• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future talents not yet capped

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omad...o.5350196.html

Good to see there is work been done to get him in the Greek teams

Comment

We have had similar cases in the past...tug of war with other countries however none of those players have gone on to do much..

Dean Bouzanis
      Kris Ikonomidis
      George Spanoudakis
      Panos Armenakas

Spanoudakis seems to have gone off the radar....

I recall we called up 'Aussie' Robert Stambolziev to the NT Youth team too.. *Skop father, Greek mother played a few years in Greece and Cyprus leagues..

This kid from Real seems as the most positive...
      any further news on the young Serb striker with the Greek name>?

Comment

Don't know where to put it but Odi Vlachodimos has been cleared to represent us. You would expect him to be capped this month.

Comment

I really dont believe the GK position is our problem..

I am 50 years old and its the first time we have GK depth..

I would honestly be happy for any of the following to be in goals.

Vlaxodimos
          Karnezis
          Kapino
          Barkas
          Paschalakis
          Giannotis
          Dioudis

They are very decent keepers...

Comment

It is true. We have many keepers and full-backs and very few CMs.

Comment

We have several LB options.....Very few RB

RB an ageing Torosidis and a not up to NT standard Bakakis

LB Lykogiannis, Stafyllidis, Koutris, Tsimikas and dare I say it...a 35yo Jose Lloyd.....

CMs is the problem... as is the striker position ...we only have a soon to be 31yo injury prone Mitro....the rest are either out of form (Karelis) or just garbage...

We can't get the right balance in the CM to compliment Fortounis/Mandalos/Pelkas creativity...
              Mot sure if its due to the seemingly deliberate slow transition or not using proper wide players in the right positions..

For me Zeca, Taxi, fortounis, Mandalos would be more suited of we used Lazaros, Giannotas, Donis properly...

It's time after this campaign to look at Androutsos..

The biggest killer has been the disappearance for various reasons of Ninis, Fetfa, Mavrias, Katidis, Kolovos , Fountas .

I just hope some of these can come back.....All but Ninis are still young enough....and playing in decent leagues...

also hope that the same fate doesn't hit Limnios, Lambrou, Manthatis, Androutsos, Galanopoulos, Giannotas, and the swag of young PAO Players..

Comment

Has there been any further discussions around the availability/ eligibility of Villafanez and Klonaridis?

Comment

I’m not really for playing foreigners in our national team. Zeca should only be an exception. It would look bad on us as country for not producing our own players.

I also believe we should be looking at Androutsos as he has something to offer when given the chance. I believe Anastasiadis will be looking into the u21s team for help and depth.

How exciting would it be if Holebas, Siovas and Vlachodimos get called up. It’s true that we are thin at right back. We should play 3-5-2 system because of this. Siovas should be in between Manolas and Sokratis in defence with Holebas at LWB and someone at RWB. The 3 midfielders should be Galanopoulos, Kourbelis and Fortounis. Donis and Mitroglou upfront.

Thats how I’ll do it. Torosidis is ageing and Bakakis is untrustworthy aswell. We could give that spot to a winger like Limnios or Fetfatzidis.

We don’t need Villafanez when we got Fortounis, Mantalos and Pelkas to choose from. Fetfatzidis also an option. I wouldn’t mind having Klonaridis because he is half Greek and also would add another option on the wing or up front.
                  Last edited by Dean97; 11-06-2018, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RED SHERIFF View Post
                    Has there been any further discussions around the availability/ eligibility of Villafanez and Klonaridis?
                    Villafenz began the citizenship process in last year:

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/arti...-o-vigiafanies

The last we heard from him was in Feb when he stated the documents are in the hands of bureaucrats and he is waiting on their response in Athens and Rhodes (which to me indicates his Greek Grandfather was probably from that region).

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omad...s.5063200.html

Klonaridis, I have heard absolutely nothing about. I believe his father is Greek and his mother Belgian. I am not convinced he wants to play for Greece.

If we recall that other 'wonderkid' Spanoudakis (Greek father, German mother) - he is now playing in the Portuguese second division.

The one that is most interesting to me is this Spanish Real Madrid youth striker I started the topic on - Cristian Vassilakis - whose grandfather is a Greek from Corfu. He hopes to get his Greek passport in December.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning a right back who is getting no minutes at the moment but is very talented - Yiannis Masouras of Olympiacos.
                    Another is the right back and vice captain for Atromitos, Kivrakidis, who was born in Berlin. Atromitos are flying this season.

Comment

I agree that the players who disappeared have destroyed us. Player like Ninis, Mavrias, Fountas, Kolovos and Katidis could have definitely without a doubt helped us because of there talent. Just imagine if they all would’ve pulled through with their careers...

Comment

This Cristian Vassilakis player, is he that good to care about?

Comment

I noticed Stuttgart have a 17yo kid named Antonis Aidonis capped by Germany junior teams.

wiki say he has Greek heritage....curios to know more about him..

So Stuttgart have A. Donis and A. Aidonis......

Comment

Originally posted by Dean97 View Post
                            This Cristian Vassilakis player, is he that good to care about?
                            Time will tell - best to cap him early.

Comment

This is a good article explaining our future talent...
                              https://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/201...ng_12.html?m=1

Comment

Working...
                              X