold of Nottingham forrest . The teams we had under Valverde and Michel Jardim , and Marco Silva would walk away with the title..we have regressed far more than PAOK has improved IMHO. The problems are multifaceted now the title race is close because we are all spending the same money its how it is in Greece - also PAOKs players are far hungrier to win the title considering they have only won it once - they know they will go down in history ...recruitment has been a huge issue imho
        You are right, but I believe it is almost equidistant - our demise and their rise in respective budgets. Check this out:

Olympiacos Squad value 2015: £82.2 Million https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olym...saison_id/2015

PAOK Squad Value 2015: £41.2 Million https://www.transfermarkt.com/paok-t...saison_id/2015

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olympiacos Squad Value 2019: £57.5 Million

PAOK Squad Value 2019: £63.7 Million

Comment

In real terms its even less spent - let me explain my thinking a 1 million euro player today does not get you as good a player as it did 3 years ago ..I also think the spending on key players is far more important...a clinical striker..a dominant number 8 ..a top keeper .1 top defender ...We could go on all day with this...the bottom line inmho is Marinakis has taken his eye off the ball and it shows..

Comment

Reaper how do i bring up the latest posts in a list by chronological order like on the old forum ..where i used to click ..latest posts ??

Comment

Originally posted by ThrylosG7 View Post
              Reaper how do i bring up the latest posts in a list by chronological order like on the old forum ..where i used to click ..latest posts ??
              Vbulletin has changed the name but the function in the same. The button you need to push is "new topics."

Comment

OLYMPIACOS vs AEK this sunday.

Must win for us.

Comment

We beat AEK 4-1. Super result for us going into the swamps of the Ukraine.

Our best players today were Fortounis, Podence, Torosidis when he came on and Guilherme (gave the assist for the 4th and played beautifully all game).

((Barkas was also great for us. How this guy is an international keeper for Greece is mind-blowing))

Comment

What a bargain Guilerme is. He been very good for us. His energy and speed help us massively. He also has good execution and vision. Good to see Fortounis score 2 goals. About time he contributes in the big games. Podence seems to have improved with us. Always thought there was something there with him.

Comment

Comment

Penalty not given on the 80th minute to Asteras even with VAR, somehow when this situation went to VAR the ref was not shown this angle, but a angle from the stands. Only in Greece. Cant even get a replay right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	c04597f2c47e1d9fb2f8f704292e3fce_674023.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	5870

Comment

Ref got all the angles and it was a clear pen. When he was watching the VAR he had some Olympiacos fans screaming at him up close 'offside!!!'

Comment

The only way VAR will work in greece is if we have foreign refs and foreign video officials that don't know of the likes of marinakis, savvidis and tigris, thus can't fear them.

@ Dikefale11
                            It's incompetence as a result of not caring. A lot of things wrong in this country can be attributed to this attitude. In this case though, they were never giving that penalty against oly at that stage of the game at karaiskaki.
                            Last edited by Val; 08-25-2019, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                              Ref got all the angles and it was a clear pen. When he was watching the VAR he had some Olympiacos fans screaming at him up close 'offside!!!'
                              He didnt get all the angles, at 4.30 u will see the clear angle that he would have given the penalty and at 4.50 u will see what he was shown...

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                                The only way VAR will work in greece is if we have foreign refs and foreign video officials that don't know of the likes of marinakis, savvidis and tigris, thus can't fear them.

@ Dikefale11
                                It's incompetence as a result of not caring. A lot of things wrong in this country can be attributed to this attitude. In this case though, they were never giving that penalty against oly at that stage of the game at karaiskaki.
                                Val years before u may have had a point but u would think with video evidence now the shady calls from all parties would stop or at least reduce 10 fold.

I think it's just poor officials, to busy eating souvlakia:

I agree we definitely need foreign refs, quality is so so bad in Greece, even simple offside calls, they must get their training at some local gym.

Comment

Working...
                                X