General pao talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General pao talk

The season has started off with a bang....winning the first 2 matches and erasing the negative 6.
    Last edited by JVC; 09-02-2018, 01:31 PM. Reason: GENERAL PAO TALK FOR THE 2018/19 SEASON.

Still early but erasing the -6 was huge. Donis has the boys believing and you can see the emotion from the youngsters bleeding Green. Key is how they handle the Grinia when the losses start getting a #9 asap is a must.

Comment

Yes they will drop some matches, hopefully we're all patient and keep supporting the team.

Comment

Not to brag but i was the first motherfucker to even mention Manos' name if anyone remembers. Got another player for you guys to watch out for, Giannis Iatroudis. 19 year old left-footed attacking midfielder plays for Ergotelis - a team i see getting promoted. Apparently AEK are interested in Iadtroudis. See how that goes, if the story about Cuypers is true there's bad blood between the two clubs. Araujo's name is being thrown around between AEK and Olympiakos now that Aris coach doesn't have major plans for him (neither did Jimenez, surprisingly). AEK supposedly want him on loan, again. Just buy the fucking guy. Apparently Olympiakos offered 5 million, his buy-out is 60 (apparently) - for scoring 10 goals in the Super League last year, and currently 2 in Segunda Division... what are those gringos smoking.

AEK are apparently also looking at Panaitolikos attacking midfielder Franco Mazurek. Nice little player.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBt57bWT7w0

In PAO news, there's 20 year old Greek-Australian Panos Armenakas. He's participated in the last 2 training sessions in Koropi and has left a very positive impression. We will likely be signing him from Udinese in January, as Donis is very impressed. It will be interesting to see if he switches to Greek nationality when we sign him, given our restrictions. He did play for the Greece U17 before switching to Australia.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PFiaW8z6yM
        ^video is a bit old but shows some good stuff. Guy looks like a 5 star skiller.

Also, looks like Moledo is headed for Dortmund in January. Big move if it actually happens.

Olympiakos interested in Durmishaj form Panionios.
        Last edited by Ethnikos; 11-21-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Ethnikos Great update!

Comment

Thanks buddy^

https://www.sdna.gr/node/537583

Article that just came out about this Armenakas guy.

Comment

Honestly I hope he goes to PAO. Just to see how he goes and maybe get a Greek passport. I liked what I saw from him in the highlights. I knew about him just before he moved to Udinese.

Comment

What happened with the weirdo Thai?

Comment

Comment

PAO have come to agreement with new coach - Ivan Jovanovic! He used to play for Iraklis, coached APOEL to their great UCL run also

Comment

I don't mind the appointment of Jovanovic, as long as he his afforded the time to sort through the rabble, and build his side.

The problem is the fans have no more patience left and rightly so, considering we rebuild every year (even twice in the season), with a new plan, new coach, new director of football. Coming 5th in my eyes was a miracle - we overperformed.

The positive i see if the media reports are correct, he will be given total autonomy and wont have to rely on the market the Director of football taps into, Xavi Roca brought his spaniards, dreossi brought is frenchies.

All we need is the right players regardless of nationality/league they come from as long as they suit whatever game plan/tactics jovanovic prefers.

I'm optimistic in seeing a more consistent performance from the team under jovanovic, but i'm also grounded in not expecting a title run.

Comment

To be honest, as far as I am concerned, until PAO have a new stadium, you guys are simply treading water. Any news on the stadium?

Comment

Still no start date, but here is a video.

Comment

What exactly is the hold up? It was all full steam ahead, then a wall of silence?

Comment

A wall of silence. Maybe another 20 year delay. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X