General transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General transfer rumours

Torino is looking to sign Limnios (his contract is set to expire next summer).

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omad...u.5734635.html

Ninis is being rumored to return to Greece finally with Rhodes, who have won promotion to the Super League 2 (2nd division).

https://protathlima.com/kleinei-se-o...plixi-o-ninis/

Hopefully Limnios tries his luck in Italy. Ninis should join Aris I think. He should follow the path Fetfatzidis took at Aris which has reinvigorated Fetfatzidis. It could be the same for Ninis.

Comment

Aris has too many financial issues. It's good to see Rodos show that ambition to play in Greece's top division. We need it now with the conflict with Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
        Aris has too many financial issues. It's good to see Rodos show that ambition to play in Greece's top division. We need it now with the conflict with Turkey.
        Rodos is just another terrible stadium that does not dignify the island. They need a new one imo. They are aware of it too.

https://www.rodiaki.gr/article/42226...tai-neo-ghpedo

This is the area they want:

https://www.rodiaki.gr/article/43703...io-gia-th-rodo

The plans:

https://www.sportstonoto.gr/to-orama...is-rodoy-pics/

Comment

Rumor holds that Stafylidis may be heading to Trabzonspor, but nothing concrete. It would be a mistake if he did leave for Turkey.

Tsimikas is being linked with moves to Leicester and Napoli. Surprisingly Liverpool have also been linked with him as backup to Robertson.

Comment

Holebas, now 36, may sign for Schalke in the Bundesliga.

Comment

Fetfatzidis and Bakasetas may sign with Fenerbahce. The new coach at the club is Erol Bulut, the man who signed Tzavellas, Bakasetas and Siopis to Alanyaspor. He wanted Fetfatzidis at Alanyaspor too, but the club didn't have the money to do it, but Fenerbahce will.

I'm quite sure Bakasetas will sign with Fenerbahce, but I'm not sure about Fetfatzidis.

Comment

He isn't Greek, but I think he ought to be playing in Greece. Mario Balotelli may be embarking to Romania to sign for Cluj.
                JACK GAUGHAN: Mario Balotelli's career trajectory has been heading downwards for several years now, which explains why the Italian striker could be bound for Cluj in Romania.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                  He isn't Greek, but I think he ought to be playing in Greece. Mario Balotelli may be embarking to Romania to sign for Cluj.
                  AEK, PAO or PAOK should have picked him up on a year contract.

Comment

I think the Berbatov experience was enough to put Savvidis off. PAO and Aris don't have the finances to sign him. Olympiacos could easily sign him, but Martins has a good thing going and a signing like Balotelli could disrupt the tight-knit feeling Martins has created at the club. Melissanidis has been too tight fisted with his money to spend it on extravagant signings, but if Carrera feels maybe he can get Balotelli focused, then maybe AEK could too. Balotelli is a handful for any manager, but he reminds me of a lot of Eric Cantona.

Comment

Tsimikas is very close in signing for Liverpool. Negotiations are advanced.

Comment

It's official now. After his performances in the UCL and against English teams in the Europa League, it's easy to see why Liverpool want him. Van't Schip will have to play him, even if he's on the bench at Liverpool, he must play for Greece. He has to do that for him.

Comment

Paderborn may have been relegated, but Vasiliadis saw his stock rise in spite of that. Noted for his energy and end-to-end play, he could draw a few suitors this summer who think his proper place is in the Bundesliga. Few players put in more tackles or more miles than he did. In fact, Vasiliadis ranked fifth for most ground covered this past season in the Bundesliga. I've seen him linked with Gladbach (as has been the case with Limnios), but it's likelier he'll remain with Paderborn and try to restore their place to the first division.

Giannoulis has been linked with Marseilles (OM) and Saint-Etienne (ASSE). He's been mainly linked with ASSE, who have another Greek left-back, Katranis, on their books. These two clubs are probably the most notable clubs to have shown some interest in him. OM are still a big club in France, arguably the best supported (the Velodrome knows how to produce an atmosphere). ASSE were the biggest club in French football back in the 1970s and had taken Europe by storm. They were very unlucky to have lost to Bayern in '76(?).

It doesn't appear Stafylidis will nail down a starting place at Hoffenheim, so a return to PAOK is on the card.

Holebas too may return to Olympiacos as a backup to Koutris.

Comment

It appears Vrousaj has returned to Olympiacos.

Newcastle are also interested in Giannoulis. I think Newcastle was recently sold to an American consortium, so they may be an interesting side to watch next season.

Comment

Odysseus Vlahodimos is being linked with a move to Newcastle. His release clause is very expensive (over 50 million pounds!), so I doubt the move will happen unless Benfica agree a lower fee. Also the move could only take place if Newcastle get new owners. Lately there has been talk that Newcastle will sell to a newly created American-led investor group, among the supposed buyers is Pallotta who had run a similar takeover at Roma, whom he had recently sold.

I'm not sure if he's ready for the EPL yet. He seems to struggle with defending set-pieces. It's certainly a weak spot for him. He needs to grow and improve still, but he's on his way to becoming a quality keeper.

Also Karnezis, Greece's former number one, has signed for Lille. He'll likely be the third string keeper, much like he was at Napoli.

Sokratis' agent is said to have asked Arsenal to cancel the contract in order to allow Sokratis to leave for Napoli on a free transfer. I'm not sure if this is true. It seems Arsenal are holding out, they want to make some money off him. Roma are also said to be interested in his signing. I would like to see him link up with Manolas in Naples.

Comment

Working...
                              X