Fetfatzidis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a lot of natural talent unique to him. Let's see what he makes of it.

Comment

http://www.gazzetta.gr/weekend-journ...s-toy-o-dromos

Comment

One thing he is wrong about is the Saudi League - its not even close to being the top league - it has one team that could be argued to be in the top 5 maybe - but overall its not even in the top 5 leagues in Asia - China, Japan, Sth Korea and possibly Iran have better leagues - and according to AFC Champions league rankings - Equivalent to the UEFA co efficients - Saudi League is 6th. Thats not to say though that he shouldnt be looked at - as he was playing with confidence - and its not as if Greece were killing it at the time - What I go the most out of it - is that he ackowlwdges that he is a player who emtional state has an effect on his game - and that his final product needs to improve

Comment

Fetfazidis today creating the goal vs Lamia:

https://youtu.be/ru5kcoXNSWY?t=30

Messi today creating and scoring the goal vs Atletico:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDdhWmMJb58

Comment

In great form. Great run & set up.

That Thuram of Lamia has caught my eye, very good forward

Comment

We all knew that in Greece he can breeze past players like no one else ever has. He reminds me a lot of Hatzipanagis with his maze-like runs. Having only seen Hatzipanagis once myself, and when he was a lot older and effectively past his best, it's great to see someone who may well have been cut from the same cloth, but at his age I feel Fetfatzidis has missed the boat to become accomplished abroad. His destiny will likely remain in Greece and his exploits to Europa League and perhaps the NT. He needs to keep performing like this, but he must improve his abilities on set-pieces and shooting if he's work his way into the Greek eleven and become a more integral player at Aris. He has a lot of quality and if stays focus, he can be the best player in the league, perhaps arguably the best player in Greece of all-time.

Comment

The Fetfatzidis show again today, created the first goal, scored the second. The second (4:09) was a typical Messi style goal:

Comment

The guy is too good. He is getting better and better each week. It’s crazy how he hasn’t been given a full 90 for Greece.

Comment

What is interesting is today the coach didn't sub him and because of that he and Aris were rewarded with a Fetfa goal that saved them.

This is a player who should always be the last subbed out. All that stuff about him only lasting 60 mins. His winning goal was on 90' and he was still going full throttle at that stage.

Comment

On fire, great touches and a great goal!

Comment

Everyone knows how I feel about him. We definitely have to start using Fetfatzidis properly for the national team. Whether it’s on the wing or behind the striker he has to play. He needs to start and he should get a full 90 each game if possible for Greece. He is 28 now, he’s had his ups and downs in his career and at the moment he is on fire. We should be using him to the best of our ability.

Comment

He is more of an impact player, well suited to coming off the bench, but then again so was Karagounis. He had a nice assist on the first goal and he showed the right desire running at goal to score the second. He has to keep doing this, but I'd also like to see more quality from set-pieces. That's a big one.

As far as Greece is concerned, I believe Limnios, Mantalos and Fortounis have nailed down their places into the team. He'll need to prove himself from the bench.

Comment

He was man of the match. Created opportunities throughout the game - commentators continually saying during the game he is the best player out there.. Always looked dangerous. Why would you limit all that to an impact player off the bench?

Comment

He's proven to be much more than that this season, he has started games and made impact. Yesterday, was one example of impact through the 90 mins. Sometimes I feel no matter what he does, there is always - he still needs to do this - off course every player can improve, it just amazes me with Fetfa, people are never happy with him even though he does things we have not seen a Greek player do - consistently - for years.

I actually think on current form, would be great to see him played along side, Mantalos and Limnios in the NT midfield, yes, Reaper and Dean, at the expense of Baka (lol), but I think it would be a very dymanic trio, Fefta showed what I am sure JVS wanted to see the last month or so (most season really)
                              Last edited by Amorgos; 12-09-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

I’d rather start Fetfatzidis at this point over Fortounis. Fortounis should be the impact player if things are not working. Especially now that he will be coming back from injury.

I agree Amorgos people always say Fetfatzidis has to do this or has to do that, can’t we just appreciate what he brings. Most Greek players would dream to have his abilities. He is a very rare player, not just for Greece but for many nations.

Comment

Working...
                                X