• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another goal and another assist..

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
      Another goal and another assist..
      Great to see. Tzolis seems like he’s grown taller or something. He can play anywhere across the front line. He can even play at CAM. He’s more of a second striker anyway. But I think he’s most effective cutting in from the left and shooting. If Greece were to play Ninis at CM then I’d put Tzolis in an advanced 10 role and let Ninis create and put balls through in deep areas.

I’m just dreaming about what I would do as coach haha.
      Last edited by Dean97; 02-22-2021, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Barcelona sniffing around.
        CHRISTOS TZOLIS was only 13 years old when his incredible talent caught the eye of Barcelona. Six years later, barely a month after his 19th birthday, the PAOK winger finds himself linked with Manc…

Comment

Something’s gotta give soon, great player

Comment

The thing is what does he do? If he moves to Barcelona or Manchester I don’t think they will play him in there first team. He will propably play for the second team. He should maybe move to a side where he will play a lot of games and then maybe move to a giant like Barcelona, when he’s further proven himself in a more competitive league than Greece. I’m just thinking for his development and his chances of always playing for Greece.

What are your thoughts guys about this?

Comment

A contract can have minutes written into it. A club may buy him and loan him out to get more minutes or he may pick a less high profile club that guarantees minutes.

I would like to see him bought my a big Spanish club and loaned out with guaranteed minutes to a Spanish side competing in Europe next season, like a Sevilla or Sociedad.

Comment

A contract can have minutes written into it. A club may buy him and loan him out to get more minutes or he may pick a less high profile club that guarantees minutes.

I would like to see him bought my a big Spanish club and loaned out with guaranteed minutes to a Spanish side competing in Europe next season, like a Sevilla or Sociedad.
                What about an English side? The Italian or German aren’t so bad either. I just hope wherever he goes he gets minutes and isn’t rotting on the bench. A mid table English side like a Southampton or Everton or even a side competing in Europe like Spurs would be a good start before he makes that jump to a United or Barca.

I don’t know if the Spanish league makes Greek players flourish. Unless your a player like Ninis or Fetfa than the Spanish league would suit them. Spanish league is more for technique and skill, while the English is more physical and powerful. The German, Italian and French are the feeders for Spain and England in my opinion.

Like I don’t know if Tsimikas going from Greece to England was a good idea. He’s a back up there and that isn’t really going to take you to the next level. Unless he gets loaned to a Wolves or something. You need to be playing consistently and at a high level like Europa or Champions league. Manolas for me should’ve went to England after leaving Roma.

Sokratis did it the right way in my opinion. He started in Greece, then went to Italy and Germany for a long period of time and then went to England which is arguably the best league in the world along with Spain. Now he is ending his career in Greece. Can’t really ask for a better career. Along the whole way through he was a starter for all his clubs except for Milan.
                Last edited by Dean97; 02-28-2021, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Dealer's choice really.

Depends on the player but for me Spain is the best league on the planet. The lack of physicality compared to Germany, Italy and the Prem for me is a plus not a minus. I don't think Tsiartas would has succeeded in a mid level prem team the way he did at sevilla. Defenders like Kyriakos, Siovas, Manolas, Sokratis, Dellas etc - I think they can succeed in any league on earth. La Liga for me has more in common with Greece than the Prem anyway. I know Stelios did ok at Bolton, but I think he would have shone more in Spain. I think both Ninis and Fetfa would have likely enhanced their careers in Andalucia the way Tsiartas did.

Comment

I can see players like Ninis, Fetfa, Fortounis and Mantalos doing well in Spain. Tzolis for me I think would suit an England or Germany but we’ll see what happens. Most Greeks seem to go to Italy and Germany and they all mostly reach there ceiling there. I’d like to see more Greeks succeed obviously in England or Spain.

Just like that article that you posted Reaper, Tsimikas, Sokratis and Manolas seem to be the only players making a career for themselves while the others have failed to live up to expectations. Tzolis has momentum going for him and I think he will make the right decision. He seems very professional aswell. Not many Greeks like him. Very ambitious and headstrong.

Retsos is also very ambitious and professional but injuries are getting in the way of his development.

Comment

Remember Retsos was virtually never injured in Greece. Same with K.Paps. The physicality of Germany wiped them out.

Comment

I agree more with your trajectory's Reap in Tzolis career, than the ManU route. I also agree the Bundesliga's wear and tear style shortened K Pap's career and stalled Retsos, but also lends itself to more of a free flowing game that's right up Tzolis wheelhouse. I salivate at the dynamics of him and Haaland up front, if say Dortmund do sign him

Comment

Originally posted by LoneHorseman View Post

I agree more with your trajectory's Reap in Tzolis career, than the ManU route. I also agree the Bundesliga's wear and tear style shortened K Pap's career and stalled Retsos, but also lends itself to more of a free flowing game that's right up Tzolis wheelhouse. I salivate at the dynamics of him and Haaland up front, if say Dortmund do sign him
                          Dortmund must def be one of the most likely to acquire him. The explosiveness of his play must have them chomping at the bit. Def would be a good choice for them.

Comment

Christos Tzolis is a transfer target for Sevilla. The 19 year old PAOK winger, one of the most promising Greek talents, is seen as a replacement for Lucas Ocampos if Sevilla do sell the Argentinean winger this summer. [TodoFichajes]

Comment

Best move for him imo. The technical team there will turn him into a beast. Also they still fond of Greeks after Tsiartas.

Comment

Best move for him imo. The technical team there will turn him into a beast. Also they still fond of Greeks after Tsiartas.
                                Yeah I just hope he gets game time. Greeks have done well in Spain. Like Tsiartas and Siovas.

Comment

Working...
                                X