PAO SL GAMES DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me who played in preseason that’s not playing now? I’m baffled at how they were so impressive in preseason, to this...

Comment

In terms of the actual players, not much changed to be honest. Other than Christos Donis resembling an actual footballer, Zahid playing through balls to his own players and not the opposition in our box, and even the Poungouras experiment was working.

However whats changed below the surface who knows, its a conspiracy theorists dream start for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kojak View Post
        In terms of the actual players, not much changed to be honest. Other than Christos Donis resembling an actual footballer, Zahid playing through balls to his own players and not the opposition in our box, and even the Poungouras experiment was working.

However whats changed below the surface who knows, its a conspiracy theorists dream start for the team.

Yes, hopefully this will be the end of this horror story. If you can't compete for a championship in the Greek league, that says it all. The fans will not support unless Alafouzo is gone. Who knows what forces are behind this obvious sabotage. Drop the club clear debts, Dimitri comes to the rescue and the fans open their wallets? The fact that the fund raiser has stalled, there could be a link for the poor start. The fact is, last year with the 6 points deducted to start the season, after 3 games PAO had 3 points, compared to 1 this year. Relegation is in the cards for sure.

Comment

Further irony. It was Fetfa who destroyed PAO single handedly yesterday.

Donis wanted to acquire him in the summer. Genius Dabizas said no..

https://www.sport24.gr/paraskinio/24...o.5598205.html

Comment

Seen that... that’s what you call poetic justice

Comment

PAO have too many problems. He made the right decision sticking to Aris.

Comment

I don’t know what to say anymore about this team. Every single signing that we have made has not had a positive effect on the team except for the young striker. The alarming thing is not that we are losing but how we are losing. Zero chances created and one way traffic towards our goal against the likes of OFI and Aris. We could have conceded more than 5 in both matches. Next weeks derby is going to be ugly.

I have to say bravo to the Aris fans that showed up and filled their stadium. We have way more fans than them and even last year when the team was playing well we still didn’t have the support of a club with our stature.

Comment

Just to repeat the obvious;

We have no Leadership (Alafouzos,Dabizas,Donis)
                  We have no Money
                  We have no Stadium
                  We have some talent but surrounded by mediocre/injury prone supposedly experienced players.
                  We have a core group of fans who are imbeciles.

AND more importantly Panathinaikos as a club has lost all its respect and fear from any opposition who play us and that's from Gamma Ethniki right to the GSL.

Just when there was a glimpse of hope in terms of the playing group unity, young talent getting a run and the deadwood contracts being resolved, the "Saboteurs" struck again.

We are a carcass of our former self, after all the vultures have and continue to pick at the remaining flesh till there is nothing left.
                  Last edited by Kojak; 09-17-2019, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I just wish the core PAO fans put as much energy into getting rid of Alafouzos as they did concerning years of organized violence and riots and proclaiming the league is fixed for decades. Just 1% of those energies would remove him and he has damaged you far more than any other club or Government could ever do. If you need to go down and come back up stronger like aris/aek fine - but this guy is your true stake to the heart. Try avoiding Dimitri too..

Remember how many times Alafouzos got the heat off him by leaking to his paid journalists that he is quitting whenever it got unbearable for fans. All this was tactics. He never had any intention of leaving and he has built this panathinaikos in his own image.

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                      Can someone tell me who played in preseason that’s not playing now? I’m baffled at how they were so impressive in preseason, to this...
                      Hatzigiovanis was initially left out of the eleven due to a contract dispute, but he's now back in the eleven. Kourbelis is suspended for this match and the next one to OSFP. He's a big loss.

Comment

The way i see it, from the fans to the players, the staff to the owner, everyone is thinking of themselves.

If the players were running during the friendlies, it's because they were trying to earn a transfer. Now that the window is shut, the motivation is gone.

Donis and Dabizas are earning their 500k. Quite an accomplishment on this current pao. How much of that can go back into the team?

