Summer Transfers 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Chatz hasn't signed a new deal which is why donis didn't play him against lamia. We're looking to shop him for as low as 1m so we don't lose him for free. Really depressing stuff. Better off selling him for half with a 20-25% profit from next sale clause to a club that is reputable enough in the market and can demand high fees.

Comment

Chatzi isn’t worth more than 3m. No club are going to buy him for 5 or 6m. And if they do you’d be cheering. Pana is better off selling him for 500k as you said and a resale of 20% of the next sale. He played decently in the first half of last season. He has to consistently be scoring or assisting for him to be worth 5m or more. I even thought when Olympiakos sold Retsos for 18m was an overpriced sale. Lazaros Lamprou is more talented than Chatzi in my opinion - a former PAO youth player. Unfortunately the league is of low quality and I’m talking about teams outside the big 5. The majority of the stadiums are not up to standards aswell. Youth development isn’t as strong as the Portuguese or Italian for example. Lots of foreigners on the big 5 teams too. Also the other teams like OFI, Asteras and Xanthi need strong financial backers to boost the teams and league. These things need to be thought of and changed. It’s easier said than done.

Comment

Pao needs to be playing in europe, specifically UCL for player valuation to go up. This is how oly could sell retsos for 18m and that poser samaris for 10m. The other thing is playing hardball. They got 3.5m for nikolaou of all people. 12m for Ideye lol , 7m for pulido etc Safe to say marinakis has built up quite a reputation. Playing UCL though seems a pipe dream for pao (how times have changed), which is why they should just look to the likes of benfica to generate the profits they can't.

Comment

Everything needs to be looked at in context, and Oly's player valuations/sales is consistent with the inflation of transfer values across europe combined with Oly' reputation remaining intact as the Greek "powerhouse".

PAO's reputation on the other hand is shot in europe, they all know of our financial struggles and survival/rebuild/club for sale phase. No one will pay overs for any of our players regardless if they have a higher potential to Retsos and co.

In terms of our team and transfers this year,the most disappointing element isn't our young players development in chatzi/bouz/mavro etc., but rather that the whole " we will only sign players that improve on what we already have" model being a sham. None of the current transfers are real improvements, just foreign squad fillers and justification for paying Dabizas. I'd rather if we do want to look at the overseas market in our current situation sign some (not many) players like Konan/Perea as players with potential and risks due to inexperience and not 28 yr olds with experience but a now low ceiling.

Its easier as a fan to accept errors/losses from youth that have enthusiasm/hunger, than errors/losses trying to revive former careers. Prime example the loaning out of emmanouilidis - in the last decade i cant even name the last player we loaned out that ever developed and cemented a spot back in the team. He should still be in our squad playing, and players like mollo reviving their careers elsewhere.

Comment

^^Welcome

It seems that we need a transfer embargo every season to keep us in line. With younger recruits at least you're more likely to offload them and their contracts.

Comment

Does anyone know what’s going on with Vagiannidis? Apparently Inter and Monaco want to sign him. Can someone tell me why he hasn’t played much for the 1st team? I find it hard to believe with someone who is talented hasn’t been given proper opportunities...

Comment

Apparently he has already agreed in principle with Inter.

I only suspect that the reason he hasn't played much is he has been behind the pecking order of Johansson and apostolakis.

1. Johansson is only 1 of few experienced players in the side - and was a walk up starter due to this.
                2. Nepotism - Apostolakis should never have been johanssons understudy, but Donis has known him since he was in nappies and its human nature for him to have protected his mates son, and get him a decent contract elsewhere (APOEL)

Quite simply Apostolakis was given the opportunities that should have been afforded to Vagiannidis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kojak View Post
                  Apparently he has already agreed in principle with Inter.

I only suspect that the reason he hasn't played much is he has been behind the pecking order of Johansson and apostolakis.

1. Johansson is only 1 of few experienced players in the side - and was a walk up starter due to this.
                  2. Nepotism - Apostolakis should never have been johanssons understudy, but Donis has known him since he was in nappies and its human nature for him to have protected his mates son, and get him a decent contract elsewhere (APOEL)

Quite simply Apostolakis was given the opportunities that should have been afforded to Vagiannidis.
                  Thanks for the reply and it makes sense what your saying. Will Vagiannidis be in the 1st team at Inter? I read that he was...

Comment

Makes sense to me. But how is it that Inter and Monaco are interested in his signature so soon? Is it just a matter of getting him now before he makes the kind of noise Tsimikas has made so quickly? Or is this just smoke being blown in the air to secure a better deal with PAO?

Comment

There are reports Man City are also in the mix but whether its inter or man city its just a snatch, grab and stockpile talent transfer.

He will ultimately be farmed out on loan once he is signed, inter and Man city are notorious for this. He will not be in or around their 1st team squad.

Comment

I thought only Olympiacos did that to Greek players.​​​​​​​

Comment

As expected inter has loaned out Vagiannidis to Sint-Truinden for the season who finished 5th from the bottom in the Belgian First Division this year.

So much for thinking he was going to get a crack at remaining in Inters first team squad. The advice some of these kids get is shocking.

Comment

Working...
                          X