Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Filikieteria1821 View Post
    In a speech today Erdogan essentially told US leaders to impose their sanctions already and get it over with. This also happened while Erdogan called into question Macron's mental state.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tu...on-01603659345

The guy speaks this way because he knows he has people by the balls and yet I really cannot for the life of me understand why. Is it the 80 million population, the geostrategic position? is that enough to constantly overlook this shithole country?
    It is the weaknesses and supplications of the nations surrounding Turkey that gives Erdogan his strength.

The very second Greece bowed to Turkey's causi belli, Greece de facto admitted the Aegean was not Greek.

Comment

• 12 miles eez is nationalistic according to only one government on earth - Greece's..

https://www.sportime.gr/apopseis/i-a...in-ammochosto/

Comment

• the media is reporting and if true; this is tantamount to driving a stake through the count's heart..

media reporting that u.s. sec. of state pompeo is fast-tracking 6 f-35s to greece - operational next year and another 14 f-35s to be delivered in the future. a total of 20 f-35s. i also read the usa is picking up 40% of the tab of greece upgrading 84 f-16s to f-16 vipers (f-16v). the beauty of all this is what i had posted about forcing turkey to 'keep up' with a gen-5 fighter and approach a russia or china for their export gen-5 fighters. turkey may have no other choice.

1) flip a coin on how effective those russian and chinese gen-5 fighters are compared to the f-35
        2) there is no mechanism to expel a nation from nato, but, turkey would be finished in nato if they purchase gen-5 fighters from russia or china

the wild card here is germany/u.k./italy/spain selling the euro fighter to turkey. will they do it? a fellow eu nation at odds with turkey and other eu nations selling such a fighter to turkey? going to get interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by aek66 View Post
          the media is reporting and if true; this is tantamount to driving a stake through the count's heart..
          For me the biggest news in the of last 50 years concerning Greece. Turks now know the Aegean is to be shared and that is what ND want. Basically a handover of the Aegean to Turkey. I guess Dora won.. shame on Greece for giving her a platform. Big day for geopolitics. Beautifully played by Erdogan again. Expect Turk frigates and F16s in the heart of the Aegean very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by aek66 View Post
            the media is reporting and if true; this is tantamount to driving a stake through the count's heart..

media reporting that u.s. sec. of state pompeo is fast-tracking 6 f-35s to greece - operational next year and another 14 f-35s to be delivered in the future. a total of 20 f-35s. i also read the usa is picking up 40% of the tab of greece upgrading 84 f-16s to f-16 vipers (f-16v). the beauty of all this is what i had posted about forcing turkey to 'keep up' with a gen-5 fighter and approach a russia or china for their export gen-5 fighters. turkey may have no other choice.

1) flip a coin on how effective those russian and chinese gen-5 fighters are compared to the f-35
            2) there is no mechanism to expel a nation from nato, but, turkey would be finished in nato if they purchase gen-5 fighters from russia or china

the wild card here is germany/u.k./italy/spain selling the euro fighter to turkey. will they do it? a fellow eu nation at odds with turkey and other eu nations selling such a fighter to turkey? going to get interesting.
            I saw the same reports and I believe the latest flurry of Pompeo and others coming to Greece is telling. I believe there will be an expansion of use/upgrade at Souda, and a much heavier presence at Alexandroupoli as I think foreign policy members are starting to wake up to the notion that Turkey, regardless of whether Erdogan is in power or not, cannot be contained. Turkey's global ambitions are to become one of the worlds super powers, and the US cannot have that.

Greece needs to invest heavily in jamming/anti-drone technology. A case study of the Bayraktar drones and their heavy usage in the Nagorno Karabakh war and Syria show that Turkey is using these drones heavily.

The f35's and F16 Vipers are going to be lethal in the Aegean, but anti drone warfare is going to be paramount in the coming years. Greece is also said to have ordered in excess of 100 heavy torpedoes for its submarines

Comment

• yes, i had written about turkey's UAV tech and ballistic missile advantage when comparing the militaries. i do believe that combat experience is important, and turkey has much more than us, especially in regards to UAV experience. i don't even know if greece has a military attache in armenia or covert military experts in armenia to learn from these experiences.

what we do know is this fluff - "On February 28, defense ministers of Armenia, Greece and Cyprus signed a trilateral action plan in the Greek capital city of Athens. Under the plan, the three countries would participate in joint training activities and hold regular meetings on military-political issues.

Additionally, Armenia signed a bilateral cooperation agreement with Greece, paving the way for 20 joint events between the two countries."

right, what does all that mean? armenian officers and pilots may be trained in greece? ok.

over the last 2 decades - turkey has invested heavy in it's military (especially navy/shipyard production, UAV and higher tech to be become a producer of it's own gen-5 fighter aircraft and similar type-214 submarines that greece possesses.) i believe that 'now' is the time they want their naval superiority to exhibit itself. the UK is the most important piece of turkey's gen-5 fighter puzzle.

i read your post about trump's 'good deeds' towards greece & cyprus. what's missing from trump's bullet-point list is the usa picking up the tab for 40% of greece upgrading 84 of it's f-16s (various blocks) to f-16v - as the media reported or speculated. that is not on the list and if true, would have been on the list. for now, i dismiss that report.

Comment

• wondering the outcome ...

Τουρκικά μέσα ενημέρωσης αναφέρουν ότι ο υπουργός Οικονομικών και γαμπρός του Ερντογάν, Μπεράτ Αλμπαϊράκ, παραιτήθηκε από τη θέση του.

Comment

• Meh.. They will be fine.

Comment

• GREECE has demanded a ban on German arms exports to Turkey amid soaring tensions in the eastern Mediterranean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                      Meh.. They will be fine.
                      LOL

Το Σάββατο το βράδυ ο τούρκος πρόεδρος κάλεσε τον νέο διοικητή της κεντρικής τράπεζας για ενημέρωση για την οικονομία. Ο Ουισάλ δήλωσε στον Ερντογάν ότι δεν υπάρχουν συναλλαγματικά αποθέματα

Comment

• interesting

pompeo is going to repent instead of meeting with erdogan & friends...LOL
                        Top US diplomat's upcoming visit, only to meet Patriarch Bartholomew I, 'against diplomatic customs', experts say - Anadolu Agency

Comment

• Breaking - US lawmakers have agreed defence legislation that will force the Trump administration to sanction Turkey for buying a Russian S-400 missile system within 30 days of the bill becoming law per Laura Pitel

also, per Sotiris Dimpinoudis The #Pentagon will be signing the purchase deal of F-35 fighter jets to #Greece before the Trump administration will exit the white house, state department will be announcing the deal soon. #US

Comment

• Hopefully both happen but I wonder if Trump can veto that bill??? Was it passed by both the senate and the house?

Comment

• the. guy is psycho
                              Χαρακτήρισε "μπελά" για την Γαλλία τον πρόεδρο Μακρόν και είπε ότι αν αγαπάει τόσο πολύ τους Αρμένιους ας τους "δώσει" τη Μασσαλία.

Comment

• Greeks again talking angrily about a 12 mile eez they have no intention of claiming..

​​​​​​​https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...oman-dream-fm/

Comment

Working...
                                X