UEFA Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSFP won 0-1. Valbuena provided an amazing assist for the goal.

Comment

Fantastic result! Well done.

Comment

Not a bad game. Batshitsuker have the support of Atromitos with a budget 5 times as a big and super stadium - that is of course empty. Perfect stadium for a team like OFI or Asteras. Shame there is not the money in Hellas that there is in Turkey for sports..

What the game told me? Masouras is currently the best winger Hellas has. Unlike Pelkas, Limnios, Donis, Bakasetas etc - he has the goods. He knows how to score with his head or feet and defends too.

Sa is superb. Bruno had a nightmare.

Camara needs to stop looking to shoot every time he receives the ball.

Cisse and indeed Ba are both superior to Meria.

Guerrero is not a striker. Both Panathinaikos and PAOK have better strikers than Olympiacos which is bizarre.

Bouxalakis is a rare thing in Hellas. A player that improves with age and experience.

Podence is overrated.

Comment

I have to agree that Podence is overrated. Still decent to have in my opinion. Masouras is playing very good and is getting better and better. Nice ball by Valbuena. I know what Bouchalakis has to offer, Ive always seen something in him. My only slight problem with him is his speed. He isn’t that slow but isn’t anywhere near fast. He has the height and brains to do well for Olympiakos and Greece.

Comment

Bouchalakis is okay. Can do a bit of everything, without really excelling. Masouras, i need to see a lot more of. Nice finish though.

Oly seemed comfortable in this one. There were a few nervy moments but nothing to worry about. Semedo brings composure, almost henriksen like back in the day. The test will come next round. Those bastards porto always seem to get the job done.

Comment

Another win 2-0. We played well but not good enough to beat Porto if you ask me. We definitely need a striker also a better CB than Meriah, even though he did ok. Tsimikas played very well. Kept things simple. Semedo played fantastic. Valbuena and Podence need to do better. Masouras and Guilherme played great. Bouchalakis didn’t play well today I must say. Wasnt awful but needs to do better. Played a few dangerous back passes that wasn’t needed. I feel like Androutsos would’ve done a better job in my opinion.

Again we desperately need a goal scoring striker. Guerrero isn’t up to it.

Sa with another outstanding performance. Saved us 3 times. Rightly deserved man of the match.

Comment

Oly is going to play Krasnodar next round... I think they are a bit of an easier team than Porto.

Comment

MVP Sa without a doubt.

We need Hassan back.

Guerrero and Meriah our worst. Ba and Cisse both better than Meriah.

I think the Russians may be a bridge too far unless we get a real striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                    MVP Sa without a doubt.

We need Hassan back.

Guerrero and Meriah our worst. Ba and Cisse both better than Meriah.

I think the Russians may be a bridge to far unless we get a real striker.
                    I agree. I think we should find someone better than Hassan.

Comment

Might be porto's worse loss ever. 3 down after 35min. I watched the last 20min. Good turn out, some grim faces by the end. I'd imagine they sell someone to make up for the funds lost.

This is the russian team with berg. They also have vilhena, wanderson and cabella. Time for marinakis to reach into those deep pockets of his.

Comment

Greek teams haven’t had much success against the Russians the last 20 odd years! Hope OSFP can swing that around

Comment

Comment

A massive 4-0 win... and €30 odd million coming with it.

Randelovic with two goals. Valbuena hitting form, great assist from him on one goal and Bouchalakis on the 4th too

Comment

Not to mention much needed coefficient points.

If things play as they should: Oly and PAOK advance, APOEL drops to Europa and Apollon gets eliminated then Greece will jump them. If AEK can get past Trapezounta-spor then we can do even more damage.

Comment

Never like to see injuries but you just had a feeling that this was going to be oly’s night when the Russians lost cabella early. Then there was the poster that ended up in the back of the net. To be fair, the keeper was well beaten. In fact, he wasn’t convincing all night. There was an earlier effort from guilherme, where he showed poor handling. Then offcourse on the third goal, he shows poor anticipation and inexperience which affects his positioning. The serb (nice find btw) though, hit it nice and low. Ask any keeper, balls that are not hand level, are a nightmare to deal with. Credit to oly though for testing him from afar.

Prior to the game, you couldn’t help thinking if this Russian side is just a collection of more than a few stars but they have had some good results. Last season, they knocked out Leverkusen and pushed Valencia in the following round. Vilhena though never got going, wanderson showed some enthusiasm at best, whilst berg still seems to be finding his feet.

All martins had to do is keep the pivot ever present in front of the defense and stay narrow and it kept the Russians clueless. If the game against porto proved anything though, it’s that the Russians do pose a threat in transition. Martins though, at least from what I’ve seen from him in Europe, is cautious about how many men he commits forward. On average say 4 attackers in the box. If guilherme moves forward, bouchalakis moves backwards, one fullback forward, the other staying back to cover. Stuff like this though it requires discipline so credit to his players, not to mention their ruthlessness in taking the chances they were presented. The Russians gambled in pursuit of the away goal and left some space in behind though the glaring issue was the poor protection in front of the centre halves.

Comment

Working...
                                X