Votanikos Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kojak View Post
    The only logical reason alafouz is still holding onto his shares.... stadium could actually happen.
    Would make sense. I don't think he was offered 50 million what he's asking for. That said if the stadium goes through, he will probably get that 50 million offer fast.

Comment

https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/77945...operatosi-2023

fingers crossed boys. This should have happened roughly 20 years ago. IMO one of the biggest steps towards advancing the club forward. As much as we all love Leoforos we outgrew it decades ago. Most Europa league clubs have WAY better. PAO has been stagnate/regressive for the last decade, where we should have been playing in Votanikos. No footballing prospect on earth dreams of representing a club that plays in a hen house.

Greek football is finally entering the 20th century with these stadiums. I see a dramatic improvement in the Greek game happening this decade.
      Last edited by Ethnikos; 11-15-2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

They are saying between 33k and 40k seats. I hope for 40k so it can be used in a Europa final, future Euro tournaments and will take into account the growth of PAO and Athens.

Comment

• Soprano76
          Soprano76 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately most of that growth looks to be due to the lathroi and not actual Ellines...

The stadium will also be the official home of the Greek NT:

https://www.kathimerini.gr/economy/l...lis-anaplasis/

Comment

Another official home after Crete and now Agia Sofia (AEK’s new stadium)

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
            Another official home after Crete and now Agia Sofia (AEK’s new stadium)
            Now the NT just needs fans..

Comment

I'm still not convinced that the new stadiums will make a big difference in the Greek league, or the National team. The league is lagging far behind others....just mid pack leagues are bringing in huge TV deals. IMO and I stick by it, and being saying this for almost a decade....the Greek league and national team will keep falling behind until they move to 11 teams format, and play each other 4 times. Remember the Greek league will improve with the new stadiums, however they will continue to lose the gap with the other leagues.

Comment

Example, the Belgium league brings in 130 million a year in TV revenues....in a 11 team league guaranteeing around 13 million for each club....in comparison the top 4 in Greece fight to get 6 million, and the rest 1.5 million.

Now the Nederlands is bringing in 450 million a season, and wants to merge with Belgium...18 team league 8 from Belgium and 10 the Dutch....that's 30 million per team.

The question I have is....what's Greece doing other than building stadiums?

What I see is going to probably look like Bulgarian soccer very soon. I don't want to sound negative, but that's the reality.

Comment

I don't think we will see a Bulgar type league. I think Greece is aiming for a type of Portugal. With new stadia for PAOK, PAO and AEK I think Greece can surpass them. Seeing as Cyprus will never be reunified and Erdogan is openly calling for a two state solution, I would invite APOEL and Apollo Limassol to the Super League. They have tonnes of fans and money and are currently better organized than PAO/Aris/AEL etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                    I don't think we will see a Bulgar type league. I think Greece is aiming for a type of Portugal. With new stadia for PAOK, PAO and AEK I think Greece can surpass them. Seeing as Cyprus will never be reunified and Erdogan is openly calling for a two state solution, I would invite APOEL and Apollo Limassol to the Super League. They have tonnes of fans and money and are currently better organized than PAO/Aris/AEL etc.
                    I agree, that would help big time. We need more innovation....I would definitely take their top 3, it would take us to the next level.

Comment

These stadium will take Greece to the next level. In the next few years Greece will have so many nice stadiums the league will fly. Way more appealing to classy players, better league infrastructure.

I watched a live broadcast of journalists talking about Votanikos. One said (in Greek, of course) "Panathinaikos either builds a stadium with any condition and raises the level or does not build and remains in the line of its competitors".

Imagine this.

Agia Sofia
                      Karaiskakis
                      Votanikos
                      New Kleanthis Vikelidis
                      New Toumba
                      AEL Arena
                      OAKA
                      Kaftanzoglio
                      Pankritio
                      New Volos Stadium (https://youtu.be/SUJXlXYaRNQ)
                      Panthessaliko
                      New Rodos Stadium
                      Pampeloponnisiako

I could sprinkle some more decent ones too. That looks very promising. We could even see a new PAS Giannina stadium soon, which was originally proposed back in 2009-10. Check that out, it looks incredible (https://asarchitects.gr/projects-ite...iannina-f-c-2/).
                      Last edited by Ethnikos; 11-17-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethnikos View Post
                        These stadium will take Greece to the next level. In the next few years Greece will have so many nice stadiums the league will fly. Way more appealing to classy players, better league infrastructure.

