OFI VS PAO DECEMBER 9 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFI VS PAO DECEMBER 9 2018

Lost 3/1. PAOs worst showing of the year.

Team was/is knackered playing in front of an intense crowd (which was expected)

Ofi is a team of bums. They simply did their homework watching our game against aris (where in the first 20 or so minutes we couldn't get out of our half) and utilised the high press. Unlike aris though, they were also committing illegal acts to stop us playing out. Last time i checked, you can't rugby tackle someone in transition 3, 4 times and not get cautioned.

Anyway, the couple of times we got out, we got a goal and missed a great chance before that. I think we smack them at oaka.

I don't know whether to credit donis or not with persisting in trying to play out from the back with the likes of mavromatis and kolovetsios. This is modern football, that is passing and keeping the ball under pressure. It's why the likes of ajax can go to bayern and perform well but also why the likes of aek and let's face it every greek side struggle playing in europe. I'm not confident you can teach limited defenders like ours to do this. I think donis and dabizas know better than anyone, that they need to find ball playing defenders.

Comment

Working...
    X