Egaleo FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egaleo FC

I wanted to post something about Egaleo in here as my uncle who played for them recently passed away. I never got to see him play and I never really knew him as he lived in Greece and i was in Australia - I always knew he played in the old First division called the A' Ethniki however what I didnt know is how good this guy was - how well known he was and how well respected he was decades after retirement in Greek football circles .

In total he played 263 games for Egaleo 180 in the A Ethniki as a right back - he played 1 game for Greece and was known as O Vrazilianos or "The Brazilian" due to his technique and skills

Here is a photo of my uncle the old guy of course...- and these are the famous ex players players who turned up to play in a Testimonial match in his honour there are some big names in there...

Κώστας Φραντζέσκος, Δημήτρης Σταφυλίδης, Zaxos Lykourinos, Giannis Xanthopoulos, Νίκος Γκουλής, Νίκος Σαργκάνης, Κώστας Ξενικάκης, Θοδωρής Ζαγοράκης / Thodoris Zagorakis, Μιχάλης Καψής, Κώστας Λαγωνίδης, Πρέντραγκ Τζόρτζεβιτς and Στέφανος Μπορμπόκης.

Last edited by ThrylosG7; 10-23-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Comment

Congrats on the connection. How are the club doing these days? Hear nothing about them.

Comment

My condolences Noda

Wow that’s a star stunned line up to the testimonial match!!

Aegaleo had so much gonna for them at one stage, upgraded stadium, Europe, and then just fell away.

Comment

Great story.. thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
              Congrats on the connection. How are the club doing these days? Hear nothing about them.
              The club is still going well in terms of survival - they are playing in the Football League which is the 3rd Tier these days - they have been promoted in 2 years in a row after being relegated to D Ethniki because of an illegal merger . They are now making a push to get back into the GSL or at least GSL2 .they are one of the favourites to get promotion and have some interesting names in the squad that people would know. Currently after 5 games they are 8th on the table They have a decent following - because its an inner city team outside of the Ultras - enjoy a lot of support from the local residents as a "2nd" team and they get some pretty good crowds especially against the more well known teams like the 2 teams from Volos , Kalamata , Veria and Kavala .

Somewhere between 600 and 2000 fans - they are capable of getting 3000 - 4000 in their stadium which hold 80000

They have a decent Ultras following who are quite vocal

Comment

Comment

Egaleo signed Ismael Blanco today! The former AEK striker at 37!

Comment

Working...
                  X