FRIENDLY MATCHES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.novasports.gr/web-tv/on-d...naikos-0-3-hl/

It was nice to see the familiar face of Jaap Stam in the dug out for Feyenoord. The first goal was well executed. It looked like something PAO practiced on the training ground. The other two came on the counter. Quite a few of the PAO are on the smaller side but like JVC says it seems they have a bit of physical strength about them, certainly more than Feyenoord had to offer. This PAO side looks like an English side: direct, fit, and physical. It looks like Feyenoord had chances of their own and were a bit unlucky not have scored at least two goals. That dekari for them created problems for PAO, but more than anything PAO looked clumsy at the back. Judging by what little I could glean, the players at the back need more experience. They don't look comfortable to me or perhaps simply they lack quality, but they seem well drilled and organized at least. Defenders were where they needed to be even if they didn't perform as assured as needed.

Comment

They did well but looks like Feyenoord dominated for the most part? Just seen highlights - well taken goals either way

Comment

Well, keeping the same core has its advantages. Let's just try accumulate as much points as possible before we run out of gas again. Bold prediction? Not really. We saw it last season and we have a lot of kids trying to become accustomed to the schedule. It's here you need experience and some quality. Not trying to make mounier a scapegoat but he didn't give us anything. Hopefully dabizas can muster up some majic. I don't know what positions we are looking to reinforce but hopefully we can at least stay strong at fullback; having them overlap and link up with a wide attackers proved effective last season. The defense though was worrying both on and off the ball. Our defenders are limited and gave the ball away when the opposition pressed high. When we sat, we also had issues. Hopefully we see an improvement this season.

Comment

Beerschot VA (Bel....lost 2-1 in today's friendly.

Comment

We started the B squad rested the starters for Ajax

Comment

Match against Ajax today....going to be a big test and measuring point to see where we stand.

Comment

PAO up 2 nil....Big Mack with both goals.

Comment

PAO 2 - Ajax 1....good way to start.

Comment

Fucking hell PAO doing well in these friendlies.

Comment

^^We've taken our scoring chances and have been reasonably organised defending as a unit which is basically the best you can hope for against this type of quality.

Ajax are a great pressing side and against inferior opposition they have extra incentive because they know they can easily win back the ball. We don't have their quality on the ball and most of our guys have grown up learning to clear the ball to relieve pressure. On the contrary, their coaches don't allow them to clear; even if being pressed in dangerous areas. Off-course this has been their training since kids and they wouldn't be in the team if they couldn't play their way out of pressure.

I felt our starters showed that they can hold their own defensively. We have a few that can retain the ball but also act as attacking outlets. We're lucky to have macheda; someone that can play with his back to goal, has the strength and technique to hold the ball and help us gain ground.

The problems really started in the 2nd, once fatigue kicked in and we made changes. We're lacking depth and it showed especially against a side like ajax who have an influx of good players. Gravenberch, dest and martinez all caught my eye. We got schooled though it didn't translate on the scoreline so i guess that's something.
                      Last edited by Val; 07-23-2019, 04:45 AM.

Comment

1 nil over Venlo today. The win comes costly as Bouzouki was taken out, with a dirty tackle. Early reports say, minor sprain 15 to 20 days out.

Comment

What a goal... pure class Kapetsis & Chatzigiovanis

Comment

Zahid will help our ball retention and chance creation. Kolovos seems engaged. I'd say we need a good poacher ala figueroa (13/14 season) that can complement macheda. The italian does everything well, except convert at a high rate. We desperately need a destroyer in the mid and some quality at CB.

Comment

Galatasaray 2 PAO 1. Not much to go on here....didn't see the game.

Comment

My bro in law saw it and said the a absentee Kourbelis was felt, but otherwise PAO did ok

Comment

Working...
                                X