• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened with OFI?

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
      What happened with OFI?
      I think the team maximized with the tiny budget they have....many predicted being relegated. They paid down the debts from 45 million to 20, would have probably finished top 5 without the 9 points deducted. PAO has the license for next season, and Alafouzo has planned to pay off the remaining debts by 2020. One step at a time, hopefully they keep moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
        What happened with OFI?
        Alafouzos pao now fixes games.

I get some of the guys used like pantelakis wouldn't cut it at veria let alone pao but we also had the likes of kolovetsios and oikonomou playing and those guys were casually running and not really defending.

Watching those highlights further convinces me that the riots at oaka were organised from alafouzos. The team exceeded his expectations, they were worthy of the 5th place. Knowing this, he would have to invest more and this is not part of his plan.

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post

I think the team maximized with the tiny budget they have....many predicted being relegated. They paid down the debts from 45 million to 20, would have probably finished top 5 without the 9 points deducted. PAO has the license for next season, and Alafouzo has planned to pay off the remaining debts by 2020. One step at a time, hopefully they keep moving forward.
          Where you pulling these numbers? More significantly, Why would alafouzo pay off debts created by others? My guess is that he pays off whatever he created, try to recoup whatever he can and then look to handball the team to the next schmuck. It doesn't change anything because the initial debt that has crippled the team is still there, obviously not as much as it once was but enough to ward off investors. Offcourse when marinakis took over oly, he assumed responsibility of the team's debt. It could be that there are rich pao people willing to do exactly this but unlike oly, pao is simply not for sale. In other words the family never left and pao is only available on a leasing term.
          Last edited by Val; 04-16-2019, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post

Where you pulling these numbers? More significantly, Why would alafouzo pay off debts created by others? My guess is that he pays off whatever he created, try to recoup whatever he can and then look to handball the team to the next schmuck. It doesn't change anything because the initial debt that has crippled the team is still there, obviously not as much as it once was but enough to ward off investors. Offcourse when marinakis took over oly, he assumed responsibility of the team's debt. It could be that there are rich pao people willing to do exactly this but unlike oly, pao is simply not for sale. In other words the family never left and pao is only available on a leasing term.
            I think Val you're over thinking this....the family is long gone. The numbers are correct, 20 million was needed in total this year. Most of the players debts are settled, and a few million in taxes....20 Million is the correct number, and debts the team owes. You mentioned why would Alafouzo pay someone else's debts....very simple, when the team is debt free next season, he will ask for 25 million dollars, and 50 percent of the shares to who ever is interested. He is not le
            leaving unfortunately. Mark my words, he will make money on PAO, And is probably thinking of a new stadium opportunity also.

https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/super...on-15-ekat-apo
            Last edited by JVC; 04-16-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Does that weirdo Giannakopoulos control the amateur now?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                Does that weirdo Giannakopoulos control the amateur now?
                I don't know if he's a weirdo....but he's kicking Olympiakos bc in the ass. The way it's going Olympiakos will fighting just to get in the European league....AEK might top them for years to come. Basically he's running a very professional basketball club, world class to add. Now to answer your question, he's running the amateur. That being said, he's a swine and exactly what you need in Greece. However Alafouzo is a scavenger so Dimitri has met his challenge....in the end Alafouzo will hold all the cards when it comes to selling PAO. Dimitri thought he would be able to muscle out Alafouzo and get PAO For free....not only that, he actually believed he could force Alafouzo to pay 30 million in debts and hand over the team. Of course Dimitri put the sweez on with his government thugs, but in the end Alafouzo comes on top. Now what's happening going forward....if Dimitri wants Athens alive, Alafouzo will not sell unless he gets 25 million and control 50 percent. Now if Dimitri plays hard ball, Alafouzo will lean towards Votanikos.

Comment

I think Val you're over thinking this....the family is long gone. The numbers are correct, 20 million was needed in total this year. Most of the players debts are settled, and a few million in taxes....20 Million is the correct number, and debts the team owes. You mentioned why would Alafouzo pay someone else's debts....very simple, when the team is debt free next season, he will ask for 25 million dollars, and 50 percent of the shares to who ever is interested. He is not le
                  leaving unfortunately. Mark my words, he will make money on PAO, And is probably thinking of a new stadium opportunity also.

https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/super...on-15-ekat-apo
                  Articles of this nature should be taken with grain of salt, especially coming from sdna. One thing we know about Alafouzo is that he buys time and has his own journos, they all do.

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post

Articles of this nature should be taken with grain of salt, especially coming from sdna. One thing we know about Alafouzo is that he buys time and has his own journos, they all do.
                    https://www.leoforos.gr/panathinaiko...-kleinei-i-amk

It has been confirmed by everyone val....they needed 6 million for the license, and that was covered. Alafouzo has dropped over 20 million into the club. The net debts are 20 million and remember PAO was pushing over 40 million to start the season. At the end of the day, Alafouzo has bought and paid for PAO....it will cost 50 million to buy the club, and he will still have shares.

Comment

I don't know if he's a weirdo....but he's kicking Olympiakos bc in the ass.
                      Well his father set up the PAO BC model and he continued it. The only thing I know of that Giannakopoulos did by himself was Sparti FC and they ran him out of town.. He now spies a massive lucrative property deal at the oaka (within shouting distance of Aek's new stadium) and took over the PAO amateur to make sure Votanikos - which has full permissions - is blocked at all costs.

As for Alafouzos.. he will continue to threaten to leave at least once per year as he has been doing for years. PAO is not for sale while he is there whatever he says. I expect a fair few players to be sold this summer.

Comment

^^Let's see what happens when the new Mayor comes to town. Alafouzos has been pushing for Votanikos, but nothing materializes because of the large debts the club is holding. Now that he basically brought the debts down by over half, has settled with all past players, his next steps are tax debts. That being said, those will be settled this year which includes tax debts relief funds from the government. Getting back to the Mayors running both the favorites want Votanikos. And if they go ahead there's nothing Dimitri can do to stop them....by law they can demolish Leofors anytime, if they have a new stadium ready for PAO. That stadium will be Votanikos, not Athens alive.

Too add, Alafouzo from what I understand and calculated will only sell if there's 60 million dollars on the table. Dimitri is a bit strange you're correct on that....he thought after pressing, Alafouzo would drop 35 million and vanish, that's very stupid if you think about it. Alafouzo wanted 25 million last year from the Asian for 50 percent of the shares....now that he dropped 25 million himself he's never selling for under 60 million. Half the shares would probably cost 30 million. Dimitri in my opinion is out of the running.
                        Last edited by JVC; 04-20-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by GINO View Post
                            Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.
                            What ?

Comment

4-0 loss to Aris. You know things are bad when Fetfatzidis scores with a header and one of your midfielders provides the assist. This club has Super League 2 written all over it.

Comment

4-0 Aris - the biggest defeat in PAO's history vs Aris. The goal Fetfa scored encapsulated the self sabotage of Panathinaikos this summer. The midfielder who gave away the ball with an insane ball across his own box - was a 25 year old Pakistani (Zahid) brought in the summer to '''help''' the PAO youngsters who impressed everyone last year. The team did not need this addition and this addition undid the team. Alafouzos and soon perhaps Dimitri - have no idea how to run a football club. Relegation a real threat. I suspect a new manager will be brought in soon as they are always the first blamed for a poorly constructed club.

Comment

Working...
                                X