X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Μαραντόνα

Νέα, Ομάδες, Πρόγραμμα, Αποτελέσματα, Βαθμολογίες, Στατιστικά - SPORT 24

amazing he lived this long. rip.

good right foot for standing, greatest left foot ever.

Comment

Many of his heart attacks were due to drug addiction. He was unhappy. RIP.

Comment

saw many tweets about maradona from the argentine/brazil/mexico football world as i watched osfp x man city on a mexican channel.. pele had a good one, as i'm sure pele may be thinking about his mortality.

best thing about the end of the match - finally stopped listening to the tsiggano stoichkov. i don't know too much spanish - but i know he said some derogatory stuff about greece and greek football. one moment was a man city penalty shout and will the ref and lineman communicate - xristo told us greece doesn't have wi-fi. the broadcaster seemed to be egging him on - why can't osfp play football? perfect for xristo to tell us why...

i was at the bulgaria x greece debacle in 1994. i remember maragos spitting at him, i believe. no love-lost with this guy and greece - always with negative things to say about greece. same at the 2014 wc...xristo had costa rica as easy winners on latin-america tv.

tsiggano - where is bulgarian football today? who won that tsiggano league and do they play in the CL? would they play the same way, xristo??

Comment

^^^
          , maybe someone should tell Hristo that there were only 2 Greek players starting for OSFP in this one sided training session and the bset player for the gavroi by a country mile was Fortounis.

Getting back to Armando, I was first exposed to him back in 1982 in the WC. Going into the tournament, all the experts were touting one of Rummenigge, Platini, Boniek, Ziko and a young phenom named Maradona to take over the mantle of world's greaterst foolballer. Well it was a tough tournament for Diego, which saw him sent off unceremoniously with a red card with a reckless foul in Argentina's last game of the tourney against Brazil if I remember and garnered him heaping scorn as an undisciplined punk. Well, fast forward 4 years later in Mexico, and that undisciplined punk turned in a masterful performance, a virtual one man wrecking crew, that led Argentina to the WC win. Never seen a player dominate a tournament, never mind a WC, as Maradona did in 86.

Comment

yup, same story for me. 1982, best WC ever. after the national humiliation against the british crown with the falklands war, too much of a burden for argentina at spain 1982.

he came from poverty and he seemed to prefer riff-raff for 'friends'.

the man was mule, physically. took shots to the heel and ankle in spain and italy that destroyed a van basten..unbelievable left foot.

Comment

Working...
            X