Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tassos Bakasetas - Alanyaspor - Turkey

Scored another two goals on the weekend, that’s 4 in 13 games in Turkey

He's doing well. His team were top of the table for a period, but are now sitting respectably in fifth place. That's pretty good considering their not one of the more established clubs in Turkey.

Comment

A player that’s a bit criticised on this forum (Reaper and I mostly criticise him) but he scored a fantastic goal against Galatasaray recently. He deserves to be praised because lately he has been playing well. Hopefully he can score goals like these for the national team.

https://youtu.be/mGHeMJ_4m0U

Comment

Waahhh. What a goal! I've been harsh on him too, but the man does have his quality moments. I felt he did disappoint for us. He had a starring role against Croatia in the play-offs in the second leg, but he didn't make anything of the opportunity, offering no threat whatsoever, and that was pretty much his story with Greece for a long time. After 20 games, he finally registered an assist. I thought he was a good player who could do as his coached asked of him, but I didn't feel he had any exceptional quality and in football it's the exceptional players who make the difference in the end, especially in the position he commands in attacking central midfield.

Full credit to him for his success in Turkey. He reminds me a lot of Salpingidis, but more skillful. He has a feel for the game in a way that allows him to shift the balance. Salpingidis had the exact same quality. How many times did we see Salpingidis pluck in to nab an unlikely goal? Bakasetas has that quality. It's good to have him as an option. Players like him should give us optimism for the NT's prospects.

Comment

I would just like to see him score these kind of goals for Greece. He has scored great long shots in Greece, especially when he was playing for Panionios. When he made his debut for Greece I was excited to see that same player but for 20+ games he has heavily disappointed us. Hopefully with the form he has now he can carry it in the national team. He has to contribute for the team and I mean in assists and goals. If he can pluck in those goals like Salpingidis did I’ll be happy.

Comment

Besiktas appear to be interested in his services:

https://www.pagenews.gr/2020/02/09/a...tis-mpesiktas/

Comment

I’ll give credit where credit is due and Bakasetas has been in great form. He scored a wonderful goal recently to rescue his team from defeat. Here is the goal...

https://youtu.be/nJO3a4yVF_g

Comment

What a beauty. Let's hope he brings that form to Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                What a beauty. Let's hope he brings that form to Greece.
                Yes exactly. Although he isn’t really technically gifted like say Fortounis, he is really thriving this season in his natural position at CAM. He should’ve never been put on the wing.

Comment

He could be a second striker and he could be effective on the wing in the same way Salpingidis had been. He's more of a false 9 than a 10 I think.

I just remember him in the play-off against Croatia being a complete and total waste of space. He played so many times for Greece and he never could settle in. Since his move to Turkey, he has played at another level. His form for his club has been very good and now for Greece he has found some life, but I don't know to what extent he can translate that ability to more success. He wasn't impressive in the UCL for AEK and to impress in Turkey doesn't necessarily mean much in the bigger picture. If he were in England, even if he wasn't enjoying as much success, that would be more impressive. For the time being, I think he has set the bar and if he makes the most of his opportunities, he could own a starting place with Greece ahead of Fortounis or Vrousaj.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giovanni View Post
                    He could be a second striker and he could be effective on the wing in the same way Salpingidis had been. He's more of a false 9 than a 10 I think.

I just remember him in the play-off against Croatia being a complete and total waste of space. He played so many times for Greece and he never could settle in. Since his move to Turkey, he has played at another level. His form for his club has been very good and now for Greece he has found some life, but I don't know to what extent he can translate that ability to more success. He wasn't impressive in the UCL for AEK and to impress in Turkey doesn't necessarily mean much in the bigger picture. If he were in England, even if he wasn't enjoying as much success, that would be more impressive. For the time being, I think he has set the bar and if he makes the most of his opportunities, he could own a starting place with Greece ahead of Fortounis or Vrousaj.
                    I see Bakasetas as a second striker aswell. Not a pure 10. I don’t agree that he is effective on the wing. Salpingidis at least had pace and energy about him and he could pull it off. Bakasetas is not fast enough to play on the wing. If he had Samaras’s pace then he could do something there, but he hasn’t. I’ve seen him many times look completely lost and non existent on the wing. CAM or a false 9 is the position for him.

I like how he uses his body well and is definitely strong and doesn’t get pushed off so easily. He hustles aswell which is great. He has a good eye for a pass and a deadly shot. Skill wise he is not at the same level as Fortounis, Mantalos or even Vrousai. You’ve said it before about how he has a feel for the game and he does. Skill and pace is what he is lacking.

If he can translate the way he plays for his club to Greece then I would definitely change my stance with him.

Comment

One for the scrap book. Bakasetas finally doing to the Turks what he does to the Greeks all the time..

Ο Τάσος Μπακασέτας αστόχησε σε πέναλτι στο πέμπτο λεπτό των καθυστερήσεων του αγώνα της Τραμπζοσνπόρ με τη Μόλντε για το Europa Conference League και εν...

Comment

This will most likely not make a difference to JVS. Like you’ve said the only way Bakasetas doesn’t play for Greece if he’s injured. Have a look at Fountas recent goal. Great shot with his left foot. I’d play Fountas anywhere in the attack for Greece. Can create and score for others. He’d be a great replacement, especially now that Fortounis is out.

https://youtu.be/z8DJXlWNebk
                        Last edited by Dean97; 08-06-2021, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Sadly I think Fortounis was always second to Mandalos in VS' mind so it makes no difference Fortounis is out. Mandalos will become the playmaker again and Kourbelis may recover his place at CM..

Comment

Although Mantalos is not the same player as he used to be, he is still a better option than Bakasetas. So I’d be ok if he’s our CAM. I think Kourbelis time is up. There’s no need for him anymore. Galanopoulos who I think JVS likes will be ahead of him. We also have Alexandropoulos who is very underrated and should be starting for this team. JVS also in the past has rated him so hopefully he plays.

Comment

Working...
                            X