• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympiacos 1
    Marseille 0

Sensational.

Comment

• Massive win. 2nd place is certainly possible.

Comment

• olympiakos has done very well signing the older ACM types the past 7-8 years. really enjoyed watching chori play and now valbuena. really too bad these guys had/will have a short shelf-life in greece.

Comment

• Key take aways for me were:

Holebas still looks like a good player. Crosses are still good. Not sure about Rafinha but he’s serviceable.

Sa, Ba and Semedo looked solid.

MVila seems like a good signing. Bouchalakis did ok, never does anything spectacular anyway.

I thought Masouras played well and Randelovic was fine. Valbuena is class and El Arabi looks like he will be unstoppable again this season.

A great cross and header towards the end for the win, which has given us a great start to this competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by aek66 View Post
            olympiakos has done very well signing the older ACM types the past 7-8 years. really enjoyed watching chori play and now valbuena. really too bad these guys had/will have a short shelf-life in greece.
            I agree. Olympiacos has a very good formula now.

I suspect as the league improves with the new AEK stadium, new PAOK stadium and new PAO stadium, some of these Ibagaza types will begin to come Greece earlier in their careers.

Comment

• I could watch Chori Dominguez play all day. A perfect 10. What a player he was. Superb technique, skill and vision. I think Fortounis learned a lot from him.

Comment

• bouxalaki today - i wrote this in NT forum.

never developed, almost zero technique. having no technique, he needs time instead - to collect/gather/think/execute pass or shoot. no time given to you in the CL and against motivated opponents in greece intl. matches. he couldn't handle a soft pass with a 'touch' on his stronger left foot today - ball clangs 10 yards away - ball ends up in osfp goal 4 seconds later. killer goal to concede. no surprise to me that 2nd division (old category) forest dumped him.

i hate to pick on him or others, but it's very obvious. it's not his fault. his managers at all levels start him.

the old bug-a-boo. greek players with rotten technique and low levels of concentration. you're 25 yards from your goal. you need to concentrate as your opponent is pressing.

Comment

• ^ you can also add that he’s slow, very slow. Can’t catch up on his mistakes which is another downfall. But Kourbelis and Zeca are not any better. They can both cover ground but are just as bad technically and lack intelligence. Greece is really hurting in the CM/CDM position. No one stands out as the best, unlike Fortounis who stands out to be our best CAM.

Seeing Holebas plays I think he can still play for Greece. But it’s a better idea to move from him and have Tsimikas as our number 1 option.

Comment

• Trying hard to think of a Greek CM anywhere near the level of Guilherme. Watched Kourbelis vs Volos on the weekend, he was one of the worst players on the pitch..

Comment

• I think you can viably make the case that Tachtsidis and Gentsoglou to this day, are physically better footballers than any of the CMs we have playing with the ethniki. Sad statement, considering one plays in Serie B and the other in the middle east

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneHorseman View Post
                        I think you can viably make the case that Tachtsidis and Gentsoglou to this day, are physically better footballers than any of the CMs we have playing with the ethniki. Sad statement, considering one plays in Serie B and the other in the middle east
                        ^^ Both are far better passers than Kourbelis/Zeca/Bouxa. Also, Tacht and Gents are not fast, but neither is Bouxa or Kourbelis..

I was always fascinated just how badly Greece played when both Fortounis and Mandalos were in attacking roles together. I also noticed how badly Mandalos plays for the NT and AEK when shoehorned into a winger. I would have therefore attempted to convert Mandalos to a CM and give Fortounis the 10 role. If he is injured, Mandalos can take that role in his place. I am acutely aware of Fortounis's weaknesses also, but this whole NT is simply about making the best of an unmotivated group of players heavy on LBs and not much else.

Comment

• agree with all. i'm thinking that bouxalaki is important for osfp due to the homegrown player rule. should have thought of these things before selling your top greek youth talent.

if i was a manager for a lowly serie b or an unfancied greek super league side, i'd try to sign him. he's definitely not intl. quality for the greece side and he's a weak link for osfp in 4 out of 5 CL matches. clearly not good enough.

Comment

• I suspect Martins will give Pepe (who was bought to be a starter) more and more time from now on. Sourlis to be the back up perhaps.

I dont want to write off Bouxa completely because he can function in a system where he has talent around him, but leading a midfield himself? Not so certain about that.

Comment

• Check it out guys, we do a weekly podcast at Hellas Football

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcas...=1000496234762

Comment

• not bad, good stuff. keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X