Attention Guest Viewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Guest Viewers

I ThrylosG7 the most esteemed and enlightened poster on this forum - would like to extend and invitation to all the faceless and nameless guests for you to sign up with a username and password . You should all also start making a contribution and offering your opinion. no one here is going to laugh or belittle you - no matter how stupid or inane your post is. Everyone is here to have fun and debate in good nature. Personally I go by the motto that no matter how dumb I am or sound - there will always be a person who is dumber or sounds dumber than me. Im happy with that - as long as I'm not Atlas propping everyone else up. Chances are though that what you have to contribute will make this place better and more engaging . Doesn't matter who you support. Every opinion contributes to the conversation .

Im sure there are people reading the topics who shake their heads at some malakia and their fingers are itching to reply - others are nodding and would like to post something in agreement. The first few posts are the most awkward I know - i was a forum virgin once . I was reading the old Greeksoccer.com forums for 6 months until I read a post that was clearly mis informed - so I had to set him straight. After 2 or 3 posts I thought to myself i should have done this far sooner - and started responding to posts that were weeks old that i wanted to reply to. Along the way I have made life long friends from all corners of the world - many who I have met in person and many who have genuinely helped me in real life. Debating here is far better than facebook - because there are no keyboard warriors or slogan posters - for example - Olympiacos wins a game in the 90th min - on Facebook you have to scroll through 200 posts of "Rigged!!!" to get to a post of substance .

Thats my rant hopefully some of you will read this and take up my invitation - introduce yourselves so we know your here - and if you engage with a poster called Amorgos be careful of him he knows Cobra Kai .

Nice post Miyagi Do! would be good to see some new faces

Comment

Originally posted by ThrylosG7 View Post
      for example - Olympiacos wins a game in the 90th min - on Facebook you have to scroll through 200 posts of "Rigged!!!" to get to a post of substance .
      Ain't that the fucking truth..

Comment

Thats my rant hopefully some of you will read this and take up my invitation - introduce yourselves so we know your here
        Many of the lurkers are Greek journalists searching for angles on stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

Many of the lurkers are Greek journalists searching for angles on stories.
          No - are you serious ?? WTF ??

Comment

No - are you serious ?? WTF ??
            Yea. I dont mind them swiping opinion or photos but i think at least have the courtesy to join up and say hello.

Comment

I agree. Have you thought of forcing people to sign up to view ?? Its free anyway ...

Comment

I agree. Have you thought of forcing people to sign up to view ?? Its free anyway ...
                Yes, could do that. I remember one game Sport24 were taking a whole game off a thread on this forum and just translating the comments for the live feed into Greek - even took my screen grab of the OFI fans before the game - with my unique subscription code in the corner of the grab. They are ruthless. There are about 5 of them lurking on this forum every game hoping for bits and pieces. They also take chunks for opinion pieces verbatim - but again without crediting us or the site.

Comment

They also take chunks for opinion pieces verbatim - but again without crediting us or the site.
                  That is funny....

Comment

Yea. I dont mind them swiping opinion or photos but i think at least have the courtesy to join up and say hello.
                    I am not here to swipe opinions, maybe some photos if they are nice....anyway, just thought I would say:

Comment

Yeah, there are currently 29 guests there, if even few of them decided to sign up (it's free), the forum would be way more active than it is now!

C'mon!

Comment

Working...
                      X