Tzolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tzolis

Rumours are he is close to signing with Bruges. Ridiculous if true. This guy should be in a top 5 league no question and for at least 12 mil.

Hopefully not man. That would be disappointing. He should stay at PAOK for the rest of the season and then leave for a top 5 league.

Comment

PAOK denied those rumors..

Comment

I don’t really talk much about this guy but I’d like to discuss what I honestly think about him. I’ve analysed for a while but I didn’t want to say much because I’m a bit apprehensive. I don’t want to praise and carry on about a player who’s inform and then they flop for the next few years. I’m starting to believe in the player and what he brings. I’m still asking questions about him. But you can’t deny the consistency and the positives he’s brought in since he debuted. I’m going to start with what I like about him.

The positives:

- this kid is showing Greece and the footballing world that he’s arrived.

- he’s a player that’s very clinical. His shooting is impressive.

- his natural strength and bravery is also very impressive for his age.

I think he’s a player that’s shown a huge amount potential already. More so than any other Greek that was his age. But at the same time he kind of confuses me to what he actually is. He started off as a striker and scored a lot of goals at youth level. Then Garcia (while he was coaching at youth level) put him on the wing so he can improve other areas of his game. To be honest I think he needs to work on his technique and passing more. I think slowly-slowly he’s getting there.

I think he’s more of a number 9. He gets in the areas well and is at the right place at the right time. He isn’t a winger like a Fetfatzidis type that takes on 2-3 players and puts a through ball on the plate for the striker. I don’t think he’s that type of player. His crossing also needs work. He’s got speed and confidence. He seems very tough also.

For some reason I’m still not totally convinced but at the same time I’m impressed. When Ninis, Fetfatzidis and KPapadopoulos came on to the scene I was like yep these guys are definitely special talents and they are very rare in Greece. Fetfatzidis at his best is out of this world. With KPapa I’ve never witnessed so much dog and hunger in him ever. So much aggression and intensity with everything he did. Ninis seemed like a player that can carry a team and change a team with his impressive vision and passing.

With Tzolis i don’t see it in the same way. Maybe I’m apprehensive and I don’t want to over praise him like the others and then becomes nothing special in his career. Tzolis at the moment is showing consistency and that’s all you can ask for at the moment. I hope as the weeks go by he keeps on improving and scoring. I also hope he performs for Greece because we could use his speed, consistency and his finishing. Greece will benefit with a player like him. Let’s hope he has a fantastic career.
        Last edited by Dean97; 02-04-2021, 06:28 AM.

Comment

His main strengths are his speed, strength, dribbling, awareness, being able to get into goal scoring positions and his incredible shooting ability. His position is ambiguous. I think I would play him just off a striker -to the left or right or as a pure striker.

One thing going for him is that he is already stronger mentally than Fetfa and Ninis combined. Also, he single handedly destroyed PSV at 18 years old and looks exceptionally good at international level.

The biggest threat to his career is being exposed to the bizarre tactics and rotations of JVS or being sold to a shitty Belgium team.

Imo, he should start every international game without question. No one in Greece is as direct as he is.

Comment

He has been impressive and has cemented his hold of the left wing for the ethniki.

I remember watching a game with KPAP when he was with Schalke and they were taking on Benfica. He was young (20?) and playing as a defensive mid. He was just all over the place, stopping everything. Benfica couldn't pass him. He looked like he was going to be a superstar. Then the injuries happened...

Comment

Originally posted by Brklyngrk View Post
              He has been impressive and has cemented his hold of the left wing for the ethniki.

I remember watching a game with KPAP when he was with Schalke and they were taking on Benfica. He was young (20?) and playing as a defensive mid. He was just all over the place, stopping everything. Benfica couldn't pass him. He looked like he was going to be a superstar. Then the injuries happened...
              I think a few of us saw that game without realising. LoneHorseman too. K.Paps was hitting 50 yard passes with both feet and dictating play. Was sensational to watch a Greek mid do that. All we have has since is Greek mids spending 90 mins passing backwards to CBs or jogging in space.

Comment

I have to see what you guys are talking about regarding Kpaps. I can’t seem to find the full replay online. He was a beast back in the day. Poor guy was ruined with injuries. Unfortunately I can see Retsos and Mavropanos following him. They are still young though so hopefully things turn out positive.

As for Tzolis, Reaper I agree that he should start every game especially in place for Mantalos. Your also right in saying that his position is ambiguous. I didn’t think of it that way. I’m hoping we don’t see Mantalos out on the left again. It doesn’t work for him or the team. In a diamond 4-4-2 formation Mantalos can be the LCM. Other wise he should be an 8 or 10.

Comment

The game was a champions league game, can't find it now. All I remember after watching that game and thinking that he was the best player on that pitch. You really never get that impression from a guy playing as a def mid. Funny enough, that was the same assignment he had refused to do at OLY. When he was at OLY, they wanted him to move to def mid to get him more playing time. He said no, he was purely a cb and he goes abroad and plays amazing as a mid in that game.

Comment

There’s no one like Kyriakos Papadopoulos. Especially a Greek. If it wasn’t for his injuries I have no doubt he could’ve made it big in his career. Probably would be playing for Man City or Real Madrid right now. He’s a CB that scores goals. Amazing strength and jumping. His aggression is our of this world. That’s probably why he gets injured all the time. He over commits in everything he does. He’s propably the toughest mentally that I’ve ever seen of a Greek player. Very fearless and dominant.

Comment

Yes, basically with K.Paps - his body could not take his mentality. He didn't know how to take it down to 80%. It was all or nothing and his knees simply couldnt handle it.

Comment

Tzolis another 2 goals in the cup today..

15 total this season? Scored in the Europa League, Super League, Greek Cup, scored for the Greek NT... all while being 18 years old..

Comment

He’s having a great season. Without him it makes you wonder if PAOK would be where they are at the moment.

Comment

His market value has gone up to €10,000,000.

Comment

Manchester United are interested...

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/man-ut...hristos-tzolis

Comment

Working...
                              X