Fetfatzidis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only Fetfatzidis got more chances when he was young at Olympiakos. I wish he got the chances he is getting now back then. We’re not going to get a player like him again. We can get another Ninis type but not Fetfa. He is so unique and is the best technically in all of Greece. But that’s not the only things that’s going to take you far. He did well in Italy but again started to fade away. Still boggles my mind that Greece haven’t given him the proper opportunities. To me it’s common sense to have him in there to make things happen when most are not at the same level technically or skill wise to him. I can’t praise Fetfa enough, he is truly unique and no other Greek winger or attacker is on the same level currently in my opinion. Greece truly missed the boat with this player.

By the way Don and Reaper, you guys nailed it with your posts.
    Last edited by Dean97; 06-28-2020, 02:31 AM.

Comment

• DaPipa
      DaPipa commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll take Christodoulopoulos over Fetfatzidi any day of the week, but its true at the moment in that role there are no Greek players to speak of.

• Originally posted by DaPipa View Post

Yes so many more, that in a short time, Fetfa wil be forgotten like we forgot about Koutsianikoulis. WHats the name of that algerian guy who played for OLy who also led the league in assists? NObody remembers Djamel Abdoun, not a single fan.
    How many Greeks could score like this:

It takes a special talent to do something like that.

If you don't rate Fetfatzidis and think he was never going to make it big, fine, but don't tell me for one minute that Abdoun and Kazim-Kazim can do what you just saw in that video.

In my opinion, Olympiacos had a special talent on their hands and they wasted him in favor of two Muslims, one of whom was a Turk.

Even now, when I look at Olympiacos, could Fetfatzidis not have been what Valbuena is now? Could Olympiacos have invested in Fetfatzidis the way they did Fortounis?

How was it that Podence managed to be developed and given opportunities that were not afforded to Fetfatzidis?

For me, it goes even beyond that, because there's an even better parallel to draw upon to illustrate how big Fetfatzidis could have been. There was a time when he was coached by Gasperini at Genoa. Today, Gasperini is at Atalanta and that team is built around the talents of Papu Gomez, a late bloomer. You look at Papu Gomez's career and it's almost identical to Fetfatzidis in ways. He's the same type of player as Fetfatzidis, but Fetfatzidis is even more naturally talented than Papu Gomez.

I really think Fetfatzidis could have been the first Greek player to really break barriers. Never mind the hype he was the new Messi. If he were Papu Gomez, but with more natural skill, he'd have been the biggest name to ever grace Greek football.

In my view, he was a missed chance and we'll be very lucky if we ever get a player as naturally gifted again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
      Even now, when I look at Olympiacos, could Fetfatzidis not have been what Valbuena is now? Could Olympiacos have invested in Fetfatzidis the way they did Fortounis?
      If he could he would not be transferring to a UAE club, Olympiakos invested quite a bit into Fetfa I think with some hormone treatment or something like that, if you know about it feel free to expand. How did the club invest more into Fortounis, I dont get what you mean here.

Scoring one flashy goal does not make a career, do you remeber the goal Castillo scored vs Brazil? Shaktar payed over 25 million for that goal. Look how he ended up.
      Last edited by DaPipa; 06-28-2020, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Castillo had Giovanni and Rivaldo as mentors. That's why he was so highly rated.

No one has to rate Fetfa. He never really accomplished much, but I happen to think he was special and I think Olympiacos doesn't know how to develop players. That's why they have to always sign cheap Africans and Muslims, or has-beens from the Turks, and we see almost no academy players.

Comment

• I’d thought I share this with everyone. We should be proud that we have a Greek player who could handle the ball the way he could. Here is a video of Fetfa’s best moment at Aris.. Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/YQeTuMXenAU

Comment

• Great, now I have to change pants... I have Tzatziki on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
            Great, now I have to change pants... I have Tzatziki on them.

Comment

• Scored again yesterday (he now has 5 goals and 11 assists in all comps this season):

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                Scored again yesterday (he now has 5 goals and 11 assists in all comps this season):

Beat me to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                  Scored again yesterday (he now has 5 goals and 11 assists in all comps this season):

My god Reap, could've had an even a bigger year if a couple of his goals were not called offside, very close calls and had WAY more assists, if some of his teammates buried their chances

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneHorseman View Post

My god Reap, could've had an even a bigger year if a couple of his goals were not called offside, very close calls and had WAY more assists, if some of his teammates buried their chances
                    Indeed file, I think if he was feeding El Arabi as opposed to Ideye, he would probably have 18 assists as opposed to 9. Ideye was poor this season.

Comment

• I want him to come back to Olympiakos. You can tell he is on another level at Aris. He is clearly more superior than his team and like everyone has said he could’ve had more goals and assists this season.

Comment

• He got married. Also his transfer deal fell through, so he's still at Aris for the time being.
                        Με τα δεσμά του γάμου ενώθηκαν το απόγευμα του Σαββάτο ο ποδοσφαιριστής του Άρη Γιάννης Φετφατζίδης και η αγαπημένη του Δήμητρα.

Comment

• Martins on Fetfa:

https://www.metrosport.gr/martins-mo...is-alla-271163

Comment

• Yeah, that miss against AEK was bad. The league is better with him in it and hopefully they can find a way to keep him at Aris.

Comment

Working...
                            X