G13 will support who ever gives them free tickets and provides them with a get out of jail free card.

As for the ownership, from Alafouzos to the fake abramobitches before him, they saw the club as an opportunity to boost their own image.

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                          The way i see it, from the fans to the players, the staff to the owner, everyone is thinking of themselves.

If the players were running during the friendlies, it's because they were trying to earn a transfer. Now that the window is shut, the motivation is gone.

Donis and Dabizas are earning their 500k. Quite an accomplishment on this current pao. How much of that can go back into the team?

G13 will support who ever gives them free tickets and provides them with a get out of jail free card.

As for the ownership, from Alafouzos to the fake abramobitches before him, they saw the club as an opportunity to boost their own image.

All true points, however this all stems back to when the SL lost the automatic 2 CL spots. The fact is, only Olympiakos is holding on to whatever little momentum is left from the capital gains/and the selling of players....who knows for how long that will last. The bottom line is....there's very little money coming into the league for investors to get on board to help PAO. At the end of the day, the league still depends on billionaires loving the club to invest for a loss. I don't expect investors, European soccer appearances will eventually become a distant memory for all, maybe Olympiakos can hold on who knows....as for myself I don't care to waste my time....there's lots of good products on TV.
                          Last edited by JVC; 09-17-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

If you look at the numbers, the top 4 fan bases can bring in 25 million....and that is taking into account Europa, averaging 20k fans, and 6 million TV revenues. Even if you throw in the CL 30 million....you're still way behind other European nations....we're taking peanuts over here. In today's world you need at leat 100 million annually to compete in Europe without CL money. Basically we're Middle east when comparing soccer nations....I can't see this changing for decades. PAO is finished, and the killer is, while competing in a very poor 3rd world league. If the government doesn't bail out PAO, We might see them bankrupt needing a new number....there's no way out of this.
                            Last edited by JVC; 09-17-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post
                              If you look at the numbers, the top 4 fan bases can bring in 25 million....and that is taking into account Europa, averaging 20k fans, and 6 million TV revenues. Even if you throw in the CL 30 million....you're still way behind other European nations....we're taking peanuts over here. In today's world you need at leat 100 million annually to compete in Europe without CL money. Basically we're Middle east when compared soccer nations....I can't see this changing for decades. PAO is finished, and the killer is, while competing in a very poor 3rd world league.
                              You are always so negative when the chips are down, what are you a Pisces or something? Hellas is selling more tickets this season than it has since 2009. AEK are about to get a brand new stadium, PAOK too. The garden is changing. PAO is dragging the league down. There is emotion amongst the PAO fans for violence, debate, proclaiming the league is fixed - and this energy can last decades. Just sadly - there is no energy to remove Alafouzos. PAO don't need a billionaire owner to finish top five. Look at Panionios, Xanthi, Aris and Atromitos. Also Olympiacos beat Milan last season on a 60 million budget and got to the knock out stages.

Be positive man. Do your bit to get rid of Alafouzos. We already know Hellas is almost a middle eastern nation. PAO fans needs to find some pride and pull off the plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                                I just wish the core PAO fans put as much energy into getting rid of Alafouzos as they did concerning years of organized violence and riots and proclaiming the league is fixed for decades. Just 1% of those energies would remove him and he has damaged you far more than any other club or Government could ever do. If you need to go down and come back up stronger like aris/aek fine - but this guy is your true stake to the heart. Try avoiding Dimitri too..

Remember how many times Alafouzos got the heat off him by leaking to his paid journalists that he is quitting whenever it got unbearable for fans. All this was tactics. He never had any intention of leaving and he has built this panathinaikos in his own image.
                                How are you going to get rid of someone you own money to? It's usually the other way around. He's holding onto at leat 25 million in debts plus using the training center as a bond...and who knows what else. The team should have relegated like AEK, screwed over the poor tax payer and have the state hand them everything. That's Greece in a nutshell....

Comment

Working...
                                X