Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachtsidis

http://sportwitness.co.uk/sport-dire...e-desire-play/

The story behind his recent loan move to Series B side Lecce. The owner sees him as a regista, a role I don't think suits him best.

Tachtsidis is a slow player and a country like Italy suits him in that respect, but he needs to play higher up the pitch, not as a regista. So long as he manages regular minutes in Italy, even if it's only Series B, he can be a Greece player, but he will need to lobby to play as an ACM, a role in which he is better suited. I really think he will shine for Greece in that role. Fortounis would be a better option coming from the bench. He could play as a false 9. I don't rate Fortounis to give his all over 90 minutes. He's not a great player in his physical capacities, much like Ninis, although not nearly as injury prone, which means even as a false 9 he will not have physical prowess. The biggest reason to make the switch simply comes down to the fact that Tachtsidis is better in the air and better at pressing/winning back possession. We need all the men we can to press and fight for the ball.

From what i read he looks like he will get plenty of playing time.

Comment

Look at the assist from Tachtsidis at 1:35:

Fantastic vision and surgical technique. I can't think of any other Greek players around with eye for a pass like that other than perhaps Ninis. If it had been Fortounis in that position, he might have picked that option out but he would have lofted the ball over the defence; Fortounis wouldn't have cut it through like that. Too risky for him. Mandalos, Kone, Lazaros, and Fetfatzidis aren't quite at the same level as the aforementioned three in their passing abilities.

I really think his calling is at ACM and if we have a coach in Greece smart enough to deploy him in that kind of role, he would be phenomenal. He needs to use that body of his and rely on his attacking instincts like he has shown above.

P.S. check the shot he takes one-time at the 3:15 minute mark. I'd really hate not to see us make the most his talents.
      Last edited by Don Giovanni; 01-30-2019, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Very good to see. I am starting to believe more now that Tachtsidis should be tried further up. I knew he is capable of doing these types of passes, as we saw none of that for 6 months at his time with Olympiakos and even Greece. The only problem i have with him is his speed and concentration. Other than that he is a talented midfielder.I agree Fortounis wouldn’t assist like that.

Comment

Yeah, sure he can do this at Serie B level. Who cares?

Comment

Just to let everyone know Androutsos assisted the same way as Tachtsidis in the Olympiakos match against Larissa. I’m not sure if it means anything but he has only played 3 matches and has 1 assist and 1 goal in all competitions. I find him talented and seems to produce when given the chance.

Comment

If he keeps performing, why not? Androutsos is 21 and ready to make a senior bow with Greece, especially if he can carry that kind of form into March. We don't have a set midfield as of yet.

Comment

Yeah I’m not totally set on Kourbelis and Zeca. They are hard workers and run all day but we need someone with brains there also. Fortounis ahead of them is ok but as you said Fortounis dosent like to play those passes like the way Tachtsidis or Androutsos did the past few days.

Galanopoulos im not sure about but there is something there. I wish Ninis was playing week in and week out so the coach could see that he would need him as we have very limited options in the CM/CDM position. We need that type of midfielder who can and will play those types of passes and can use there brain to make things happen.

Comment

He can't defend set-pieces. Totally clueless even when it comes to making a simple headed clearance. His team lost 4-1 today and the fourth goal was all his fault.

Comment

I saw him today in his team's 1-0 win over derby rivals Foggia. The man has some shot on him and he's got a great eye for a pass/cross in the final third. He made a decisive interception/tackle in his own penalty area late on to keep the score 1-0. But he still gives the ball away in dangerous ways and it puts his team under pressure. He's talented, but he's better at probing defenses than he is at keeping possession. If stays in the deeper role, he'll need to show a lot more composure, concentration, and improvement in his passing (as good as it already is). He can afford to lose a pass when he's trying to sneak it past the last man, but if he loses it and the only thing to beat is his own defense, it's a problem and potentially costly.

Comment

Check out the cross from Tachtsidis at 1:30

Watch how his teammate starts his run from very wide and how Tachtsidis was able to bring a player in a blind spot into play. Look at the distance from which he kicks the ball. Look at the speed and dip on that ball. Look at the incredible height and how he got the ball in-between the two defenders, which dictated to his teammate where to position himself to score, giving him more to aim at and less chance of missing the net. Above it all, he one-timed it, which made it difficult for the opposition to react better.

Then watch Tachtsidis at 2:10, he loses the ball because he dropped his concentration. He's lucky that didn't result in a goal.

Those two moments perfectly encapsulate his strengths and his flaws, and why I think he's better off playing as an ACM. If he lost that same ball playing higher up the pitch, he'd at least have more players behind who could defend the loss of possession and thus run less of a risk of conceding on the counter. He doesn't do well playing so deep and keeping possession. And again, that's what Greece needs to do, the emphasis being that we press opponents into making those kinds of mistakes.

Comment

It is clear that he still has these kind of smart passes in him. I knew he would. It’s time for him to improve in his concentration because if he does I see good things happening for him.

Comment

Blokes not gonna change now. If anything I would put him in Ethniki only for a CAM role. Replace Fortounis in last 20-30 mins if he’s struggling

Comment

In 4-2-3-1 would you play Tachtsidis as the 10 and Mantalos as the 8? I’m saying this because wouldn’t it be logical to play Taxi as the 8 and Mantalos as the 10? It propably depends on what you want but beneficially what would be better?

Comment

Mantalos has regressed a lot. He's not good enough technically and he's slowed down a bit physically. The fury in his play is now gone. He still hustles hard and feeds off the creativity of others. For me, he's now more of a CM than an AM. Compared to guys like Fortounis and Tachtsidis, he's a level beneath them now.

Tachtsidis could be playing in the Series A next season. Lecce are now third in the table and trailing only a couple of points behind Palermo and Brescia. If they keep up at their current rate, they'll gain promotion.

I believe we'll need him when we play Italy. And I felt it was a huge mistake to play Bouchalakis at CM and Zeca at CAM against Bosnia. Should be Zeca at CM and Tachtsidis at CAM.

Comment

Working...
                              X