• Asteras Tripolis vs AEK

Asteras Tripolis.svg

Asteras Tripolis vs AEK

Date - Sunday, 29th November 2020

Venue - Theodoros Kolokotronis Stadium, Tripoli

Competition - Super League

Round - 10

Time - 19:30 (Greece time)

A win is all that is acceptable after the shit we dished up mid week.

Only positive is that Mantalos is back

Comment

We always struggle against Asteras, I hope the players can turn it around after the shit we saw midweek. If we want to have any hope of a title these are games we need to be winning so we stay as close to oly as possible going into the new year and we do also play them in a couple weeks time.

Comment

Good win away from home. The performance was also good. Our combination plays in the front third were brilliant at times. We needed this result after the Zorya match.

Comment

We looked dominant which is good, Carrera take fucken note mate

Comment

Big win. Good sign of character to get this result after the shit show mid week.

One can only imagine what would have happened had we started with the 4-2-3-1 vs Zorya. Granted Mantalos wasnt available but still.

Anyway, good to get out with the W as Sydney already said we usually struggle in Tripolis. Very rarely does big Chyg get beat in the air. Tankovic was good, Karim took his goal well. Nelson cant buy a goal at the moment.

Comment

A really good win, we played great football. Could have won by more. I never want to see 3 CDMs on again.

Barrales is really good in the air, nothing we could do on the goal. If I were Asteras I would be upset with the reffing, everything went against them (much like is v Larissa last week).

Nelson is a decent player, just horribly out of form. Needs a goal, actually looked decent when he came on. Geeze, Karim knows where the goals are!!!

Insua is a great pick up for us, absolute work horse!

Comment

This is the AEK we love and want to see, yes it wasn’t 100% pretty and dominant but there was plenty in that 90 mins to show this team does have talent and character to challenge for the title. I just want Garcia (speed) back in that front 3 with Tankovic (creative talent) and Karim (just deadly anywhere in and around the box), if they click good luck to defenders. Livagia wasn’t too bad either today, just needs to be consistent.

Chygry I feel is getting on and it’s time we admit it and fix the issue sooner rather than later as harsh as it sounds, after this season I’d almost say he is close to being done, same time he deserves to walk into Agia Sofia.

Comment

Chrygry is getting on and we need a succession plan (Nede and Svarnas will be good with a year or two more). In saying that, Chrygry was almost best on away at Zorya, was an absolute beast!

Comment

Big Dimitro Chyg still has something to offer in some way shape or form, be it on the field or in the dressing room, however we definitely need to start looking ahead and Nede looks like a pretty good player, will only get better with time. We are still yet to see the best of Hnid.

I would love it if we kept Chyg on as a coach or in some capacity at the club.

Comment

Yes agree with keeping him at the club in some capacity when his time is up as he has a lot of experience to offer the young ones coming through. He has been a loyal player for us also.

Comment

Working...
                      X