Ninis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He just doesn't want to make the same mistake playing somewhere for the sake of it, like at PAOK. My guess is he's waiting to return to Panathinaikos. I think realistically that will only happen when PAO defaults. He'll have to look at another club, possibly Atromitos, another Athens based club, given Umbides is 37 years old.

He said he still wants to play for the ethniki, that's his big end goal. The ambition is there, it's just a matter of him finding the right club, like Fetfatzidis did with Aris and Fortounis did with OSFP.

Comment

Reading between the lines of the long interview, it seems he wants to return to PAO and wants redemption there. Problem is PAO is still the insecure environment he described so well in this long interview. PAO is not the kind of team that can look after its stars the way Olympiacos and Aris can.

He needs a coach who knows how to use him.

Comment

Honestly, I can't believe he's without club in Greece. It makes no sense that no one wants him. It was the same with Fetfatzidis this past summer. Thankfully Aris realized what they had and decided to keep him. It was a brilliant decision.

Ninis is very good. If there was anyone who could have filled Fortounis' shoes for Greece, this was the guy. It's no exaggeration that he's arguably a better player. It's very frustrating to see him again without a club.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
          Honestly, I can't believe he's without club in Greece. It makes no sense that no one wants him. It was the same with Fetfatzidis this past summer. Thankfully Aris realized what they had and decided to keep him. It was a brilliant decision.

Ninis is very good. If there was anyone who could have filled Fortounis' shoes for Greece, this was the guy. It's no exaggeration that he's arguably a better player. It's very frustrating to see him again without a club.
          I feel the same way. I haven’t him watched for a while. Do you still think he is good enough these days??

Comment

Until he signs and plays, I can't say. He hasn't played at a high level for about two years now! But the quality of the league is poor and he has the talent to be a standout performer. He just needs to find a club, have the coach's faith, and get a run of games to find form and fitness again.

Comment

The guy is not finished age wise at 29, but he has not been relevant football wise forever. Anyone know why he did not resign with the Israelis?

Comment

Originally posted by DaPipa View Post
                The guy is not finished age wise at 29, but he has not been relevant football wise forever. Anyone know why he did not resign with the Israelis?
                Did you read his story a few posts above?

Comment

In the article, Ninis says he went to Israel desperate for playing time and that it was mistake.

Comment

Giorgos Giorgiadis... what a prick

Comment

So puzzling is the issue at Charleroi... I was following him there and he was doing good... it seems his then manager could have been the issue and why the coach there fucked him around but seems so odd...

Comment

So he has goals and is not with a team at the moment as he does not want to make the mistakes he made... his time in Israel sounds horrible... and he knows he should have gone back to Greece.

At 29, he needs to go with a club this January otherwise it's too late

Comment

It’s already too late. How long do we have to wait on this guy? He isn’t the player he used to be anyway. I’d rather put faith in Bouzoukis who is much younger and has great potential. We also have Fetfatzidis now in good form we can just look at him for some inspiration. Ninis had the chance to return to Greece after his time in Belgium. We are just going to have to accept that it’s over for him. We have the future to look forward to. It’s unfortunate for the way things happened but we can’t just keep relying on a soon to be 30 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                            Part 2:

https://athletestories.gr/i-istoria-...-mou-meros-2o/

His memory is remarkable. The story tragic.

My take away from both parts.

Hugely talented obviously. Village mentality. Hugely naive. At no point - shit move after shit move does he think - let me get a good manager who gets his players good contracts. It seems he needed support - both mental and career wise - but either shunned it or didn't have the brains to find it. Skibbe shat on him.

Many similarities to Fetfatzidis - they even look alike. Both have confidence issues and both have found themselves in environments where they are unwanted - either by the fans or coach or president. Both avoided the the one league imo that would have suited them - Spain.

I hope there is a good ending for lad. He was not ready for his fame and Greece structurally was not ready for him either. In the future Greece will have better stadia, more professionalism and perhaps less violence. That environment will nurture these types - the type that has a delicate personality but massive talent.
                            An interesting last paragraph you wrote and I hope it happens. Your right on the money when you said Greece wasn’t ready for him structurally. That really makes sense and I think that could be the main reason he couldn’t get anywhere and the same can be said for others players as well.

Comment

I don't think it's too late for him, but the longer he stays without a club, the harder it will become for him.

Comment

It's a shame, but he could end his playing career at this point:

https://www.pagenews.gr/2020/03/21/a...i-kariera-tou/

I don't understand why he has not signed for a club in Greece. Players like Vellios and Fetfatzidis are relative superstars in Greece. He could easily be among the standouts. It's his mistake to make at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X