Ninis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s such a shame how his career has turned out. If I had to choose between an inform Ninis and an inform Fortounis I’d choose Ninis. He’s naturally talented. Football wasn’t even in his foresight as a youngster. His friends told him to to tryout because they thought he was very good and then he got picked. Then from there he took off.

I wish he would’ve singed for Aris or Atromitos in January. Would’ve either played with Fetfatzidis or Androutsos. 2 players I really like. Ninis has so much potential more than anyone in the last 20 years. Players like Bouzoukis, Fortounis, Mantalos and Pelkas don’t even compare to Ninis on Ninis’s best day in my opinion.

Comment

Can't make any sense of this guy tbh, all talk no action and one bad decision after another

Comment

Maybe an unpopular opinion but that massive interview I posted a while back told me he is an idiot. I believe he came from a very poor family - like most footballers - but sadly one that didn't understand the concept of professionalism and the basic idea of consistency at a decent club. Ninis is like a type of desperate celebrity who would do anything for next paycheck - anything but form an actual career strategy.

Comment

^ That wouldn't surprise me.

I think he was too small and frail to be a full-on professional at the end of the day. In the olds days, you had to be really tough to take the challenges. Players like Maradona were cut down time and time again, but he was tough. He practically dealt with kick boxers for defenders. He took his knocks and still beat the opposition. Ninis gets one hard tackle and he's out for six to nine months, and this in an era where players like him are much better protected. He wasn't cut out for it I think and that's why he hesitates even now. He knows he'll get hurt and be sidelined for months.

Let's see what he does. If he retires, I think he'll have to continue as a trainer of some kind, but I'd like to see him continue his playing career. He has a lot of talent and it would be a great shame to see it go to waste while he can still possibly offer something.

Comment

Let's not forget his formative years were in greek football. Put ninis in any other academy in the world and he comes out stronger both mentally and physically as a player.
            Last edited by Kojak; 03-24-2020, 06:37 AM.

Comment

The idea is that he’s too small shouldn’t matter. Look at Fetfatzidis, smaller than Ninis and plays fearlessly. Fetfatzidis seems to be more mentally stronger than Ninis. He came to Aris and started coming off the bench. Then he became a starter before you knew it. At least Fetfatzidis is trying to make something of his roller coaster of a career. Ninis is wasting his time by not picking a club and being committed.

I think Reaper is right. I think the pay check is what means most to him. I remember reading somewhere that he wasn’t even into football. He just happened to be good at it. A player of his talents shouldn’t be without a club or even playing in the 2nd division of Israel. I think we will never know what his real reason for not finding a club is. But we can only assume with what we read about him. At the end of the day it’s a real shame with what has happened.

Same goes for K.Papadopoulos. But his case is more understandable as he has been overwhelmed by major setbacks and injuries nearly his whole career.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                I think the pay check is what means most to him. I remember reading somewhere that he wasn’t even into football. He just happened to be good at it.
                Reading his long interview I certainly don’t think it’s about the pay packet, the guy was hanging to play but there were a lot of bizarre scenarios that worked against him. The guy def had a passion for it, but dunno why after the first Israel stint he didn’t just go back to Greece as he even admitted that was a mistake.

Comment

Still hasn’t found a club... might aswell call it a day on his career... it truly is a sad situation, I feel bad for him, would never have thought his career would end up like this at 29 years old. Should’ve been one of our major stars by now like Manolas and Sokratis. Really unfortunate as it pains me to say it’s over for him. He and Katidis could’ve made great careers for themselves.

Comment

Katidis was brainless.
                    Ninis had no ambition.

Both had what it takes on the pitch.

Comment

This is an English based article on Ninis. We already know the situation, but it also says his main objective right now is to be called up to the national team. That will make feel like he has won 10 trophies in the last 10 years he said.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/pund...-happened/amp/

Its good that he some sort of ambition, but I think it’s over for him at 30. You have to do a club first and play in order to be selected. He should just come back to Greece and join Fetfa at Aris I think. But Van’t Schip is looking more towards youth.
                      Last edited by Dean97; 07-12-2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

National team... lol, I think just getting back to professional football should be his ambition. He has been out of action for ages and from what I see and hear, his footballing days are over

Comment

Originally posted by Amorgos View Post
                          National team... lol, I think just getting back to professional football should be his ambition.

Comment

That article rehashed everything he had written into this article himself: https://athletestories.gr/i-istoria-...-mou-meros-2o/

Πλέον, είμαι 29 ετών και πιστεύω ότι όπου και να πάω θα είμαι πολύ καλά. Έχω πολλά ακόμα να δώσω και δεν περνάει από το μυαλό μου να σταματήσω. Ακόμα και κακό να είναι και πάλι το επόμενο βήμα ή να μην έρθουν τα πράγματα όπως θέλω, δεν θα τα παρατήσω. Ούτε θα σταματήσω.

Ο μεγαλύτερός μου στόχος: μέσα από τη δουλειά και τις εμφανίσεις μου σε μια ομάδα, να επιστρέψω στην Εθνική.

Μόνο τότε θα πω ότι τα κατάφερα και δικαιώθηκα, μετά από ότι έχω περάσει τα τελευταία χρόνια.

Και για μένα αυτό, θα είναι σαν να έχω πάρει 10 πρωταθλήματα μαζί όλα αυτά τα χρόνια.
                            He said he's now 29 (this was in 2019) and he believes anywhere he goes he'll be well. He still has something to give and he's not thinking to stop. He won't give up even if things don't go the way he hopes, no matter how bad. He's biggest aim is to get back to work with a team and find his way back into the NT. Only then he'll say that he salvaged his merit, after everything. To do that would have been like having won 10 championships all these years.

His prospects at this point are limited, but if he doesn't find a team this summer then it must be over for him. In the Superleague, he can be a relative superstar. The level of football in Greece is very low. Even Fetfatzidis and Vellios look like gods in Greece. He can salvage a career, but that will depend on him keeping fit and injury-free. He is fun to watch.

As far as the Greek NT goes, the central midfield remains weak. He has quality, but the work rate, being able to play more than 70 minutes, is a problem for him. Unless he's fit and sharp, I can't see him making it. He has to show more than he has shown even when he was it his physical best. If that's his reason to continue playing, I think he should just hang up his boots.

Comment

For me he lacks one thing. Fight. This summer he needed to be here:

Comment

I can literally picture Nini curling up in a corner right after that scene

Comment

Working...
                                X