Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPL

Liverpool looking the goods... surely it’s theirs in 2019

Man City could still pip them on the off chance, but it's now Liverpool's to lose at this point. They've been playing at a completely different level than everyone else. They're in a league of their own.

Comment

Liverpool lost to Man City today. The race is back on and Man City could very well retake the title.

Comment

Pool fans in disbelief... should be interesting second half of season

Comment

Arsenal are playing United today. Good game so far. Arsenal getting the bulk of the ball and in United's third, but United have had 2-3 great chances to really take command of the game. Xhaka scored a nice goal. It's windy today and Xhaka got De Gea to go the wrong way. Ozil is doing wonders pulling players left and right, creating the kind of openings that gave Xhaka a free shot at the goal.

Both teams are essentially playing a back three. I hope Anastasiadis is paying attention.

Comment

The goal Salah just scored... popo! It would be a real shame if Liverpool fail to win the league this season.

Comment

Very impressive indeed

Comment

Gary Neville does a fine job summing up the problems with United:

I think they should sell Pogba to Real Madrid. They need to beat out Inter Milan to sign Godin and Modric. In a season from now, they should take a good hard look at signing Ronaldo from Juventus. These are kind of the players lacking at United right now and they'll give the balance and quality the team needs. I think they must also get Pochettino as the coach.

Comment

It's City's title to lose now. It will be interesting to see if they get banned in Europe by UEFA and then see United take their place should they finish in 5th.

Liverpool simply don't play with the same verve and quality that City do. No one, except for Barcelona, does. But they still have too much pace and quality for most teams, especially most European sides who are unaccustomed to the EPL level of play. They still have amazing fans who spur them on. And in Klopp, they have one of the best managers in the world.

The problem seemed to be the moment Liverpool began to run away with the league mid-season. The pressure clearly affected them. That's something they'll need to learn to handle better.

Arsenal and United clearly need to make lots of changes in the offseason. Chelsea are stuck due to a transfer ban, but at least they have some promising players coming through, even though Hazard will likely be sold to Real in the summer. I think Sarri and Solskjaer need to go. Chelsea should probably bring back Mourinho. United should go all out for Pochettino. Unai deserves more of a chance.

Comment

What a win for City. Kompany with a goal that will long be remembered. He was outstanding yesterday. His only fault was a slip after the goal, but he recovered no problem.

Leicester defended really well to their credit. Ricardo, Maguire, and Schmeichel built a fortress. And they did carve out a couple of chances to score. They almost took the lead when Madison had a go after a slaloming, unexpected run by Maguire. Madison really needed to slip the ball to Vardy, but he still had a good shot that only missed the target by half a yard. Had Vardy gone tete-a-tete with Emerson, I think Leicester would have ran away with at least a point and had spoiled City's title hopes. The second scoring chance should have been a goal. It came about a little more fortuitously after Leicester applied excellent pressure higher up the pitch. The shot to finish the move was very poor and completely misplaced. City seemed to have lost some of their composure after they got their goal and got very lucky there. It was a great game from start to finish.

It looks like Liverpool will need to wait just that much longer before they lay their hands on a title.

Comment

Chelsea lost their appeal to FIFA to lift the transfer ban for this summer. It looks like they will need to go to CAS, but I don't see them winning. Luckily for Chelsea, Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek are two of the best players coming up in English football and this is a golden chance for these players to breakthrough next season given that Hazard is all but assured of signing with Real Madrid.

This is also a big opportunity for Arsenal and United to gain a march over one of their big rivals.

Comment

City are losing 25 minutes in to Brighton. I still think City win, but how many other leagues in the world are like this? You'd have to go back to the Series A in the 90s for the last time we saw a title race like this.

Comment

Ended up winning 4-1 and English champions with Liverpool runners up

Comment

It was a memorable two-horse race. The last time I saw anything like it was with Juventus and Inter in 1998. I think Liverpool will need to content themselves with the UCL this year much like Inter did with the UEFA Cup.

Comment

Liverpool with a big win today. They began to tire a bit too much in the second half. Kante scored a beautiful solo goal. He's the last player you would expect to turn on the style and clearly Liverpool figured the same. Firmino's second was a bit too easy and made all the difference today. That Liverpool front three can't do any wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X