PAO SL GAMES DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    It's pretty amazing how PAO turned things around. I had them down for relegation, similar to what had happened to AEK. At the beginning of the season, the squad looked unbalanced and the limited budget meant there was little prospect of making the sort of changes needed in the winter. Now PAO has been playing well enough to hold OSFP to a draw and beat PAOK. Donis has done a fantastic job getting the most out of this team.

Now there's a chance for a return to Europe. I think it's possible PAO could get the ban overturn in it's final year, which make a difference for the club financially.
    It's going to be tough to overturn the penalty. As it stands PAO has decreased their debts to 17 million over 2 years down from 40 million. However they're required to reduce further around the 14 million mark by the end of the season. The 4 or 5 million needed must come from team revenues. To simplify explain Alafouzo can't dump 10 million from his pockets without showing a required percentage from team revenues. At the end of the day Alafouzo is planning to reduce the debt further around the 14 million mark. That said it's up to UEFA. If they overlook and show leniency then there's a chance the ban is lifted.
    Last edited by JVC; 02-08-2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• The season ended on the upside. Playoffs next, hopefully the team continues to build off the second half of the season success.

Comment

• If anything at least, giving a run to some of the younger players to aid there transition in the squad.

Also I was very impressed by goalkeeper Xenopoulos against Volos especially with the ball at his feet. Has a lot to learn but appeared more at ease than Dioudis with every pass back and distribution.

I hope he gets more of a run in the playoffs. Dioudis certainly needs the competition.

Comment

• You are very few points behind AEK and have a squad a 3rd of the price and play in the same stadium.

Comment

• 1-1 today against AEK in the playoffs opener....PAO looked good just coming back after a long layoff. The first half belonged to PAO and really should have been up by 2 early in the second if wasn't for poor officiating, that was a clear goal taken away. PAO looked frustrated later in the game because the badly officiated game kept on favoring AEK thought the match. Today proves once again Greek reffs can't be trusted....need foreign reffs back! AEK looked flat today and not well prepared....this reff today was a joke of all jokes what a piece of shit!
            Last edited by JVC; 06-07-2020, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• I think PAO was the better team today.

Comment

• PAO was definitely better although don't think the reff was that bad. The disallowed goal was soft but I could also argue that was a foul on Livaja.

Comment

• Both managers got there tactics wrong from the get go to really take control of the game. Fair enough they adjusted during the match but they were way off with their starting plans.

Comment

• Poor game by PAO, they were much worse today than last week, Dioudis saved them from certain defeat today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                      Poor game by PAO, they were much worse today than last week, Dioudis saved them from certain defeat today.
                      True, however PAO has nothing to play for....we don't have the European ticket this year. Team is playing for pride but will be tough motivating for all the games.

Comment

• Fell 3 nil to Olympiakos today....its time to get rid of Donis and his child. Team made huge steps over 2 seasons under Donis with a limited budget. However as things are seemingly turning around financially with the budget on the rise, and looking like Votanikos is proceeding in the right direction....its time for a coach that can handle the pressure of a big club, with high expectations. Donis is best suited for a mid pack team on a low budget.

Comment

• Just looking at this season and where we currently sit on the table (5th) i cant quite work out if we are overperforming by being only 5 points from 2nd, and 3 points from 3rd?

Or are AEK & PAOK severely underperforming?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kojak;n14188]Just looking at this season and where we currently sit on the table (5th) i cant quite work out if we are overperforming by being only 5 points from 2nd, and 3 points from 3rd?

Or are AEK & PAOK severely underperforming?[/QUOT

Tough question....that said, I believe both PAOK and AEK have slipped in quality, and PAO has closed the gab. PAO has definitely gotten better, by how much, time will tell. We will see in a couple of weeks in the Derby with OLY....that will give us a true measurement where we stand in the top 5.

Comment

• PAO now have a decent manager, nothing more, nothing less and are flying with a fairly decent squad. AEK have a great manager but a very weak squad and weak defence. PAOK have a crappy manager.

PAO have won their last 5 games. I also believe this year their European ban ends? New stadium on the way. Good time to be a PAO fan.

Comment

• Talk about putting a curse on them today Reaper

Comment

Working...
                                X