Armenia vs Azeri Turks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aek66 View Post
    sure, armenia has given us diplomatic support in our issues with turkey - but, to me, that's where it ends.

at the most, greece could and should reciprocate and publicly 'urge' turkey to stay out and allow diplomacy to win out. isn't it clear that erdogan needs this to get the turkish public's minds off the recent huge disappointment with greece??

anything more is a loser, for greece. there are nations in the eu chomping at the bit for greece to trip itself up - so they may move the toggle switch back to neutral in the realm of greece vs. turkey. nations that will claim that french arms (nowhere near delivered nor operational) have given greece too much bravado and greece may drag the eu into a war it doesn't want.

- send what arms to the armenians? the usa does not allow it's weapons for export to be used by a 3rd party. if caught, severe penalties would be in order.
    - turks and/or azeris could intercept and cause death...then what? declare war on turkey?

armenia can defeat azerbaijan. armenia can't defeat turkey and if greece did ever go to war to turkey, i wouldn't expect armenia to declare war on turkey just because greece did. one way or the other, armenia couldn't help greece with a 2nd front nor occupy turkish military units to any degree to have meaning for greece.

if i'm greece, i tell armenia that i sympathize and we can help you diplomatically, but, DO NOT publicly question us or lament lack of support from us. the greek general public would no doubt be more vocal, as already shown.
    my thoughts exactly

he ran away in the med ... so smoke n mirrors to the east

Comment

Greece should be internationally calling for Azerbaijan and the world to recognise the NK independence referendum the same way the ones in Bosnia, Kosovo, Moldova etc were accepted

Comment

But in an appeal sure to rile Yerevan, the NATO chief called on Turkey to use its "influence" - even after growing evidence that it's actively supporting Azerbaijan by transporting Syrian Islamist proxy fighters to the conflict. Armenian leaders have told Washington “This is a continuation of the genocidal policies carried out by Turkey against the Armenians,” The New York Times reported earlier.
        (emphasis not mine)
        Armenia has slammed Turkey for being a "genocidal" & hostile party to the conflict...

Comment

I cannot stand NATO. A joke organization. It should have ended after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Comment

France is now confirming Turkish involvement in the war, including their use of Syrian jihadis (those "Democracy rebels" Obama naively backed in the fight against Assad).

according to the AFP French government sources are now formally charging there's evidence of Turkish 'military involvement' in Karabakh.
            “We now have information which indicates that Syrian fighters from jihadist groups have (transited) through Gaziantep (southeastern Turkey) to reach the Nagorno-Karabakh theatre of operations,” Macron told reporters on arrival at an EU summit last week. “It is a very serious new fact, which changes the situation.”
            Macron's office later said after talks with Russia's Putin that “They [Russia] also shared their concern regarding the sending of Syrian mercenaries by Turkey to Nagorno-Karabakh,” according to a statement.
            NATO chief said he expects Turkey to "calm" the conflict as if it wasn't already deeply involved...

Comment

New dynamic, Macron and Putin, both showing how useless NATO is.

Comment

Cathedral bombed.

https://twitter.com/MuradGazdiev/sta...02932737261568

NK will receive no help from Russia, official:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...in-says-a71687

Comment

No help officially anyways, but something more covert may be in the offing. Turkey is trying to draw Russia into this war to distract them from other war zones.

Comment

The European Parliament wants the EU to act in Nagorno-Karabakh. But chief diplomat Josep Borrell has pointed to diplomacy, the Minsk group and the member states, which don't support sanctions against Turkey.

https://www.dw.com/en/eu-fails-to-ac...jan/a-55208668

Comment

MEPs call for action

During their debate, most members of the European Parliament agreed that something had to be done. "We demand that the fighting stop," said Sylvie Guillard, a French MEP, who is part of the liberal faction Renew Europe, arguing that Turkey should be punished for fueling the conflict.

Peter van Dalen, a Dutch Christian Democrat MEP, said that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was trying to "recreate the Ottoman Empire" and that he could not be stopped with speeches, but only with tough sanctions.

The Bulgarian MEP Angel Dzhambazki accused Turkey of nurturing "imperial fantasies" and of exporting Islamist fighters into the region.

Some MEPs, like the protesters, accused Ankara of intending to finish off the genocide against Armenians that started in 1915.

The Swedish MEP Charlie Weimer from the European Conservatives and Reformists described the conflict as "a war of aggression, supported by Erdogan's jihadis."

Read more: EU threatens Turkey with sanctions over East Mediterranean dispute

Only the German MEP Michael Gahler from the European People's Party warned against "internationalizing" the conflict, saying that the OSCE Minsk Group should be left alone to do its work. The group, which is co-chaired by France, the Russian Federation, and the United States, was created by the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe in 1992 to encourage a peaceful, negotiated resolution to the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia over Nagorno-Karabakh.

Comment

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...ce-in-karabakh

Something tells me the BBC/CNN wont be interested..

Comment

Working...
                        X