Greece and Egypt Sign EEZ Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greece and Egypt Sign EEZ Agreement

Nikos Dendias is in Cairo right now and meeting with his counterpart and I am seeing reports on twitter that the agreement has been reached between both countries - effectively and legally making the Turkish-GNA agreement null and void.

I will update the thread with more official sources once I see them.

https://twitter.com/mfaegypt/status/...277143553?s=21

directly from the Egyptian MFA account

Comment

Hammer blow.

Comment

It's an agreement on a partial EEZ is all they said. We'll have to wait and see the finer details. At least Turkey's agreement with those pretenders in Tripoli is null and void.

Comment

Turkey not happy. Immediately reminding the Greeks who controls the skies over Greek property.. 33 violations in less than 24 hours.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...s-in-24-hours/

Comment

Turkey very unhappy!

Comment

Turkey will go back to trying to prevent us from drilling. They have no other cards to play beyond escalating matters to the point of war. No matter, with the direction the Turkish lira is heading, Erdogan could end up leading his country down the same path that Venezuela and Iran have taken. It looks like there are still hard times ahead.

Comment

Turkey has another option. Make the area around Kastelorizo - de facto Turkish the way they have the airspace in and around Lesbos and Xios etc etc. Turkish jets can fly over Greek heads in the docenese at will with no shots fired. This tells any neutral or international court that the area is 'disputed' and not solely Greek. Turkey has told Navtex that it will be firing live rounds south of Kastelorizo - in Greek waters. The Greeks will most likely allow this with complaints, telling the world this area is a grey area too. Turks will be satisfied with that for a few years. They take land slowly. They are patient.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X