Super League Top Scorer, Top Assist Giver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super League Top Scorer, Top Assist Giver

Seems if he stays fit it could be Koulouris.

Season finished and pretty shitty spectacle it was thanks to a communist run violent and disorganised league.

Final stats.

Top goal scorers:

Top Assists:

Comment

Well done Koulouris, some very well taken goals and in big games too, I’ve been impressed by him

Comment

He has done very well but for some reason I’m always pessimistic with him and I don’t know why. I haven’t watched him closely but the stats speak for themselves. I rate Manos and Durmisaj more. But from what I’ve seen of him I’m not totally sold or optimistic about him or his overall ability. Can he be better than Mitro? Time will tell. If he can put this form in the national team then I will say we have got a finisher but until then I’m not sold on him. Does anyone else feel the same? I’d like to hear others point of view. Has anyone watched him real close to understand what kind of player he is? His 19 goals and 20 something overall should be something to be proud of.

Comment

He is a pure poacher. Not trusted by PAOK or the Greek NT. Not much besides goals to his game. Even Gekas showed more movement.

Comment

You guys are way too harsh, prob haven’t seen much of him play, ok might not offer a lot outside of goals but the guy is a pure striker, and his finishing has improved impressively, his goals have been of decent quality

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
              You guys are way too harsh, prob haven’t seen much of him play, ok might not offer a lot outside of goals but the guy is a pure striker, and his finishing has improved impressively, his goals have been of decent quality
              No no, I am with you. I think he does his job and does it well. Just trying to rationalise the NT preferring to play a midfielder in the striker role than gamble on Koulouris. I think Koulouris should try for a move to Spain. Sadly in Greece, despite his achievement, the press are not enamoured with him and once they make up their minds..

Comment

He's top scorer because Prijovic left for Saudi Arabia.

Koulouris is similar to Machlas and Gekas. For comparison sake, Machlas was top scorer in Europe at 24 years old with 34 goals in the Netherlands. Machlas also was a key player for Greece at just 20 years old. Gekas was top scorer in Germany at 27 years of age with 20 goals. He became a key player for Greece at around that time. Neither Machlas nor Gekas made significant contributions for Greece in major finals, but both played notable roles in qualification campaigns to get to major finals.

He may have some use at the national level, but I feel this type of striker is close to non-existant in the modern game. At a major finals, we can't afford to have him unless the opposition is down a player because to play him means we defend one man less. His role has become something of an anachronism.

That said, Koulouris is only 23 and may develop further aspects to his game, but his physical and technical qualities suggests he's very limited.

Comment

Awesome replies. I have to agree with what Don said. Especially the last paragraph. Maybe he is not a 90 minute player for the national team but you don’t know unless you try. He does his job and that’s the most important in winning games. I just hope he improves more in other areas just so we can say we have new striker for the next 10 years.

Comment

Hopefully someone on youtube makes a compilation of his goals this season. Curious to see them.

Comment

He's a classic goal poacher. A lot of the goals I saw came from in and around the 6 yard box. I saw one from outside the box: a loose ball that fortuitously fell to him and his first touch was a shot right on goal. It's evident he keeps his eyes on goal as often as possible. And I saw one assist where he muscled off a defender in Atromitos' half and then he laid a diagonal ground pass with the scorer still having some work to do in order to score.

He has to leave Greece to further develop his game. No questions there.

The best option for him, should it be afforded to him, would be to play at Stuttgart. I think for him that would be a dream move. He would gain a lot of great insight watching ex-Germany striker Mario Gomez up close and it would be ideal for him to play alongside Donis. For me, Donis is a starter for Greece and if these two play together, week in and out, then that puts Koulouris in a great position to start for Greece. I think he should ask his agent for a loan move to Stuttgart, even if they get demoted. That would be the best option for him I think.

Comment

So he finishes with 25 goal in all comps (5 goals in 5 appearances in the Cup and 1 in the Europa Cup).

Betis are looking for a new striker most probably..

As you said, he needs to ask his agent for a move abroad to build on what he has done. Needs to leave Greece.

Comment

Sporting Lisbon is interested.

Comment

He has said he loves PAOK so I do t know what he will do. I definitely think he should go abroad. I would t mind seeing him at Sporting. They produce good players and he can improve there.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X