This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
    Is the current PAO Live project the one to demolish OAKA or to build at Votanikos?
    Seems neither.

Dimitri wants 20 million (or in his words far more..) simply to keep 'PAO alive' hence the name..

Somewhere in that mess.. and getting more ambiguous by the day... is a plan to build a 40k PAO stadium at Votanikos along with a 15K basketball arena on the adjacent site. He admitted his hair brained plan of Athens Alive is finished. In true Greek fashion he blamed 'hidden forces' for ruining his plan. He said, Votanikos is now the project he will support but deep down he thinks it is a 'second best' option..

Currently the fans have donated around 380k euros:

https://paoalive.gr/donation

Comment

• https://paoalive.gr/supporters?page=1

there's almost 9,000 investments on that website, the highest being 3,000 euros

sdna said we have like 2.4 mfans living in greece

Comment

• I think you guys need well over 1 million per month to meet this target Dimitri set.

The problem is his last interview. When asked about what the money was ear marked for - instead of saying stadium deposit, land buying, seed money for stadium project - he said - survival. Now Greeks are not stupid. They know PAO will survive as it is now. PAO is not going anywhere, but extinction is unlikely. In fact debt is going down each year. What Dimitri should have done is tied the money 100% to the new stadium in his interview.

We all make this mistake in life. We assume others think like us. Dimitri has never had to worry about money in his life. Never had to meet rent or save for years for a car. He does not seem to understand most PAO fans are normal people. Money for them was hard earned. If he wants to sell them an idea for their money - he needs to talk solely about the stadium project. He made the same mistake when he started investing in Sparta FC and it ended up with him being run out of town. He has to stop assuming normal Greek citizens were raised with his money and his outlook. As it is right at this minute - I think the 20 million will be difficult to achieve without a change in the way he presents himself and his project. A sparkling new stadium is something fans can enjoy for many generations - so I can imagine money being donated for that. Money being donated for survival? I think most PAO fans know the club with survive as it is now with Alafouzos.

Comment

• ^^Good points. I believe once his team he appointed on this gets cracking, will surely come up with ideas on how to motivate the fans. We will probably see big players announcing their support shortly, and followed by the banks with government support. We're in early stages at this point and IMO 400k raised is very promising, However I agree 20 million is a huge task especially when Greece is still in somewhat of a financial crisis, getting better but still ways to go. Another important factor is how the team comes out of the gates this season. If we start strong and stay in contention that will help motivate the fans. Also how Alafouzo handles the season will play a big factor. If he continues to support the team and both Dimitri and Alafouzo stay on the same page that will also help motivate the fans. This is a big project with many moving parts, staying united is key here to succeed.

Comment

• I think we only raised like 2-3 m last time but again like reaper said, where those funds were going exactly, was not explained

Comment

• Originally posted by Val View Post
              I think we only raised like 2-3 m last time but again like reaper said, where those funds were going exactly, was not explained
              It's a huge task....we basically need to average 40k a day to reach a respectable number at around 13 million. After that you would think that someone with deep pockets will need to cover the rest. Let's see long ways to go.

Comment

• Dimitri needs to spell out that the money is 100% for a new stadium. Even as a PAO fan I would be reluctant to hand over money to Dimitri - a multi millionaire - simply for what he calls 'survival.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                  Dimitri needs to spell out that the money is 100% for a new stadium. Even as a PAO fan I would be reluctant to hand over money to Dimitri - a multi millionaire - simply for what he calls 'survival.'
                  I think it's in very early stages at this point. The group he appointed to manage this effort has just begun. We will probably see them set up a presentation with plans and timelines for this project.

Comment

• 40k raised so far today, closing in on 450k. It will be good to break the 1 million mark by the end of July.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                      Dimitri needs to spell out that the money is 100% for a new stadium. Even as a PAO fan I would be reluctant to hand over money to Dimitri - a multi millionaire - simply for what he calls 'survival.'
                      That’s exactly what I was thinking...

Comment

• Fans made it to Alafouzo's house to protest. He was one step ahead and got tax funded police to guard his house from the fans:

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omad...y.5602635.html

Comment

• Talk of Fetfatzidis maybe signing for PAO given Aris' financial strains, It could signal that Xatzigiovannis will be sold in the not so distant future.

https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/71584...ton-fetfatzidi

Comment

• Keen to see where this goes

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                              Talk of Fetfatzidis maybe signing for PAO given Aris' financial strains, It could signal that Xatzigiovannis will be sold in the not so distant future.

https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/71584...ton-fetfatzidi
                              I believe he's making around 350k a season....and would be a huge downgrade replacing Xatz.

Comment

• That figure is correct, I wouldnt call it a huge downgrade by any stretch of the imagination personally, Fetfa can own a defence even more than Xatz whilst both players can also disappear in a game, even so, Fetfa can have a bigger impact imo

Comment

Working...
                                X