Fetfatzidis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’s a fantastic player. Here are the highlights...

https://youtu.be/3umZbTi5pC8

Comment

Didn't know about the assists. Great performance. Let's see if he can keep up this kind of form.

Comment

Clear highlights of the game:

Comment

Instant assist for Aris's 1st goal vs PAOK. Must now be the assist leader in Hellas.

Comment

He was the MOTM vs PAOK today, easily. Just carved through their defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Soprano76 View Post
              He was the MOTM vs PAOK today, easily. Just carved through their defense.
              Yea, explosion of pace, raw ability to get past players. He carved them up for fun today. He handed 2-3 chances to Ideye on a plate. Stunning performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

Yea, explosion of pace, raw ability to get past players. He carved them up for fun today. He handed 2-3 chances to Ideye on a plate. Stunning performance.
                Im so happy to read this!!!

Comment

I just saw the highlights. He did exceptionally well to readjust his feet before making the assist on the first goal. The initial pass he receives is played just behind him and he crosses over his legs as he receives it. Without taking a touch, he hits it one-time. And it's a good pass with some φάλτσο on it. Reading his body, how he was shaping up for the pass, you would think he was sending in a high cross, but he goes with a low curling pass that skips along to the target, Ideye. Not an easy pass to defend against. That said, I get the impression he lacks strength and he hits them this way in order to generate enough power. He keeps his cross low in order to remain on target.

Reaper, is he always playing his crosses into the box through bodies or does he ever loft it at all for headers? I've seen him hit higher crosses when he took corners for Greece against Liechtenstein, but his deliveries weren't finding any targets and there was at least one that couldn't beat the first defender. He can generate power, but watching him it seems he sacrifices the accuracy of his shots/crosses when he does put enough power into them.

He's very good at getting away from defenders and he has a clear idea of where he wants to play the ball before he gets it. It's funny seeing Mitroglou play like Zidane in the Netherlands. I would never have pictured him as that type of player. Meanwhile in Greece, Fetfatzidis looks like Maradona and Vellios, like Vialli.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post

I just saw the highlights. He did exceptionally well to readjust his feet before making the assist on the first goal. The initial pass he receives is played just behind him and he crosses over his legs as he receives it. Without taking a touch, he hits it one-time. And it's a good pass with some φάλτσο on it. Reading his body, how he was shaping up for the pass, you would think he was sending in a high cross, but he goes with a low curling pass that skips along to the target, Ideye. Not an easy pass to defend against. That said, I get the impression he lacks strength and he hits them this way in order to generate enough power. He keeps his cross low in order to remain on target.

Reaper, is he always playing his crosses into the box through bodies or does he ever loft it at all for headers? I've seen him hit higher crosses when he took corners for Greece against Liechtenstein, but his deliveries weren't finding any targets and there was at least one that couldn't beat the first defender. He can generate power, but watching him it seems he sacrifices the accuracy of his shots/crosses when he does put enough power into them.

He's very good at getting away from defenders and he has a clear idea of where he wants to play the ball before he gets it. It's funny seeing Mitroglou play like Zidane in the Netherlands. I would never have pictured him as that type of player. Meanwhile in Greece, Fetfatzidis looks like Maradona and Vellios, like Vialli.
                    Tends to keep the ball on the ground when running the ball. Set pieces he tends to hit high balls. Seen him on occasion hit a lofted ball but that is usually when he is outside the box.

Comment

Finally had the chance to see him against Panathinaikos. It was a monster performance. He could maybe have had one or two more goals (if you include the chance on which Ideye had scored) and easily another three or four assists. Panathinaikos had no answers for him. He was unplayable. If he starts working those same wonders on set-plays, he'll be the best player in Greece. For now that title belongs to Fortounis.

My only worry for him, and this was true as well when he played at OSFP, the fields are poor in Greece and many players in the league are simply butchers. I've seen a lot of horror challenges over the years, the worst being one Giorgios Georgiadis, then a PAOK player, had done on an Aris player years ago. Stoltidis too had horrifically broken a young Norwegian player's leg in a European game. And that's just the players from the top teams. The mid to lower table teams use it as an outright tactic to prevent teams from playing their game. And don't get me started on the pitches. How many times have we seen big derbies played on pitches not even fit for a high school soccer game? Big title deciding matches played on pitches that were so dry or so muddy that proper passes couldn't be played.

I also question his fitness and strength. Those three years he wasted in Saudi Arabia collecting money softened him up. Only now he's getting back into proper professional shape both physically and psychologically. And it's evident to me there's still some work he has left to do in order to get there. But he is getting there.

Comment

Our pitches are not that bad anymore tbh.

Ok, Larisa for example really needs to do something about their pitch, OAKA is gona get fixed soon. Maybe Viskekidis can improve too, the rest are ok I’m sure

Rest of your post -

Comment

I'm willing to accept that the pitches aren't nearly as bad they once were, but we are still behind other countries in that respect.

After seeing Fetfatzidis in both the Panathinaikos and PAOK games, he was brilliant. Even his corners are getting better. In fact, the assist originated from a short corner. His other corners were also well taken. I hope to see him eventually take direct free-kicks. He's a special player and he's got to develop that ability because a lot of teams will simply cut him down before he gets inside the box. If Fetfatzidis can put that on his CV, he will become the best Greek footballer of this generation and finally realize his potential.

I was worried he missed the boat and his time in Saudi Arabia all but ended his career. The man now looks possessed and fully intent on becoming the best he can possibly become.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                            I'm willing to accept that the pitches aren't nearly as bad they once were, but we are still behind other countries in that respect.

After seeing Fetfatzidis in both the Panathinaikos and PAOK games, he was brilliant. Even his corners are getting better. In fact, the assist originated from a short corner. His other corners were also well taken. I hope to see him eventually take direct free-kicks. He's a special player and he's got to develop that ability because a lot of teams will simply cut him down before he gets inside the box. If Fetfatzidis can put that on his CV, he will become the best Greek footballer of this generation and finally realize his potential.

I was worried he missed the boat and his time in Saudi Arabia all but ended his career. The man now looks possessed and fully intent on becoming the best he can possibly become.
                            Olympiacos was wrong for him. Too much pressure. Aris fits his mentality and also he is a local to the region anyway.

Comment

Was subbed at the half against OSFP. It seems the coach was unhappy Fetfatzidis didn't do enough to deny the equalizer. Tsimikas got by him too easily for the cross.

https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/64507...i-sto-imihrono

Comment

Working...
                              X