Europa League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm no greek in the starting lineup....foreigners can be like mercenaries until and if they buy in

Scandinavians play hard and are usually well organised but i think this more about aris

Comment

Aris needed the money from Europe. Now they're stuck and won't have the extra funds to make key signings to fill gaps in the team.

Comment

The signings they did make imo were poor. Sundgren was not worth the hassle imo. Ideye looks lost.

Comment

I only had a chance to see the highlights below. Molde scored a great opener. Quick, minimal touch passes. It looked like something they worked on the training ground. Pure class from Molde. The second goal was avoidable and killed Aris. The goalkeeper made a sloppy pass and the holding midfielder was not concentrating. After that it looked like Aris were forced to chase the game and had pushed men forward. That left them exposed at the back. The last defender was beat for pace on the counter and made a desperate challenge on what probably would have been Molde's third goal. That red card finished the game and Aris couldn't hold out to prevent an eventual third.

Comment

• Don Giovanni
            Don Giovanni commented
            Editing a comment
            Aris didn't look threatening. My guess is they need someone creative in the middle of the park to string things together, but with Digny you would think he could do that.

Molde aren't a great side, but Norway play in the summer and they're are now past the midway point of their season. Aris are still in pre-season mode.

How good would it be if Ninis joined Fetfatzidis at Aris...

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
            How good would it be if Ninis joined Fetfatzidis at Aris...
            If Aris won a game because of Ninis and Fetfa, the Greek media would have a real headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

If Aris won a game because of Ninis and Fetfa, the Greek media would have a real headache.
              LOL!

Comment

Up 3-0 vs Molde, they can absolutely win this tie.

Comment

Perhaps the heat played a role but Molde played like witches hats. The only threat they posed was from their quick Africans up front and that’s where their goal came from. I don’t think they’re a good side at all. They simply capitalized on the aris mistakes at the back. An aris side, who I think will be very disappointed to go out to their opponents as they have more quality and they had the chances for at least another two goals which would’ve sent them through. The lesson here is that you can’t gift goals to any opponent, especially playing in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                  X