What watch are you wearing today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JVC View Post
    Nice watches guys! I will probably be picking up a Longines Hydroconquest 41mm or 44mm this week, see which fits better.
    Was thinking of adding a Tag or Tudor to my collection....decided on Longines.
    A beast of watch ⌚.

I was close to getting a Longines Heritage Diver. Also comes in 2 sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

A beast of watch ⌚.

They're nice!

What do you think of the Oris Big Crown Propilot Big Date?

Comment

They're nice!

What do you think of the Oris Big Crown Propilot Big Date?
        I am very fond of pilot's watches but don't think I can carry them off. 41mm is right on the limit of what I think I can get away with. I did some research of aviation watches last year and I remember my two favorites being an IWC Pilot Chrono and pretty much anything from Sinn.

Comment

I am very fond of pilot's watches but don't think I can carry them off. 41mm is right on the limit of what I think I can get away with. I did some research of aviation watches last year and I remember my two favorites being an IWC Pilot Chrono and pretty much anything from Sinn.

They're nice for sure. I'm also beginning to buy into the ETA movements, especially from Tudor....I think they're very solid and have innovation potential. I'm going to add the Longines soon, after that the Tudor Propilot.

Comment

These automatic watches are taking off currently. Almost like currency - especially some of the Rolex and Omegas.

Here is the 27. Cal movement of my Longines:
            Attached Files

Comment

These automatic watches are taking off currently. Almost like currency - especially some of the Rolex and Omegas.

Here is the 27. Cal movement of my Longines:
              Thats a vintage time piece!

Comment

A beast of watch ⌚.

Comment

Longines Hydroconquest 44mm automatic....just picked it up, feeling good about my choice.

Comment

What a fucking beast. Love the blue dial and enlarged Arabic numerals. Bravo file.

Comment

What a fucking beast. Love the blue dial and enlarged Arabic numerals. Bravo file.
                      Thanks brother. I think at this price point of $1600, Longines wins hands down.

Comparable luxury entry watches like Tag Heuer Aquaracer, and Tudor Black bay or Pelagos you're looking at over 4k.

At that price point I'm going Omega over those 2.

Longines is smartly positioned!

Comment

Thanks brother. I think at this price point of $1600, Longines wins hands down.

Comparable luxury entry watches like Tag Heuer Aquaracer, and Tudor Black bay or Pelagos you're looking at over 4k.

At that price point I'm going Omega over those 2.

Longines is smartly positioned!
                        Longines is the only company on earth that has a registry of every single movement and watch they have ever sold. When Swatch bought them out (they also acquired Omega and Tissot), like the other big boys who got special treatment, Longines kept everything as it was. Their factory, their staff, their alliances, their supply chains - all preserved despite the take over. They have perhaps the best heritage collection of any brand and their reliability is second to none. My watch is a 1946 manual wind and does not even lose a minute a day. Even Seiko's new automatic watches advise they are likely to lose a few minutes per day..

As for Omega, the check out the revamped Seamaster 300 file (hints of the iconic 50 fathoms by Blancpain):

Comment

Longines is the only company on earth that has a registry of every single movement and watch they have ever sold. When Swatch bought them out (they also acquired Omega and Tissot), like the other big boys who got special treatment, Longines kept everything as it was. Their factory, their staff, their alliances, their supply chains - all preserved despite the take over. They have perhaps the best heritage collection of any brand and their reliability is second to none. My watch is a 1946 manual wind and does not even lose a minute a day. Even Seiko's new automatic watches advise they are likely to lose a few minutes per day..

As for Omega, the check out the revamped Seamaster 300 file (hints of the iconic 50 fathoms by Blancpain):

I take the Omega 300 Seamaster over the Rolex all day long....its priced just above the Tudor, and about 2k under the Rolex....The Seamaster 300 is definitely way above the Tudor, and in my opinion bats above the Rolex. Omega is definitely on my wish list!

Its the re addition of the 1957 model, and inspired by the Heritage line....a masterpiece!
                          Last edited by JVC; 03-28-2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

You know what I fucking love JVC? The re-editions of Blancpain's 50 Fathoms..

Comment

Working...
                            X