I watched a live broadcast of journalists talking about Votanikos. One said (in Greek, of course) "Panathinaikos either builds a stadium with any condition and raises the level or does not build and remains in the line of its competitors".

Imagine this.

Agia Sofia
                        Karaiskakis
                        Votanikos
                        New Kleanthis Vikelidis
                        New Toumba
                        AEL Arena

OAKA
                        Kaftanzoglio
                        Pankritio
                        New Volos Stadium (https://youtu.be/SUJXlXYaRNQ)
                        Panthessaliko
                        New Rodos Stadium
                        Pampeloponnisiako

I could sprinkle some more decent ones too. That looks very promising. We could even see a new PAS Giannina stadium soon, which was originally proposed back in 2009-10. Check that out, it looks incredible (https://asarchitects.gr/projects-ite...iannina-f-c-2/).
                        Superb post and agree.

The top six alone would make Hellas the football capital of the Balkans and the league would hoover up all the local talent.

Some points. Karapidis dragging his feet on the Aris stadium is damaging. The rebuilding of this stadium is very important.

We are still yet to see nea Toumba renders and the architect recently commented that the stadium will be 30k -35k which is disappointing considering the Toumba plot is bigger than the new Besiktas stadium plot (40k).

PAO new stadium added to the Agia Sofia stadium will be a hammer blow. Greek football will raise 2 to 3 levels on completion of these venues. So many players and coaches refused to work in Greece because of the poor infrastructure. This will no longer be the case.

I think the future for Greek football is exceptionally bright.

Comment

A lot of great points here and you guys talking like this makes me feel optimistic for the future of Greek football.

Stadiums will come a long way for Greece. But this will take 10-15 years for Greece to be a suitable level in my opinion. PAOK and Panathinaikos have yet to start constructing there new stadiums and all we’ve only seen the plans. They need to start actually building and stop wasting time in my opinion. I know there are certain complications. With AEKs new stadium it will lift Greece only a touch. AEK and Olympiakos are the only 2 team that will have proper stadiums.

I do agree with JVC that the league should be a 12 team league. We also need in my opinion to have our more historical teams to get back up on there feet especially financially. Teams like AEL, OFI, PAO, Aris and Iraklis. I know Iraklis is way down the dumps but they have history.

Also teams like Asteras, Volos, PAS and Atromitos need wealthy business people to help them out financially aswell. This would be great if it happens. Also I don’t mind combining and getting teams from Cyprus. That would also help. But by the time these things happen it should take like I said 10-15 years.

But can we do now? What can we do to help Greek football now? I’ve said many times that Greece need to start cutting down on signing foreigners and start trusting the youth more. Like Pablo Garcia said there’s no reason why young Greeks from ages 16 -19 can’t play for the senior teams. Especially if they have talent. He’s also said in South America they always give young players chances and Greece should do the same. Pedro Martins has stated that Greece have a lot of talented youngsters in the academies and has said that people need to open there eyes and understand what they’ve got.

Our league has to be more competitive. It can’t just be Olympiakos and PAOK. AEK now are making progress with there stadium. Panathinaikos has to be on the same level as Olympiakos also. Panathinaikos had a good run of games 2 seasons ago and it was largely due to there youth players proving themselves.

Comment

The progress imo cannot be sped up too much. The improvements to stadia infrastructure for me are the big ones. I think an official Olympiacos, PAO, PAOK, AEK ”B” team would help give youth more opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post

But can we do now? What can we do to help Greek football now? I’ve said many times that Greece need to start cutting down on signing foreigners and start trusting the youth more. Like Pablo Garcia said there’s no reason why young Greeks from ages 16 -19 can’t play for the senior teams. Especially if they have talent. He’s also said in South America they always give young players chances and Greece should do the same. Pedro Martins has stated that Greece have a lot of talented youngsters in the academies and has said that people need to open there eyes and understand what they’ve got.
                              I agree, we need to gradually limit the foreigner quota in each squad - having squads with over 60% foreigners is detrimental to the league and national team. Let alone looking into the quality of the foreigners that end up in our league which is questionable to say the least.

In terms of Pedro Martins and any coach for that matter, its easy for them to say that, but we need to see them making the bold choices instead of spitting out starting lineups with at max 3 starting greek players like i see in their european lineups. But they never will because anything less than a win, inexperience/ playing youth is never accepted as a reason by the meathead fans, and media if they drop points. Unless all the teams across the board are forced to limit the foreigners registered it will never change.

Our problems are much deeper than new stadiums resolving things, but i agree it certainly will be a step to the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X