Greek CUP 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chatzigiovanis had couple of opportunities at the end to lay it off to team mates for goals and kept going himself, much frustration from team mates

Comment

Game should've been called off. Nothing wrong with kicking around a heavier ball nor playing on wet grass but when you have puddles it means that the pitch is uneven and poorly maintained. The best patches were close to the half way line but in crucial areas in and around the box, it was a mess. You had guys trying to cross a ball partly submerged. Also why are there no fines for poor maintenance?

Comment

2nd straight year Lamia knocks us out of the Cup we lost on penalties

Comment

We did a lot more in contrast to paok to beat lamia who has a side of seasoned veterans that like to sit behind the ball. The chances we missed over the two legs cost us the tie which again highlights the importance of the goal.

When your right back is your second highest scorer, this says a lot.

As i predicted macheda is a 10 goal a season striker and he is half way there. He has missed some good chances in the last few games and overall hasn't started the year well, although to be fair was carrying a knock.

Early in the season, when energy levels were high, we could create a lot more chances and beat sides comfortably masking our lack of efficiency in front of goal. Now that the schedule has caught up to the younger guys, the same run in the legs is not there, thus the chances decrease and when this happiness you need to be a lot more clinical.

I'm expecting the season to continue in this fashion. When we find the energy like we did against xanthi, even if it's only for 30min, we need to translate this into goals.

Our leaky defence though will continue to hurt us.

I would like to see a lot more of emmanuelidis because the kid has an eye for goal. Despite their importance, both Chatzi and bouzoukis don't paint this image. Vergos and kampetsis are seriously lacking in this domain. The latter is talented but just doesn't seem confident in front of goal and gets discouraged easily. Vergos at this point can only score tap ins. He takes up good positions but his finishing and decision making are atrocious.

I think altman can get some goals but i wouldn't prioritise his minutes over emmanuelidis as this year is also about development.

Mounier has long been finished.

We can finish top 4 but i say this mostly because the teams above and below us have come back down to earth, especially atromitos. Aris have had the change of coach which hasn't helped them, though they just signed tonso from asteras who's a fine player.

Comment

Wasn’t Vergos at Real Madrid B’s? Very disappointing

Comment

Working...
            X