Clear All

• Xanthi vs AEK

Xanthi vs AEK

Date - Saturday, 14th December 2019

Venue - Xanthi FC Arena, Xanthi

Competition - Superleague Greece

Round - 14

Time - 20:00 (Greece time)

Tough game to start for Carrera, always an awkward place to go too.

They have been up and down, got a point off Oly and pushed PAOK but also lost at home to Panionios and Lamia recently.

Need a win to start on the right foot with Carrera. Interesting to see what formation he goes with, I think it could be the same as we seen vs Panionios.

Comment

Always a tough venue but Xanthi haven’t been in great form of late, teams just seem to struggle to score there.

Xanthi are only 2 points behind us and along with AEL, OFI & Aris, very close behind us so a win would be very important and could help us pull away from the rest.

Comment

Our record from memory there is pretty poor add to the fact they’re doing well this season also makes it a very tough game. Will be good to see Carrera and what line up and formation he goes with, although I don’t expect miracles as it’s his first week at the helm. A draw wouldn’t be the worst result, although it would put us even further away from the top 2. Win there and that’s huge.

Comment

0-1 win in the Pigadia!

I didnt get to watch but sounded like Xanthi playes for the draw. They wrnt sown to 10 and Galanopoulos hot us the W on minute 84'

Huge win table wise but also it being Carreras first game. He started with the 3-5-2 and changed to 4-4-2 once they went down a man.

Comment

10 men is 10 men sadly so it’s difficult to say what the 11v11 result would have been. AEK took their chances though and got the goal (which is better than we’ve done at times) so kudos to AEK.

Comment

I watched the game and overall we were good. We seemed to be more patient and composed when we went forward. Defence was a little better also. The 3-5-2 he went with was spot on in this game. Got the winner late, good to get a win up there, not an easy place to get and walk away with 3 points.

We also had a penalty given then turned down via VAR.

Comment

Great result, as expected we dominated a Xanthi team that is strong at the back but doesn't have much upfront.

Have read great reviews on Carreras plays so that's encouraging

Comment

Great result. Clean sheet was important, that's why we were successful with Manolo, defend first, then attack.

Penalty getting overturned was the right decision, no contact, clear dive by Hult.

Hopefully he's given time to build a team and develop some strategy over the off season!

Comment

Working...
                  X