What watch are you wearing today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What watch are you wearing today?

Thought it would be an interesting topic. I recently got into watches again as I was bestowed a nice family heirloom. Some days I wear something very good, other days something more practical like my Casio or Swiss Military. Feel free to post whatever watch you are wearing. Anyways, I will start with Sunday, this is what I am wearing today which is an interesting one:

1946 Longines 27.0 caliber:

Very impressive. I stopped wearing them, except for the odd occasion and my wrist feels it needs something a little bit. It's more of a fashion choice for me these day. I don't care for the fitbits, but that if technology ever meets the quality of design and class with your watch, I may think that over.

Comment

Yea, I think it goes in stages. As a kid I used to wear watches. Then for 20 years nothing. Then when Casio started reissuing their famous digital watches in different finishes, I started again.

Comment

That’s what I got and can’t beat it! A classic Casio! Gold base with maroon finish.

Ive had some amazing watches given to me over time but I can’t go past the Casio

Comment

Uninspiring answer - I wear an apple watch series 3

Comment

I generally opt for my Tissot Prc200 Chrono with the black/yellow that I've had for 5 years now. I picked it up for my 40th birthday and just last week bought myself another Tissot, this time the 2017 Tour De France Chrono XL which I love just as much. I'm a big Tissot fan, although the newer models leave me cold aside from the classic Visodate model.

My newt one has the look of the Bell & Ross Aviation series but is round which I prefer and a lot wider face than my prc200.

I'm not a fan of spending over 500 bucks for any watch. For much less you can get one that gets loads of compliments and go with any occasion but aren't too showy.

Comment

Originally posted by Greekfreak View Post
              I generally opt for my Tissot Prc200 Chrono with the black/yellow that I've had for 5 years now. I picked it up for my 40th birthday and just last week bought myself another Tissot, this time the 2017 Tour De France Chrono XL which I love just as much. I'm a big Tissot fan, although the newer models leave me cold aside from the classic Visodate model.

My newt one has the look of the Bell & Ross Aviation series but is round which I prefer and a lot wider face than my prc200.

I'm not a fan of spending over 500 bucks for any watch. For much less you can get one that gets loads of compliments and go with any occasion but aren't too showy.
              Some nice style there file. However, in a nuclear holocaust.. you are screwed. Quartz battery will go dead in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post

Some nice style there file. However, in a nuclear holocaust.. you are screwed. Quartz battery will go dead in seconds.
                Hopefully I'll be able to pry it off my decaying skin and replace it.

Comment

Hopefully I'll be able to pry it off my decaying skin and replace it.

Imagine the scenario:

'Jessie is going out on a run, we need antibiotics, water - anything we can salvage..remember, watch your back out there and...'

...Greefreak: '.... - don't forget if you see any..'

' - yes, we know - if we find any working renata batteries for your Tissot Chrono we will get them!'

Comment

For my 46th year outside the womb, I decided to splurge a little and opted for this little number. Fucking love it. I had the option to buy the all-grey face but liked the two-tone quality of this one.

It's a discontinued model and is likely 6-10 years old now, and I hated the newer version because I thought it looked like stir-fried shit, so I found this one on ebay (this was just a picture of it online but it's the same watch I bought) for about $370 U.S. Brand new it used to go for closer to 600-700 bucks back in the day and I would have never paid that much for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b36dd46e-0f31-41fa-9027-19c964084623.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	14435

Comment

For my 46th year outside the womb, I decided to splurge a little and opted for this little number. Fucking love it. I had the option to buy the all-grey face but liked the two-tone quality of this one.

It's a discontinued model and is likely 6-10 years old now, and I hated the newer version because I thought it looked like stir-fried shit, so I found this one on ebay (this was just a picture of it online but it's the same watch I bought) for about $370 U.S. Brand new it used to go for closer to 600-700 bucks back in the day and I would have never paid that much for it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	b36dd46e-0f31-41fa-9027-19c964084623.jpg Views:	2 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	14435
                      What an absolute beauty and I see you went for the automatic movement. Always love chronographs. What a stunner. Bravo.

Comment

Was in quite a well to do area today, so the Longines again..

Name:	20210316_133050.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	14440

Comment

Nice. Class never goes out of style.

Next time I win the jackpot, I may opt for the Le Locle chrono. I definitely prefer steel over leather in terms of straps but depending on the watch, the leather can look good. I just don't enjoy the feel, especially in summer.

Name:	545819475bc1795800011edaa5d7c68e9e975dc2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	14456

Comment

Nice. Class never goes out of style.

Next time I win the jackpot, I may opt for the Le Locle chrono. I definitely prefer steel over leather in terms of straps but depending on the watch, the leather can look good. I just don't enjoy the feel, especially in summer.

Name:	545819475bc1795800011edaa5d7c68e9e975dc2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	14456
                            Valjoux movement. The best chronograph movement there is. Reliable and robust. Those early Carrera Heuers had the same movement. A thing of beauty.

Comment

Nice watches guys! I will probably be picking up a Longines Hydroconquest 41mm or 44mm this week, see which fits better.
                              Was thinking of adding a Tag or Tudor to my collection....decided on Longines.

Comment

Working...
                              X